X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teebengchong
    replied
    hi everyone,
    wanting to get the wife a Rolex watch. our budget is around SGD7k. we looked around and kinda eyeing 179160 of RP SGD7840 (at Vivo) with 10% discount off. Watch Arena (Balestier) quoted 20% off (cash). any advice/experience (buying from Watch Arena) etc is appreciated. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Driver2233
    replied
    Any body bought any watches from Png Watch Dealers? Used to be located at Beach Road and recently moved to Selegie?

Leave a comment:

• icdst
    replied
    Hi all,
    I am looking at buying my first Rolex. Don't know anything about it. And as I read through the threads, get really confused. I have recently seen an advertisement showing a model with light blue face, and steel strap. This one looks nice, I was wondering how much it might cost. I am looking at a most basic Rolex model. Can anyone help please? Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• arielle08
    replied
    Hi Rockdaman,
    Can recommend your AD to me?
    I am looking for a datejust, the one with 12 diamond on the surface.
    Dunno what its called.
    Hoping to get one from a AD which can give good discount.
    I am willing to pay cash.
    Thanks so much.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    guaranteed appreciation. yes. of course. my explorer II bought 20 years ago cost 3k. now i can sell for about 4.5k. but if you factor in the inflation rate. i can guarantee you that the increased in value has been eroded.

Originally posted by microseconds View Post
    Hi rolex collectors,
    But is there such thing as guaranteed appreciation?
    Such as a prestige Mercedes or sports car that will appreciate in value over time?

Leave a comment:

• microseconds
    replied
    Hi rolex collectors,
    I have been reading through this thread and learned quite a fair bit about the brand
    but I still have a question to ask hope this is not too brunt.
    I know that for preowned watch, the price will depreciate as the years passed.
    Depending on the demand and condition, this will determine how amount of depreciation.
    But is there such a thing as a watch that will appreciate as time passed?
    I know this may subject to market demand and the production numbers.
    But is there such thing as gauranteered appreciation?
    Such as a prestige mercedees or sports car that will appreciate in value over time?

Leave a comment:

• migzcan
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    i have noticed that every once in awhile, someone will post questions such as

which rolex model should i buy? which has got better investment value?

if you can answer some of these questions, then you may have the answer

1) buying for who?
    2) to please oneself?
    3) is investment value an important factor? if yes, then just buy the daytona.

which model should i buy. you need to ask yourself why you want to buy a particular model. is it for investment purpose?

if it is not for investment purpose, then you need to ask urself, you buying this watch to please yourself? to show to others aka please someone else.

if it is to please someone else, then just anyhow buy a model can already.

if you asking which rolex has investment value? currently, the daytona tops the list. other models are depending on demand and supply. also dependent on other factors such as if a movie star was wearing that model.

how about other models such as a discontinued 16710? if there is demand and supply is low, then selling and buying price will be high. how about the new 116710? currently it is selling above premium price because supply is lower than demand. so now, it seems like a good investment value. however, when supply increase, price will be lowered. hence investment value drops.
    Congratulations! Well said...

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    love the bezel.... very unique!

Leave a comment:

• bambam328
    replied
    Originally posted by limkun24 View Post
    Dear peeps,

I just registered to this forum for only one reason. I am intending to propose to my gf with a watch instead of a convection ring, as this engagement gift would be timeless for her. As such, i have no idea where to start off with. We happened to pass by the Raffles City Rolex shop and one rolex caught her eye, the dial instead of numbers are flowers on it. I would like to check the prices at the boutique are fixed or able to get some discount?

Secondly, how is rolex comparable to the other brands in the market, i know rolex has been in the mkt for quite a while. Saying that, i only set aside 8-10k for an engagement watch for her, are there any other "flower" patterned rolex in the market.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
    Just got the floral face with diamond bazel and pink gold, list price before the 1 Jul price hike was $14896 and after 1 Jul, $15680.

