No announcement yet.

Pam 111 and 112 are nice but someome said they are just base model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are nice watches. Just ignore those watch snops!
    His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

I love the pam 111, but was contemplating now whether should i get the pam111 or santos 100xl. any suggestions from watch experts here?

Comment

Definitely the 111...regretted selling it last month!

Comment

You can try Jabba Straps from Romania, excellent workmanships and good selection of calf leather....

Btw where is a good place for strap shopping? Other than online, any shops to recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayson View Post
            I love the pam 111, but was contemplating now whether should i get the pam111 or santos 100xl. any suggestions from watch experts here?
            I owned both before. Pam 111 get my vote.

Comment

A base model Panerai is one without a second hand - Only hour and minute hands. There is no date or any other complications as well. Historically, the original Panerai used by the Italian Navy were all base models. Collectors who want a classic wartime Italian Navy Panerai would want a base model.

btw the pam 111 has second hand so its not considered a base model (OP XI cal., ETA 6497/2)
              the pam 112 is base, though (OP X cal., ETA 6497)

Comment

Tot 000 is e base model???

Both 111 and 112 have e classic look... Basic design is where e other models comes from... They all start from basic...

Some ppl jus don know how to appreciate simplicity... Look at AP's Royal Oak, simply yet classic... Look at PP's Nautilus, also same... Look at Rolex's Explorer, also clean and nice...

Like wat Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (famous architect) say " less is more "

Anyway wear yr watch in good health and don care wat ppl say...

Cheers

Comment

My first Pam was a 111, at first it just look like another watch but once you see it in your wrist you will slowly fall in love with it. Now all my other watches are just parked most of the time and now an avid paneristi.

Comment

Historic Base PAMs are the best looking Panerais in my opinion. They are the ones that started this crazy addiction that got us hooked with the brand. These base PAMs are simplicity at its best. Cant go wrong with either the 111 or 112!

Comment

Originally posted by rubberduckie View Post
                      Historic Base PAMs are the best looking Panerais in my opinion. They are the ones that started this crazy addiction that got us hooked with the brand. These base PAMs are simplicity at its best. Cant go wrong with either the 111 or 112!
                      +1.. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayson View Post
                        Confirm Cartier Santos. Cannot campare Cartier and Pam. Pam 111 too common liao. If u want a more sporty look, go for 111, if not go for Santos.

Comment

Hi everyone, my next watch will be a Pam, my first Pam, but havn't decide whether should be a 000 or 112, or straight into 359 with inhouse movement? Btw what's the different between 000 & 112 except the logo and see through caseback? Tks.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny1367 View Post
                            Hi everyone, my next watch will be a Pam, my first Pam, but havn't decide whether should be a 000 or 112, or straight into 359 with inhouse movement? Btw what's the different between 000 & 112 except the logo and see through caseback? Tks.
                            Sandwich dial for 112.

Comment

A Panerai base model is essentially a model which only displays hours and minutes. Some of the most sought after PAMs are base models (201a, prea/a9, 21, 232,294, 249, 449, 448, 360 etc). Just by looking at the list of the came off the top of my head, there's nothing deragotary at all in owning a base from a desirability.

Base is not equal to entry level.

Comment

Hi all Panerai enthusiasts,

I was never a fan of the Panerai look when I first saw it. But it slowly grew on me, and I am now looking to get my first Pam. I was also partially influenced by my friend, who first bought a U-Boat, and is now looking to get a Pam. I did a bit of research (based on my budget) and came across a titanium Pam 112. Did a bit more research on this forum and found this thread.

As I am new to Panerai, I would like to seek the advice of senior Panerai enthusiasts here on the approximate price of a titanium Pam 112, so that I would not be over-paying (hopefully) for one. At the same time, I would also like to ask if the titanium Pam 112 comes in a 46mm version.

Thank you all in advance for your answers, and apologies in advance if I had not searched hard enough in the forum for the answers to my questions.

Best regards.

Jim

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X