Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does the lack of papers affect selling price ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does the lack of papers affect selling price ?

Ok guys . Need a little help here . Say i was offered the same watch .. Condition wise but .. One is with papers and the other without .. its a 2004/2005 model and both no more warranty. So whats a reasonable difference, more like what's the norm ? 200 to 300 ? thanks for any help rendered

Yes it does affect...ONLY IF warrenty is still valid. But in this case...nah it doesn't well the difference usually is nothing at all.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

=) So if the shop offered me a few hundred bucks off i should take it ? ^^

Comment

ask yourself this question: will u be flipping it in the future? from my personal experience, at least 300 & above.
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

might flip .. find it abit too bling in an uncle kinda way ^^ thanks .. thts wht i though also ... 300 sounds reasonable

Comment

No difference to me...

if you plan to wear the watch, no difference to me since no more warranty...
            if you plan to display the watch in a museum, paper & box will be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by absolutgary View Post
              might flip .. find it abit too bling in an uncle kinda way ^^ thanks .. thts wht i though also ... 300 sounds reasonable
              No seriously...no diff at all once warrenty over.

Anyway which piece u want to get? TT DJ?

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              No difference to me...

if you plan to wear the watch, no difference to me since no more warranty...
              if you plan to display the watch in a museum, paper & box will be nice...
              Agreed

Comment

If you plan to sell in the future

Ok guys . Need a little help here . Say i was offered the same watch .. Condition wise but .. One is with papers and the other without .. its a 2004/2005 model and both no more warranty. So whats a reasonable difference, more like what's the norm ? 200 to 300 ? thanks for any help rendered
                Quite important ! And warranty validity is not the issue here, because many who want the papers see it as helping to complete the package. So whether papers are valid or not is not the key issue here. This is generally the sentiments of collectors all over the world. You can ask the same question on timezone to get a broader response.

I would say around SGD 500 apart. Personally I would not buy any modern rolex without papers. But that's just me.

Even if you do not think you will sell in the future, still better to have that piece of paper just in case.
                Last edited by Reborn; 09-10-08, 10:41 PM.

Comment

This thread explains:

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=6376
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                    Quite important ! And warranty validity is not the issue here, because many who want the papers see it as helping to complete the package. So whether papers are valid or not is not the key issue here. This is generally the sentiments of collectors all over the world. You can ask the same question on timezone to get a broader response.

I would say around SGD 500 apart. Personally I would not buy any modern rolex without papers. But that's just me.

Even if you do not think you will sell in the future, still better to have that piece of paper just in case.
                    Ok..let's hold it. And not make him blur...

First I want him to answer my $1,000,000 question...what watch you intend to get?

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Nah...only reason for the price diff is that..it's a M series..and M series means within warrenty period. That explains the lower price

Comment

Ok this is personal preference,there are some collectors who die die want full set that means warrenty is a must. But that's just an "extra" because it's not valid already.

Realistically speaking...it's of no use even if it's inside IN THIS CASE. So it's up to you.

Comment

Fair enough, I think you have addressed the key question

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        Ok..let's hold it. And not make him blur...

First I want him to answer my $1,000,000 question...what watch you intend to get?

Nah...only reason for the price diff is that..it's a M series..and M series means within warrenty period. That explains the lower price

I was speaking broadly.

Comment

i think i will make up my mind soon .. and when i get it .. will post pics soon =)

Comment

my take is this:
                            if you intend to keep, shouldnt matter if you dont mind.
                            if you intend to sell in future, papers is nice, it gives an element of "completeness"

for me, at the end of the day, i still want everything to be complete, and as such, i will always prefer papers over those without papers.
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Waiting... waiting....

i think i will make up my mind soon .. and when i get it .. will post pics soon =)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X