Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does the lack of papers affect selling price ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ta da !!

Comment

Sweeee ah

Somehow I stare at the Daytona so long...still never caught my eye..hahaha

Guess I am more of the classy look guy

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Very nice and rare zenith daytona. Price of this piece will appreciate in future.
        Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
        Rolex LV submariner
        Rolex TT black submariner
        Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
        Rolex Non date submariner
        Rolex Explorer2
        More...

Comment

Good Choice!

Originally posted by absolutgary View Post

ta da !!
          very nice.

Comment

thank u bro .. i loving it too =)

Comment

Nice watch, Bro what's the damaged? Why didn't you consider the In-house movt?

No cert is ok, so long it is genuine and original.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
              SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
              SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
              SS SD,
              SS YM,
              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

nice late zenith wif luminova dial. very collectible.

In general, the older the watch (and the more desirable), the more valuable the paper. The warranty provides provenance as to the origin and the period of the age.

In ur case, the paper might be worth 2 to 3 k.

Comment

The fact that you are asking this question shows

Ok guys . Need a little help here . Say i was offered the same watch .. Condition wise but .. One is with papers and the other without .. its a 2004/2005 model and both no more warranty. So whats a reasonable difference, more like what's the norm ? 200 to 300 ? thanks for any help rendered
                  ...that papers matter to some people. In my view, it's not just about warranty. I know of many collectors who want the papers for completeness even if the warranty has expired. I also know of others who do not mind watches without papers.

I personally would only buy watches with papers.

Price difference between a recently produced watch that has papers and one without is about SGD 500. For vintage ones - can be as high as SGD 1000. For the zenith daytona, I have seen price difference of about SGD 3000.

You need to ask yourself if you are likely to sell the watch in the future. If you are, many buyers will ask the same question when they look at your watch, unless of course you are selling it at a huge discount.

Comment

depend on the buyer and their value they put on papers. some cases the lack of papers is marginal, but in some case as clearly mentioned above, the difference can be big.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

If the paper going for $8k in future I will say just sell me the watch and discount the price by $8k. I rather have a stack of $8k in my pocket.
                      Rolex LV submariner
                      Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                      Rolex Explorer2
                      More...

Comment

Unfortunately, that's not how it works

Originally posted by teo View Post
                        If the paper going for $8k in future I will say just sell me the watch and discount the price by $8k. I rather have a stack of $8k in my pocket.

Today, the gap between a Zenith Daytona with paper and one without is about SGD 3k-5k. In 10-15 years, the gap will widen a lot, much more than by SGD 8k. Just look at the 1655. One without paper may go for about SGD 23,000. One with paper, can be as high as SGD 35,000. You can't chase back the $ that you missed by making a wrong decision 10-15 years earlier.

btw, why would someone sell you the watch at a huge discount and keep the paper, when he/she can sell it for much much more as a complete set? .......

Comment

Right.. the papers went mia on him .. I reckoned i got a pretty good price from the seller Anyhoo i totally get your point bro reborn but then taking again the example of the 1655 .. i'm pretty sure that even without papers, the seller would have made a good return on his "investment" not to mention the pleasure of being able to wear the watch ? So i reckon should i decide to sell the watch say 10 yrs from now, i should be able to get a healthy return on this watch, i had the luck of procuring plus not to mention all the envious looks i get from people .. its a daytona after all .. why i didnt get the new in house movement ? I guess its how collectable and hyped the zenith movements daytonas are .. I guess i still have time to grab a 4130 movement after this piece .. Maybe a white dial one next if the price is right

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                            Today, the gap between a Zenith Daytona with paper and one without is about SGD 3k-5k. In 10-15 years, the gap will widen a lot, much more than by SGD 8k. Just look at the 1655. One without paper may go for about SGD 23,000. One with paper, can be as high as SGD 35,000. You can't chase back the $ that you missed by making a wrong decision 10-15 years earlier.

btw, why would someone sell you the watch at a huge discount and keep the paper, when he/she can sell it for much much more as a complete set? .......
                            For me I rather get another rolex with that kind of money.
                            Rolex LV submariner
                            Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                            Rolex Explorer2
                            More...

Comment

Right.. the papers went mia on him .. I reckoned i got a pretty good price from the seller Anyhoo i totally get your point bro reborn but then taking again the example of the 1655 .. i'm pretty sure that even without papers, the seller would have made a good return on his "investment" not to mention the pleasure of being able to wear the watch ? So i reckon should i decide to sell the watch say 10 yrs from now, i should be able to get a healthy return on this watch, i had the luck of procuring plus not to mention all the envious looks i get from people .. its a daytona after all .. why i didnt get the new in house movement ? I guess its how collectable and hyped the zenith movements daytonas are .. I guess i still have time to grab a 4130 movement after this piece .. Maybe a white dial one next if the price is right
                              Well say bro. Congrats again.
                              Rolex LV submariner
                              Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                              Rolex Explorer2
                              More...

Comment

To each his own

Originally posted by teo View Post
                                For me I rather get another rolex with that kind of money.
                                Most important thing is to enjoy the watch, paper or no paper.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X