Election Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Hopefully she will order Katespade from me?
    u think your statement is funny?

Comment

i don't get why some ppl believe one politician deserves sympathy over another...
      sympathy & politician in the same sentence seems to me as an oxymoron...

and why should the WP abandon Aljuneid GRC when they have continued working the ground since the last election... that's simply just plain stupid and they would definitely not deserve to be in the political arena if they did...

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
        Another Best PAP candidate CCS former army chief......speaking like a small little boy, OMG!!!!!
        Aye, people go cambridge and some military institute and top everything leh..... Maybe they choose him cause catch no ball his story.

Those who agree with me.....kee chui!

Comment

Knowing from 2006 that WP will focus fire power on Aljunied this time round, Papies should have thought of GY and LHH (if they think these 2 are crucial ministers) and made changes there.

So, either Papies....

Is too confident that they will never lose Aljunied, or
          They value other ministers (eg MBT) more than GY, or
          They don't really mind losing GY and LHH.

Originally posted by clokwerk oranje View Post
          i don't get why some ppl believe one politician deserves sympathy over another...
          sympathy & politician in the same sentence seems to me as an oxymoron...

and why should the WP abandon Aljuneid GRC when they have continued working the ground since the last election... that's simply just plain stupid and they would definitely not deserve to be in the political arena if they did...

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
            Knowing from 2006 that WP will focus fire power on Aljunied this time round, Papies should have thought of GY and LHH (if they think these 2 are crucial ministers) and made changes there.

So, either Papies....

Is too confident that they will never lose Aljunied, or
            They value other ministers (eg MBT) more than GY, or
            They don't really mind losing GY and LHH.
            or you can put it in another way that they've lost touch, the past few years there seem to be a disconnect between their reality and our reality... and it looked that they only realised that at the eleventh hour...

interesting to see their response to this GE... are they going to touch base or are they already set on their ways?..

Comment

The party knows what they are in for so they have to accept the results.

If opposition have to consider what minister is in which area.
              Then just spread and plant one "important" minister in each grc and opposition can close shop liao.

Also when attracted their top talent, minister grade, they always stressed that these talents have to suffer massive pay cuts to join politics. That's why have to pay ministers millions, which is still much less than they can make in private sector.

Surely they can find some other million dollars paycheck while waiting for their next break to serve the people.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

So the next 5 years is the tipping point in the political landscape period.

People will continue to mature in political consciousness.
                People will look at WP's work in their GRC.
                People will check if PAP will fulfill their promise on so many issues that swing their vote this year.

2016 could see a even more dramatic swing but it could be either way.

Comment

Originally posted by honestdeal View Post
                  personally i find that CST made a wrong move to contest at TPY.Nevertheless, it is indeed a very brave move by him.

Was wondering why the OPP can't merge into a team to take on the ( LIGHTNING )
                  bro, i think it because not all oppositions have the same ideals and joining together might do more bad then good.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    According to GE Results, there is close to 10% of invalid votes.

Do you think these 10% of void (invalid) votes will make a difference in those close contest area like potong pasir?
                    i think have affect areas like joo chiat and potong pasir when % so close.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      i am more interested to see if the general welfare of singaporeans are taken care of.
                      so do i, me from lower income family and it really tough for me

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                        Let's hope that healthcare and housing can improve after this.

Can eat cheap live cheap but you cannot control illness.
                        Sleeping on the street will get you into trouble too.
                        yes i certainly hope so

Comment

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                          Just my tot . I find that this time round the WP is selfish to contest with George Yeo and cause s'pore as a whole to lose a good states man. There are other GRCs which they can & should go to. Both are good man which majority of people won't want to lose but there can only be one. So I guess they chose WP as there are no other Opp that is as good as him and the rest is history. I wonder how much tot is for self and how much is for s'pore as a whole. Just my tot
                          bro on the other hand, i think WP did the right thing. Aljunied is the only GRC they have the most chance to take down since the last election they did quite well. the foundation is already there. WP will not be so stupid to put their A team in amk GRC i guess George yeo good? well it depends on preferences bah for me i really think not bad because he not so arrogent and did not do very wrong things like some other ministers. GRC is created by PaP to their advantage. if there is anyone to blame, it is PaP themselves to blame for Aljunied outcome. maybe PaP have confidence in George yeo abilities or lastly PaP might be too arrogent and think oppositions will not be able to win any GRC. lastly Y George yeo was put there and not removed, i guess there is another more likely reason which i guess i will not say much

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                            Hope this is a wake up call for PAP. They should know ppl's frustration and unhappiness. And choose the new candidates correctly. It's disappointing to remove some veterans and replace with some young ones or those top scholars. Hope they could learn from Oppositon to find some good calibres ppl who really know what commoners want and listen to them. Stop all those lousy policies and come out with more realistic and correct plans. Remove GRC to bring in good talented candidates with real elections. Stop those candidates to come in with the help of someone.

It's a pity that Chiam lost coz the one who let go Mas should be punished. It's so obvious that mistakes by someone can just simply be ignored. We were taught to admit mistakes and say sorry immediately. Not till elections then admit sorry. What's the point? And hope HDB could really be affordable for all Singaporeans.
                            bro, standard lah, they will never admit they are in the wrong and y until last min then apologise? u think the aplogy is sincere? i certainly think not. yes Chiam is really a good man. i heard from my friends from potong pasir that he always take his own money to upgrade potong pasir. so old liao still wanna fight on. i salute him and i dont think he have any hidden agenda. i think he really care for the ppl of P P. he is lawyer, can easily earn more. y wanna be opposition? always got ppl 'eyeing' u and also must be very careful not to say wrong things wait sure kanna jialat anyway i see him like that i also really sad. if i see him, i will tell him, i really appreciate what he did for so long and call him rest bah. his commitment everyone can see liao

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
                              All a long, I'm a strong supporter of PAP...however, after seeing those young PAP members (go YouTube and see), it worries me! I'm not worried about PAP but worried for Singapore and we Singaporean. Can't PAP get people like Nicole Seah, just take a look at that Tin Pei Ling, I almost fainted! I hope for the next 5 years PAP will really do something and win back the support from the people of Singapore....
                              bro, nicole seah wont join PaP because her ideals are diff from PaP. i think if she want to join PaP, PaP sure grab her lor instead of Tin haha. Tin hubby power lei. private secretary of prime minister

Comment

Originally posted by voltshin View Post
                                those people who joined PAP are different from the past now. most of them joined for the purpose of high paycheck and a stepping stone to go into high position in MNC.

i always feel that new candidate should always be in SMC. maybe those places that they helped as grassroot leader. the people will vote them if they really feel the person is the right one. not just tag along some high profile ministers and become elected MPs.
                                are they really grassroot leaders in the past for a long time or just couple of months?
                                bro i fully agree with u but too bad GRC is here to stay cause PaP will not do away with this super huge advantage.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X