Election Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deslene View Post
    If a fresh coat of paint is what u desire, my friend, I think i can still afford to buy a few tins to splash on ur cars n house... Having a Gov is not just abt having a fresh coat of paint for ur block, its abt having someone whom we can trust n rely on... If for someone who cant even admit his own mistakes, can we depend on him? Investment is a risk no doubt. But when investment fails, we shd be informed. N not just delay our CPF withdrawal just to cover their mistakes. Nobody said they cant invest our money, but like everywhere else, when a project failed, the person in charge got to face the music. But do PAP do that? When MS escaped, the money used to make the banners, posters, advs were all from us, the taxpayers' money. Its not from the Minster who did the mistake... So pls people, stop living in the past... look out of the box that PAP has been keeping us in...
    Guys...i am trying to be scarastic here la... didnt you guys see the remarks from MM abt repent for next 5 years??

Regarding the new coat of paint...isnt this always the carrot that ruling party has dangle to entice both potong pasir and hougang back to pap fold??

Lastly abt the slums...isnt this what the ruling party suggested that the prices will fall??

Comment

Folks,

The people have chosen. Out of 10, 6 have chosen white, 4 have decided on blue and other colours. Whatever you choose, you are entitled to your choice.

As opinated people (people who come to the forum to share their views), it is normal to want to win other Singaporeans over. However, how we choose is a function of quite a few things. I could never exhaust the list. But i guess personality, past experience, present living experience, vision and ideas, risk profile, education, family background, wealth, location, quality of candidates, occupation, political awareness and many many other factors influence one's choice.

We had a brilliant group of founding fathers. Absolutely brilliant. Then yet I must say, it is a subjective opinion of mine. A certain % of my fellow singaporeans may not agree.

Among the founding fathers, Raja wrote these words "based on justice and equality" which I had come to know as a schooling kid, assembling in front of my national flag.

Every Singaporean deserves a fair and equality turn in their estate upgrading. An equitable access to the state fund for upgrading. Those costs are born out of our Nation's funds - reserves, surpluses, yearly budget and allocation. The people who have chosen white, blue and other colours have come together to achieve these surpluses.

It is not based on justice and equality if as fellow Singaporeans, you should expect Aljunied not to have a fresh coat of paint vs. another location who have voted otherwise.

If one day the ruling colour is any other colour, I believe I would still tell you the same.

The people have chosen. Let us respect and love our fellow singaporeans for what they have chosen.

Tks.

Comment

golanheights, good post!

I also learnt what is the meaning of Gerrymandering and Groupthink. some bombastic English for me as a lowly Singaporean by PAP standard.
        I own a Rolex !

Comment

Anybody knows what will happen to the worker in those town council when a new party took over?

Comment

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
            Anybody knows what will happen to the worker in those town council when a new party took over?
            Like when a new owner buy over a food court. Sack the management but re-hire all the workers.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
              Like when a new owner buy over a food court. Sack the management but re-hire all the workers.
              Glad to hear that .

Comment

Wrong!

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                Glad to hear that .
                Read today's Straits Times, Prime News at Pg A8, "Aljunied, Potong Pasir town council staff may not lose jobs"
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ST have to be taken with some salt.

Things looks different from TR. No smooth handing over.
                  A little sore.

Also waiting to see if any outcome for TPL breaking rule set by themselves .
                  Which if opposition do the same thing. I guarantee they will disqualify them.
                  Like the 35secs thing. So people, no mech watch ok.
                  Even cosc +6 over a week will disqualify you.
                  Get a superquartz or oysterquartz
                  Or the new citizen satellite tuned time.

"late? U mean ur time more accurate than atomic clock???"
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Just wear a Rolex... "Late? Yours what watch?" I am sure the other party will keep quiet... =P

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                    ST have to be taken with some salt.

Things looks different from TR. No smooth handing over.
                    A little sore.

Also waiting to see if any outcome for TPL breaking rule set by themselves .
                    Which if opposition do the same thing. I guarantee they will disqualify them.
                    Like the 35secs thing. So people, no mech watch ok.
                    Even cosc +6 over a week will disqualify you.
                    Get a superquartz or oysterquartz
                    Or the new citizen satellite tuned time.

"late? U mean ur time more accurate than atomic clock???"

Comment

• Originally posted by clokwerk oranje View Post
                      you probably should come out of your shell and stop living in the past... the past is the past, isn't the main reason we went through the GE exercise the past week about renewal, planning & securing our future...

the purpose of any democratically elected govt in the world is to serve the ppl, not the other way around... so who should be more grateful for the million dollars salary... the kind of salary other elected politicians in the rest of the world can only envy...

tell me what's wrong with the youth of today?... were you hoping that they should cut school and run riot against the authority?...
                      Bro..They called the term 'Stone Age Era'.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X