Seeking Opinion : Buying Watch in Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolex in Switzerland

Got my first Rolex from Lucern in Switzerland (Milgauss GV). My experience is that it is $200 cheaper. It depends on the model. The Submariner is more expensive.
    His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Schipol Airport - Amsterdam

Just came back and I noticed the prices at the airport is good. For example the Milgauss GV (green glass) can be bought for 4218 euros (approx S$8550).
      His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Is Rolex in Switzerland Cheaper?

Hi all experts,

may I know is it cheaper if I go to Switzerland to get a Rolex watch?

Hope to hear some advise soon.

Thank you in advance

Comment

There are ready information on your query here. All you need to do effortlessly is to search for it. The straight answer is NO! Many will also think that buying seiko watches in japan is cheaper. The answer is again, NO!
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hi bro,it's not that we're beening rude here,will appreciate if u make some effort to search through the forum for answer to ur question before popping up this question as this had been asked alot of time from alot of ppl asking whether rolex is cheaper in this country or that country.

For ur question is rolex cheaper in Switzerland, it all depends on the currency exchange rate and the tax rebate and the discount given by the ADs as Rolex list prices are all the same around the world.hope this answer u. Cheers.
            累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

below are some thread which had been brought up for ur reference.

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=39292

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=37928

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=36714

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=33321

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=33649
              累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

My Mistake,had search after posting and gotten the answers.
                Thanks once again to all who replied.
                Have a nice day.

Comment

Will Rolex watches be cheaper in Swiss?

Hi guys I'll be going over to Europe-Swiss,Italy,France,Germany this end of year for holiday. Can I check if will their rolex prices be cheaper than Sing and if cheaper, by how much? Then how about other watch brands like IWC,Brietling etc? Also what place to go to buy these watches? Heard that they say go bucherer. Hope any experienced person who went there before can advise me. thanks a lot!

Comment

if in swiss, likely you head to bucherer. however, i dont find their watch price there cheap. maybe italy is a better bet.

my suggestion is that you isolate say about 2-3 models that you are keen to buy in sg. check out the list price, discount structure given. when you head to europe and visit the AD, check their price after discount. then factor in the VAT. however when you do CONVERSION, cannot base on exchange rate in cash which you change UNLESS you pay in CASH.

if you use credit card, then you have to 'estimate' the exchange rate. also different cc companies have different styles of billing, some are based on date of transaction. some are based on date of billing. so the exchange rate is different.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

in bucherer, i managed to get a watch at 1.26 Swiss francs exchange and found out that after all the refunding of VAT, its equivalent to 15% discount for sports model. A friend who bought a submariner also managed to get roughly that price.

What intrigued me was that a Daytona was going at a little under 10k and after exchange plus VAT refund it was about 9k swiss francs.... meaning about 11400 Sing... and that is a fantastic price... however only one piece due to someone ordering and not getting it....

go check out model first. I realised that you can get slightly better discount in Swiss for sports model, my wife bought one in switzerland DJ boysize and found that it was 100+ buck more expensive after conversion....
                      Currently own:
                      Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
                      Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
                      Blue Dial/Silver Markers
                      Seiko SNZG15K1
                      Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
                      Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
                      Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
                      Omega Seamaster 2254.50
                      Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

Will it be a better bet buying at the Changi Airport outbound since no GST is levied? Any shops opened at midnight in T1?
                        My Humble Collection :
                        PAM 320
                        Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                        Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

possible. only if you get the same discount @ airport and @ AD then cheaper. however, you did not factor in list price after conversion overseas and the VAT

Originally posted by tyongchi View Post
                          Will it be a better bet buying at the Changi Airport outbound since no GST is levied?
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

yeps they are open 24/7

you can try your luck at gassan watches
                            Currently own:
                            Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
                            Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
                            Blue Dial/Silver Markers
                            Seiko SNZG15K1
                            Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
                            Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
                            Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
                            Omega Seamaster 2254.50
                            Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

Answer is; for Switzerland, prices will be cheaper than Singapore after factoring in conversion rate and tax refund (Swiss is only about ~5% rebate).

However, I would say higher tax in Germany or Austria will give you a much better deal, especially now with Eur hitting very low point. Problem is like described earlier, you may not get the model you want. Since you are visiting a few countries, narrow down your choices.

Best deal currently is when buying in Greece or the UK.

Comment

I just came back from Swiss but the price there seem to be higher even after tax refund. For longines yes I bought one and it is cheaper in swiss than dubai, but for rolex the price is higher.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X