Leave a comment:

• rockdaman
    replied
    Originally posted by hanz079 View Post
    My wife loves the flower patterned rolex too... I have no idea how much that cost. Maybe someone here can help.
    Luckily my wife preferred the no diamond version.
    Unfortunately, I have yet to be able to afford one yet... or rather, I would only get one for her once I got one for myself!! lol
    As for myself, I am drooling over a black dialed exp2 16570 and hope to own it one day.
    I know exp2 is not everyones cup of tea but so far it's the only rolex that sings to me...
    for datejust i think will be max 15% from AD. my wife also aim the datejust brown face flower diamond marker with oyster bracelet. the last round was 19k and i have seen pre-owned around 16k.

Leave a comment:

• hanz079
    replied
    Originally posted by limkun24 View Post
    Dear peeps,

I just registered to this forum for only one reason. I am intending to propose to my gf with a watch instead of a convection ring, as this engagement gift would be timeless for her. As such, i have no idea where to start off with. We happened to pass by the Raffles City Rolex shop and one rolex caught her eye, the dial instead of numbers are flowers on it. I would like to check the prices at the boutique are fixed or able to get some discount?

Secondly, how is rolex comparable to the other brands in the market, i know rolex has been in the mkt for quite a while. Saying that, i only set aside 8-10k for an engagement watch for her, are there any other "flower" patterned rolex in the market.

My wife loves the flower patterned rolex too... I have no idea how much that cost. Maybe someone here can help.
    Luckily my wife preferred the no diamond version.
    Unfortunately, I have yet to be able to afford one yet... or rather, I would only get one for her once I got one for myself!! lol
    As for myself, I am drooling over a black dialed exp2 16570 and hope to own it one day.
    I know exp2 is not everyones cup of tea but so far it's the only rolex that sings to me...

Leave a comment:

• limkun24
    replied
    Dear peeps,

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    just to share with you.

there was SS daytona selling for under 17K(quoted by AD) for a BNIB piece. in sg-roc probably is cheaper by 2k quoted by AD.

SS models are generally more in demand compared to TT/RG/YG models. as such the SS models are sold @ above list.

up to G series, it is possible to tell a rolex roughly when it was produced. however, with the new alphanumeric series. there is no way currently to tell which year production.

discount is not solely based on year of production. condition of watch. availability of box and papers need to be factor in as well. there is no clear cut discount structure you can factor in.

also you looking @ which model? SS/TT/RG/YG?

G - most current other than alphanumeric series followed by V M Z and so on.

check out the Rolex Coinceirge Service. there are few stickies threads on it. alternatively, use the search function to find out more.

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Woah! That's quite a lot of questions. You may start by 'googling' for relevant information on the Internet for some of the queries. Try "oysterworld" and/or "oysterinfo". As for why precious metals (gold & others) on certain watches come with better discounts than stainless steel models, well, it is on a simple logic of demand.

Leave a comment:

• Soxcotton
    replied
    Thanks so much for d valuable advice!
    anyway, think I've found d watch.......
    Today went to window shop @ Sincere vivo and got him to try d 40mm Daytona black dial with numbers n Yellow gold bezel and half yellow gold bracelet and i think it looks great! Althou its gold but not as bling as d datejust. But d price after discount was $19k+!!!
    D sales guy was saying daytona black dial with stainless steel would command a premium and price would be abt $17k+.
    Juz curious, y would stainless steel be at premium and yellow gold be discounted?

There this 2nd hand shop at harboufront n saw a daytona black dial stainless steel for $14k+.
    Saw couple of Daytona stainless steel back dial for sale in d garage, d price is pretty tempting,$13k+ N surprising some with diamond markers r also same price with d normal numbers,....hmm, y?

Think I may have to look into 2nd hand market Liao.....
    Daytona have those different series to mark d year of manufacturing and so, what's d reasonable discount to factor in?
    How do I tell if d watch is a newer series?
    How do i know if d previous owner have polished d watch b4?
    Any reliable 2nd hand dealer to recommend? Getting from 2nd hand dealer prcoedure is it pay 1st n then bring to RSC for verification?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X