Election Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election Results

According to GE Results, there is close to 10% of invalid votes.

Do you think these 10% of void (invalid) votes will make a difference in those close contest area like potong pasir?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

invalid votes will always be a decider in any election. last election in oz, alot of people give blank paper. dont want to vote any particular party.

some even refuse to vote rather pay the fine for not voting.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

personally i find that CST made a wrong move to contest at TPY.Nevertheless, it is indeed a very brave move by him.

Was wondering why the OPP can't merge into a team to take on the ( LIGHTNING )

Comment

I would trade some of the elected MPs for some of the failed to be elected MPs.

but guess this is one of the disadvantages of the GRC grouping. Let's hope those that are weaker but got in probably due to being paired with a stronger leader is able to live up to expectations and not hide behind the scene. We'll see
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Although opp parties didn't made it to the parliament seats, it's still very encouraging for them to see the vote swings!!!
          Well done! 2016 will be another interesting year!

In the drawer
          R 6694 / TH 3000 / R 79240 / R 16610 V / B Aviator / O PO / R 178341 /
          L Pilot Miyota Type-B / G Incursore / FC Healey

NIB Omega Planet Ocean 42mm for sale.

Comment

i hope PAP will wake up and realise that expensive HDB flats are not the way to go for Singaporeans...

we deserve our singapore dreams, the 5Cs!! lower the cost of living!
            Opportunities come once

Comment

yah.. the PAP mandate is only 60.14%. it's lower by around 5%. but they still win most of the seats.
              i think the next 2 GE might have a big change if ruling party still continue what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by voltshin View Post
                yah.. the PAP mandate is only 60.14%. it's lower by around 5%. but they still win most of the seats.
                i think the next 2 GE might have a big change if ruling party still continue what they are doing.
                but if the number of new citizens continue to rise.....

sometimes I wonder, would the percentage have been lower if there werent that many new citizens...anyway, its over. lets hope they really do some soul searching as per what PM lee mentioned in his speech.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i am more interested to see if the general welfare of singaporeans are taken care of.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Let's hope that healthcare and housing can improve after this.

Can eat cheap live cheap but you cannot control illness.
                    Sleeping on the street will get you into trouble too.
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      According to GE Results, there is close to 10% of invalid votes.

Do you think these 10% of void (invalid) votes will make a difference in those close contest area like potong pasir?
                      where did you get the 10% figure?... in all constituencies its hovering around the 2% figure, except for AMK where it was 3%...

for a figure as high as you've quoted, it would have taken a lot of protest votes to get it up there... and that would have been something to think about for both sides of the fence...

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        I would trade some of the elected MPs for some of the failed to be elected MPs.

but guess this is one of the disadvantages of the GRC grouping. Let's hope those that are weaker but got in probably due to being paired with a stronger leader is able to live up to expectations and not hide behind the scene. We'll see
                        Fully agree with you on this Bro! I'd rather have experienced/credible people like George Yeo and Tan Jee Say as MP than some young, inexperienced wet behind the ears characters representing the needs of the people in parliament. That's why in many ways, the GRC system is flawed, especially when deserving candidates from all parties are denied seats in parliament.
                        Sweet 16:
                        PP Aquanaut
                        VC Overseas
                        AP ROO Black Themes
                        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                        Breguet Type XXI
                        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                        JLC Navy Seals
                        GO Senator 60s
                        GP Laureato
                        Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                        Rolex DSSD
                        IWC Big Pilot
                        Pam 112
                        Omega Ploprof
                        Breitling Super Avenger
                        Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                          Fully agree with you on this Bro! I'd rather have experienced/credible people like George Yeo and Tan Jee Say as MP than some young, inexperienced wet behind the ears characters representing the needs of the people in parliament. That's why in many ways, the GRC system is flawed, especially when deserving candidates from all parties are denied seats in parliament.
                          depending on which side of the fence you sit, the GRC system can be seen as a bane or a blessing... if there was any flaw, it rests solely on the electorate, ie. us, the citizens...

it is the political incumbent's duty to maintain power using any constitutional means at their disposal... back when the motion for the GRC system was proposed and then passed to amend the constitution, did we do enough to stop it from being carried out?... we didn't and who's fault is that?...

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                            Yeh agree on this as well as whom you mentioned.

Honestly, I feel that if they want to train or give chance to the new young birds, they should just take them in as apprentice kind of role where they can shadow and learn from the capable old birds, rather than actually giving them an office/seat in this case.

Only time will tell how this will turn out. Let's hope for the best.

Comment

sorry, it was my mistake. i did not scroll thru to the right.
                              your figure is correct

Originally posted by clokwerk oranje View Post
                              where did you get the 10% figure?... in all constituencies its hovering around the 2% figure, except for AMK where it was 3%...

for a figure as high as you've quoted, it would have taken a lot of protest votes to get it up there... and that would have been something to think about for both sides of the fence...

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X