Election Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
    Fully agree with you on this Bro! I'd rather have experienced/credible people like George Yeo and Tan Jee Say as MP than some young, inexperienced wet behind the ears characters representing the needs of the people in parliament. That's why in many ways, the GRC system is flawed, especially when deserving candidates from all parties are denied seats in parliament.
    Just my tot . I find that this time round the WP is selfish to contest with George Yeo and cause s'pore as a whole to lose a good states man. There are other GRCs which they can & should go to. Both are good man which majority of people won't want to lose but there can only be one. So I guess they chose WP as there are no other Opp that is as good as him and the rest is history. I wonder how much tot is for self and how much is for s'pore as a whole. Just my tot

Comment

Hope this is a wake up call for PAP. They should know ppl's frustration and unhappiness. And choose the new candidates correctly. It's disappointing to remove some veterans and replace with some young ones or those top scholars. Hope they could learn from Oppositon to find some good calibres ppl who really know what commoners want and listen to them. Stop all those lousy policies and come out with more realistic and correct plans. Remove GRC to bring in good talented candidates with real elections. Stop those candidates to come in with the help of someone.

It's a pity that Chiam lost coz the one who let go Mas should be punished. It's so obvious that mistakes by someone can just simply be ignored. We were taught to admit mistakes and say sorry immediately. Not till elections then admit sorry. What's the point? And hope HDB could really be affordable for all Singaporeans.

Comment

Why most of us say G. Yeo is good? What happen if he is the minister for ND or Transport? No one tell whether he will keep HDB flats price affordable Or prevent transport fares from going up. Izit because he is the foreign minister and in charge a ministry tat implement policies tat dun concern us... And every one felt bad for him when he lost in GE 2011? Will u feel bad for MBT(housing), VB(YOG), RL(transport) if they lost? Yes or no?
        劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Dvisor View Post
          Why most of us say G. Yeo is good? What happen if he is the minister for ND or Transport? No one tell whether he will keep HDB flats price affordable Or prevent transport fares from going up. Izit because he is the foreign minister and in charge a ministry tat implement policies tat dun concern us... And every one felt bad for him when he lost in GE 2011? Will u feel bad for MBT(housing), VB(YOG), RL(transport) if they lost? Yes or no?
          "Will u feel bad for MBT(housing), VB(YOG), RL(transport) if they lost? Yes or no?" Not really, Yes, Not really.
          I believe foreign policies affect us. As a small red dot how do we maintain our pride and sovereignty against those bigger countries is important.

Comment

All a long, I'm a strong supporter of PAP...however, after seeing those young PAP members (go YouTube and see), it worries me! I'm not worried about PAP but worried for Singapore and we Singaporean. Can't PAP get people like Nicole Seah, just take a look at that Tin Pei Ling, I almost fainted! I hope for the next 5 years PAP will really do something and win back the support from the people of Singapore....

Comment

those people who joined PAP are different from the past now. most of them joined for the purpose of high paycheck and a stepping stone to go into high position in MNC.

i always feel that new candidate should always be in SMC. maybe those places that they helped as grassroot leader. the people will vote them if they really feel the person is the right one. not just tag along some high profile ministers and become elected MPs.

are they really grassroot leaders in the past for a long time or just couple of months?

Comment

I still feel if TPL vs NS in a SMC.....TPL will be flatly beaten. The problem of GRC cause TPL to be an MP while NS lose out.

Comment

Originally posted by larry88
                  And GY lose out also because of GRC. I guess it works both way!
                  Ha, I'd rather have GY and NS than TPL and FMH or that guy who did not serve NS. Shows us that the GRC system cuts both ways.
                  Sweet 16:
                  PP Aquanaut
                  VC Overseas
                  AP ROO Black Themes
                  A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                  Breguet Type XXI
                  Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                  JLC Navy Seals
                  GO Senator 60s
                  GP Laureato
                  Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                  Rolex DSSD
                  IWC Big Pilot
                  Pam 112
                  Omega Ploprof
                  Breitling Super Avenger
                  Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                    Just my tot . I find that this time round the WP is selfish to contest with George Yeo and cause s'pore as a whole to lose a good states man. There are other GRCs which they can & should go to. Both are good man which majority of people won't want to lose but there can only be one. So I guess they chose WP as there are no other Opp that is as good as him and the rest is history. I wonder how much tot is for self and how much is for s'pore as a whole. Just my tot
                    I think some will beg to differ slightly, it is precisely that WP cares for Singapore as a whole and need to have a more balanced representation that they decided to rally together and contest in a GRC. Poor GY was just collateral damage, can't really blame the WP. Besides, it was MM who challenged them to contest in a GRC. And they took it.
                    Sweet 16:
                    PP Aquanaut
                    VC Overseas
                    AP ROO Black Themes
                    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                    Breguet Type XXI
                    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                    JLC Navy Seals
                    GO Senator 60s
                    GP Laureato
                    Rolex DSSD
                    IWC Big Pilot
                    Pam 112
                    Omega Ploprof
                    Breitling Super Avenger
                    Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
                      All a long, I'm a strong supporter of PAP...however, after seeing those young PAP members (go YouTube and see), it worries me! I'm not worried about PAP but worried for Singapore and we Singaporean. Can't PAP get people like Nicole Seah, just take a look at that Tin Pei Ling, I almost fainted! I hope for the next 5 years PAP will really do something and win back the support from the people of Singapore....
                      "I dun know what to say lah!!! " (stamping her feet) - omg!!! this A-team.....zzzzzzzz
                      without GRC, she's damn....there goes 15K for her branded bags subsidies

Comment

Hello....everyone.

I 'think' as 2016 approaches.....they will pull a fast 'Lighting Strike' one on all of us again lah.Just before the 'grande' polls starts.
                        Just like I heard the GST% thingy...which will now 'holds' at the moment.When is it going up?Nobody knows?I personally don't think it's comin' down.
                        'Lighting Strike' with always a 'Lighting Strikes' is all about pulling a fast one culture...

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                          I think some will beg to differ slightly, it is precisely that WP cares for Singapore as a whole and need to have a more balanced representation that they decided to rally together and contest in a GRC. Poor GY was just collateral damage, can't really blame the WP. Besides, it was MM who challenged them to contest in a GRC. And they took it.
                          I'm have no doubt about their goodness and their work among the community, the amount of support they have proven that. I just curious how they decide which GRC to chose to contest.

Comment

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                            I'm have no doubt about their goodness and their work among the community, the amount of support they have proven that. I just curious how they decide which GRC to chose to contest.
                            Hmmm...probably the GRC that will most likely support them to maximize their chances...
                            Sweet 16:
                            PP Aquanaut
                            VC Overseas
                            AP ROO Black Themes
                            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                            Breguet Type XXI
                            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                            JLC Navy Seals
                            GO Senator 60s
                            GP Laureato
                            Rolex DSSD
                            IWC Big Pilot
                            Pam 112
                            Omega Ploprof
                            Breitling Super Avenger
                            Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by chetm View Post
                              "I dun know what to say lah!!! " (stamping her feet) - omg!!! this A-team.....zzzzzzzz
                              Hopefully she will order Katespade from me?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by chetm View Post
                                Another Best PAP candidate CCS former army chief......speaking like a small little boy, OMG!!!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X