Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Opinion : Buying Watch in Switzerland

Hi All,

I am planning to get my first Rolex when I visit Switzerland next month.
    Just wondering if it is cheaper to buy from an AD in Singapore or in Switzerland?

Regards

stick with singapore......
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
      stick with singapore......
      Y leh?
      Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

generally speaking rolex watches in swiss is more expensive. last check was in middle of the year. however, it is possible to get a good bargain if u keep ur eyes open. with little luck, u may come across 1 or 2 pieces @ list. i managed to help a friend of mine get one @ list while sg ad are selling above list
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
          Y leh?
          cos most of the time here cheaper.......
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

All right, since i just got back from swiss, i think i provide some updates on the pricing:

Sub with Date Just 6.1k;
            Sub without Date 5.4k;
            Sea Dweller 6.3k
            Explorer II with datejust 5.9k

All of the above are in swiss franks, and as of current, exchange rate about 1.3. Best deal i had with 7% + 2% discount out of which 7% is tax and 2% additional, from well known shops.

Though i didnt manage to get any as a 1st hand piece is out of my budget. In anyway, this is a reference. The additional 2% is purely cos my tour guide knew the staff and managed to get "so called additional", i am not affiliated with any shops also.

Comment

Originally posted by acertey View Post
              All right, since i just got back from swiss, i think i provide some updates on the pricing:

Sub with Date Just 6.1k;
              Sub without Date 5.4k;
              Sea Dweller 6.3k
              Explorer II with datejust 5.9k

All of the above are in swiss franks, and as of current, exchange rate about 1.3. Best deal i had with 7% + 2% discount out of which 7% is tax and 2% additional, from well known shops.

Though i didnt manage to get any as a 1st hand piece is out of my budget. In anyway, this is a reference. The additional 2% is purely cos my tour guide knew the staff and managed to get "so called additional", i am not affiliated with any shops also.

HiHi...

So u meant the pricing are actually for preowned pieces ?
              A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

brand new...

Comment

base on the prices, i believe it is still cheaper to get it from singapore.

however, im inclined to believe that the 2% is just to entice you. probably to entice ppl who yet to scout around for prices. the tour guides probably take a cut off the watches sold.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Daytona cheaper in Switzerland???

Hi bros... newbie here... and need some advice on getting SS daytona.

i'm interested in getting a black dial SS daytona and i'm also also going to switzerland in December. Just wondering if there is any price difference in switzerland and singapore and whether i should postpone my purchase decision until my holiday in Dec...

I was quoted $17k for the SS black dial by 2 different AD (one in peninsula plaza and at chinatown) and they actually have stock, the one in chinatown actually showed it to me and i was so tempted to take out my creditcard for it (they allowed creditcard payment at $17k)

Tried my luck at THG at cityhall and Dickson at suntec but they don't have stock, but quoted 18k and 17.5k for the black dial SS.

Watchlink has it for $15.8k for the SS black dial (posted on 30 Aug 2009), but i'm not sure if it is reliable to get if from them as they are not a AD.

Anyone compared the prices in Singapore and Switzerland??? i heard differing comments, some say it is cheaper to get in Singapore while some say it cheaper in Switzerland... Not sure who is right.... But assuming watchlink got their stock from AD outside Singapore, then i suppose it can be cheaper to buy daytona from outside singapore unless they have sources direct from Rolex...

Also understand that daytona are generally selling at a premium, should i try my luck in switzerland to see if i can get it at the recommended retail price???

Any comments from expert here on whether i should get it now or wait???
                    20 April 2010 - V series 116520 (black)
                    23 April 2010 - V series 16610LV
                    30 June 2011 - G series 116610LV
                    14 February 2015 - Random series 116710BLNR

Comment

Not likely for you to get 1 at RRP over there....usually for the regulars or big timers only.

Buy BNIB from our garage is better...no problem getting from watchlink...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

116520 wanabe? wow....

Comment

One of my fren saw a daytona there and was quoted sg11k for it. maybe u can wait to go over to check it out! i regretted not buying ever since...
                          Since u r planning to pay sg17k for it, y not wait till y get there and look see look see...
                          So, i would suggest u to wait unless u r desperate to part with ur money...

Comment

Ok, here's the thing that I've been hearing about prices of ROLEX watches being lower in Switzerland than Singapore. I stand corrected here.

The 'ang mohs' simply don't believe in giving discounts and the watches are sold at the retail/list prices (RRP). This being the case, the price of the Daytona will definitely be lower (in Switzerland) in the sense that it is selling at a premium price here in Singapore. So if the RRP is Sgd$12,000 for a black ss Daytona, the 'ang moh' AD will sell it to you at RRP. I self-explained this scenario to understand why the gray dealers can sell it in the range of $14k-16k, and still make money.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Totally agree with wat u said... I got mine at list price but the catch is to buy any 3 watches from them in order to get my daytona...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X