Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex in Japan

Hi all, nice to meet you guys.

Newbie asking for advice here. I will be going to Tokyo soon and from the prices I seen in the Japanese websites, the prices of a Submariner ND is considerably cheaper in Japan.

Example: http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/...=2096269448040

Less off the 5% tax refund and 5% from paying using the China Unionpay / Manhattan Card. It will be about 367,200 yen which is around S$5,715.

I understand that most ADs in Singapore are not giving discounts for sports models and prices are more or less fixed. Is there anywhere where prices will be cheaper for a BNIB Sub ND?

Prices aside, are there any dangers that I should look out for when buying a Rolex there. I understand that most shops like Bic Camera / Yodobashi / Jack Road are not Japan ADs. Will they be able to provide the worldwide warranty card?

I believe ADs in Singapore do offer a 10-15% discount for Sub ND (14060M). Stocks are also readily available. I seen one in almost every shop I been into.

Comment

I checked Rolex ADs in both Singapore and Malaysia,

Sub ND --> 10 - 15% off (most cases, stock readily available)
      Sub date --> no discount

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
        I checked Rolex ADs in both Singapore and Malaysia,

Sub ND --> 10 - 15% off (most cases, stock readily available)
        Sub date --> no discount

Hope this helps.
        That is still $6500 His Japan is cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
          That is still $6500 His Japan is cheaper
          The Sub Date is around 493,200 yen (S$7,398) after accounting for the 10% rebate in Japan. This amounts to a S$800 difference (assuming no discount at all) which is quite a significant amount.

And this is with the very strong yen right now. Imagine the savings when getting a Rolex in Japan during the beginning of 2008.

Anyway I digress. Anyone had experience shopping in Tokyo for high end watches? I suppose that the larger outlets like Yodobashi / Bic Camera should be safe?

Comment

I don't think you get tax rebute at shops like Jack Road, 909, etc. Maybe the boutiques can thought.

Comment

Local S'pore AD set @ S$ 5,950 if you're keen. Cheers, a

Comment

U buying 14060M as expecting it 2 be discontinued?

My thinking is unlikely being ROLEX does not have a new calibre for NO DATE engine with blu-parachem spring and para-anti-shock.

So how to come out with a CERAMIC ND SUB

I only know the current 14060M calibre 3130 is used by EXplorer as well.

DJ2, TT SUB now I beleive r using the same calibre with DATE with blu-parachem spring and para-anti-shock... 3136? hehehe

Comment

My thinking is unlikely being ROLEX does not have a new calibre for NO DATE engine with blu-parachem spring and para-anti-shock.

DJ2, TT SUB now I beleive r using the same calibre with DATE with blu-parachem spring and para-anti-shock... 3136? hehehe

May be Rolex would take 14060M off production totally, instead of just an upgrade of the current version.

Comment

Is this post directed at me?

If it is, my choice of the 14060M is purely aesthetic. I don't like the cyclops and I prefer the cleaner looks of the Sub ND's dial. Resale value wise, I am not too worried since I buy watches which I meant to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by CountTimer View Post
                      Is this post directed at me?

If it is, my choice of the 14060M is purely aesthetic. I don't like the cyclops and I prefer the cleaner looks of the Sub ND's dial. Resale value wise, I am not too worried since I buy watches which I meant to keep.
                      At least you don't have to worry about adjusting the date. No cyclops is good though.
                      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by Mell View Post
                        May be Rolex would take 14060M off production totally, instead of just an upgrade of the current version.
                        I think they will re-use the CALIBRE in current Migauss line for the new SUB ND and EXPLROER 1
                        Blu-paarcheom spring

So these 2 pieces CAN be discointinued... hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by CountTimer View Post
                          Hi all, nice to meet you guys.

Newbie asking for advice here. I will be going to Tokyo soon and from the prices I seen in the Japanese websites, the prices of a Submariner ND is considerably cheaper in Japan.

Example: http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/...=2096269448040

Less off the 5% tax refund and 5% from paying using the China Unionpay / Manhattan Card. It will be about 367,200 yen which is around S$5,715.

I understand that most ADs in Singapore are not giving discounts for sports models and prices are more or less fixed. Is there anywhere where prices will be cheaper for a BNIB Sub ND?

Prices aside, are there any dangers that I should look out for when buying a Rolex there. I understand that most shops like Bic Camera / Yodobashi / Jack Road are not Japan ADs. Will they be able to provide the worldwide warranty card?
                          How can it be cheaper when yen is so strong now?

Comment

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
                            How can it be cheaper when yen is so strong now?
                            I think you can look at the weblink I posted at my first post and then see my calculations. I think you will agree that it is very possible to get a cheaper Sub ND in Japan.

Comment

i got some questions for TS.

first, the url link you post, the company is it a AD or gray market dealer or pre-own shop?

if it is AD, then i say ok. not too bad. if it is otherwise, how can you be sure that all the parts inside are genuine rolex?

say you save 800. but if u buy the watch and come back and send to RSC for authentication and it is not genuine rolex, then ur savings is not 800.

what i mean by not genuine rolex is that, you have to understand that all parts are indeed genuine. but it is not for that particular model then it is tough luck mate.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X