Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    i got some questions for TS.

first, the url link you post, the company is it a AD or gray market dealer or pre-own shop?

if it is AD, then i say ok. not too bad. if it is otherwise, how can you be sure that all the parts inside are genuine rolex?

say you save 800. but if u buy the watch and come back and send to RSC for authentication and it is not genuine rolex, then ur savings is not 800.

what i mean by not genuine rolex is that, you have to understand that all parts are indeed genuine. but it is not for that particular model then it is tough luck mate.
    I don't think Bic Camera would sell fake or pre-owned Rolexes. If you are unfamiliar with the name, Bic Camera is a huge electronics megachain with branches all over Japan. Imagine the fallout to their reputation if they are caught selling fake luxury goods.

Anyway, reputable luxury watch dealers (eg. Jack Road) sell the 14060M for around the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by CountTimer View Post
      I don't think Bic Camera would sell fake or pre-owned Rolexes. If you are unfamiliar with the name, Bic Camera is a huge electronics megachain with branches all over Japan. Imagine the fallout to their reputation if they are caught selling fake luxury goods.

Anyway, reputable luxury watch dealers (eg. Jack Road) sell the 14060M for around the same price.
      will it be cheaper if get together?

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
        I don't think you get tax rebute at shops like Jack Road, 909, etc. Maybe the boutiques can thought.
        Jack Road does have tax rebate...

Comment

Hi all, nice to meet you guys.

Newbie asking for advice here. I will be going to Tokyo soon and from the prices I seen in the Japanese websites, the prices of a Submariner ND is considerably cheaper in Japan.

Example: http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/...=2096269448040

Less off the 5% tax refund and 5% from paying using the China Unionpay / Manhattan Card. It will be about 367,200 yen which is around S$5,715.

I understand that most ADs in Singapore are not giving discounts for sports models and prices are more or less fixed. Is there anywhere where prices will be cheaper for a BNIB Sub ND?

Prices aside, are there any dangers that I should look out for when buying a Rolex there. I understand that most shops like Bic Camera / Yodobashi / Jack Road are not Japan ADs. Will they be able to provide the worldwide warranty card?
          If I read the site correctly, this sub ND is for sale over the net only to enjoy the discount and thus, you need a local address for BIC to mail to.

Retail chains like BIC, Yodobashi and Sakura are not ADs and so their stocks need not necessarily be meant for the Japan market. And if you do buy a Japan stock, you will need to mail in your request for the warranty to be mailed back to you. IIRC, they don't mail overseas.

Jack Road is a reseller, dealing in vintage to second hand watches but do carry BNIB, but from stocks all over the world. There are many, like Komehyo and I've seen Indonesian code on the warranty cards of BNIB Rolexes. Department stores in Japan are official ADs but you only get back the taxes as they do not give discounts.

Tax refunds is capped at about 4.78%, not the full 5%, admin charges eats in.

You need to do your homework. Duel Montres is giving a better price than BIC http://duel-montres.com/newfiles/rol...ex_sports.html and Rodeo Drive http://www.rodeodrive.co.jp/shop/goo...oods=N14060MBK and it comes with international warranty which means it wasn't meant for the Japan market.

Comment

Hmm..I do get full 5% tax rebate from JR.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I have bought the 14060M in Bic Camera Namba. The discount I received is 5% tax rebate + 5% more for paying with a China Unionpay card. The price is about 367,000 yen and I got a polishing cloth (pretty useless haha).

The warranty can be mailed to a international address but since I will be working in Tokyo, I requested for them to send to my Japanese address later on.

WSSS: How did you calculate the 4.78%? In all my purchases, the tax rebate has been a straightforward 5% off the retail price.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I have bought the 14060M in Bic Camera Namba. The discount I received is 5% tax rebate + 5% more for paying with a China Unionpay card. The price is about 367,000 yen and I got a polishing cloth (pretty useless haha).

The warranty can be mailed to a international address but since I will be working in Tokyo, I requested for them to send to my Japanese address later on.

WSSS: How did you calculate the 4.78%? In all my purchases, the tax rebate has been a straightforward 5% off the retail price.
                1 query: does China Unionpay card gives cash rebate? If yes, buy in Singapore also has 5% cash rebate? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex138 View Post
                  1 query: does China Unionpay card gives cash rebate? If yes, buy in Singapore also has 5% cash rebate? Thanks.
                  There is an additional 5% discount off the retail price if you pay using the China Unionpay in Bic and Yodobashi. Trying to attract more Chinese tourists I guess.

Not available in Singapore.

Comment

Hi. Any idea hw much is t ss daytona black at japan?

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I remembered getting less than 5% tax refund from one of my purchases. Maybe I was charged a admin fee that I wasn't aware of. But you are right on the full 5%, my apologies on that. I just did a check on my recent receipts.

Looks like you will get lots of PM and requests for good deals in Japan from many here since you let on you will be working in Japan for a while.

Have a good time there.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvin73 View Post
                        Hmm..I do get full 5% tax rebate from JR.
                        How's your experience at Jackroad?

Was there a couple years back and prices were really much better, kinda regretted not buying as I thought HKG might be better. But even with weak HKD and strong JPY, Jackroad seems slightly better.

Next time I go to Tokyo, will definitely pick up 1 or 2 pcs.

Comment

Will Rolex worldwide honour the warranty if you buy the watch from biccamera/yodobashi etc?

Comment

Originally posted by funkyr View Post
                            Will Rolex worldwide honour the warranty if you buy the watch from biccamera/yodobashi etc?
                            What does "International Warranty" mean to you?
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                              If I read the site correctly, this sub ND is for sale over the net only to enjoy the discount and thus, you need a local address for BIC to mail to.

Retail chains like BIC, Yodobashi and Sakura are not ADs and so their stocks need not necessarily be meant for the Japan market. And if you do buy a Japan stock, you will need to mail in your request for the warranty to be mailed back to you. IIRC, they don't mail overseas.

Jack Road is a reseller, dealing in vintage to second hand watches but do carry BNIB, but from stocks all over the world. There are many, like Komehyo and I've seen Indonesian code on the warranty cards of BNIB Rolexes. Department stores in Japan are official ADs but you only get back the taxes as they do not give discounts.

Tax refunds is capped at about 4.78%, not the full 5%, admin charges eats in.

You need to do your homework. Duel Montres is giving a better price than BIC http://duel-montres.com/newfiles/rol...ex_sports.html and Rodeo Drive http://www.rodeodrive.co.jp/shop/goo...oods=N14060MBK and it comes with international warranty which means it wasn't meant for the Japan market.
                              wow the prices at Duel Montres and Rodeo Drive are really good..! Pardon my lack of knowledge (and japanese).. are the watches brand new? Are the shops reliable? thanks!

Comment

anyone brothers here know of any shops in Osaka?

will be going there next month.

thanks in advance

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X