X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axela2012
    replied
    Greeting,

There are currently 2 models which I have difficulty to make up my mine to purchase. Can anyone give suggestion?

The 2 models are:

116261 (36mm, Black dial TT rose gold) ~11k
    116333 (41mm, Green numerical TT yellow gold)~13k

In term of $$$, definely 116261 will be better but which model has more value? I heard from lots of AD that 116261 is an old model and not popular. That is why many AD don't carry them until I manage to locate one today.

Thx

Leave a comment:

• angsu
    replied
    No worries at all..we are all watch lovers. Sometimes I over indulge, forgetting my pocket is not that deep...hehe. I love too many watches, that's my problem.

Originally posted by Throttle View Post
    you're right.

i didnt word my post too well
    yours is very much better.
    thanks

i think my key message is dont just buy the one that people say you should buy.

Leave a comment:

• Throttle
    replied
    Originally posted by angsu View Post
    I personally think its ok to ask for opinions and listen to different views when purchasing a watch. However, at the end of the day the final decision is still yours to make. Sometimes, others have interesting opinions that may intrigue or even help make your decision easier especially when you are torn between 2 very nice watches....its a little subjective here, so for me anyone who has a review on a particular watch is most welcomed. Cheerio!
    you're right.

i didnt word my post too well
    yours is very much better.
    thanks

i think my key message is dont just buy the one that people say you should buy.

Leave a comment:

• angsu
    replied
    I personally think its ok to ask for opinions and listen to different views when purchasing a watch. However, at the end of the day the final decision is still yours to make. Sometimes, others have interesting opinions that may intrigue or even help make your decision easier especially when you are torn between 2 very nice watches....its a little subjective here, so for me anyone who has a review on a particular watch is most welcomed. Cheerio!

eeeks, dont like.

50th ann Sub is better.

hoho

so what does this prove?
    that when it comes to buying a watch, dont ask for opinions becos everyone has a different one.
    buy the one that you like. not the one that your freinds like.

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    so what does this prove?
    that when it comes to buying a watch, dont ask for opinions becos everyone has a different one.
    x2. end of the day, its your money, your wrist, and you are stuck with the watch once you have bought it. just go with what you like.

Leave a comment:

• Throttle
    replied
    Originally posted by angsu View Post
    Saw a friend of mine this morning wearing his new SUB aka the 'green hulk'. Looks really good on his wrist, the green was subtle and mellow...I had the impression it would be too green but it wasn't. To those who have second thoughts about this watch, I recommend you go for it, it's really nice.
    eeeks, dont like.

50th ann Sub is better.

hoho

so what does this prove?

Leave a comment:

• angsu
    replied
    Saw a friend of mine this morning wearing his new SUB aka the 'green hulk'. Looks really good on his wrist, the green was subtle and mellow...I had the impression it would be too green but it wasn't. To those who have second thoughts about this watch, I recommend you go for it, it's really nice.

Leave a comment:

• Rolex01
    replied
    As far as Rolex watches is concern, it will definitely hold its value. We buy watch for wearing for good health and not for the sake of investment. There are better options out there for investments, e.g stock market, property.

Choose and buy one that you like and suits character, wear it and feel good about it. Don't worry too much about its monetary value.
    The watch will bring character and sentimental values over time.

Leave a comment:

• Throttle
    replied
    Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
    Further to Bro Throttle's reply, for Rolex I am more interested in Day-Date, Daytona and Submariner which are both iconic and has long history as well. These are only my 5€ view.
    Yes, Sama sama, mate

Leave a comment:

• zidaneong
    replied
    cool, on which rolex to get, my take is this.

dont go plain for value management. buy the rolex that most suit what you wear it for.
    a watch to me should be on the wrist not in the drawer unless you are some watch trader/dealer/investor.

models which "hold" value tend to be those which are "overpriced" due to demand.
    and those that are not "overpriced" are those that are not so in demand.
    therefore it evens out at the end of the day.

also dont just buy the trend.
    lead one in your own right, it's always more fulfilling.

when in doubt, the most basic utilitarian model is usually the wisest choice to begin becos it's usually the one with the longest history.
    Further to Bro Throttle's reply, for Rolex I am more interested in Day-Date, Daytona and Submariner which are both iconic and has long history as well. These are only my 5€ view.

Leave a comment:

• Throttle
    replied
    cool, on which rolex to get, my take is this.

dont go plain for value management. buy the rolex that most suit what you wear it for.
    a watch to me should be on the wrist not in the drawer unless you are some watch trader/dealer/investor.

models which "hold" value tend to be those which are "overpriced" due to demand.
    and those that are not "overpriced" are those that are not so in demand.
    therefore it evens out at the end of the day.

also dont just buy the trend.
    lead one in your own right, it's always more fulfilling.

when in doubt, the most basic utilitarian model is usually the wisest choice to begin becos it's usually the one with the longest history.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    eh. please keep to thread title objectives. thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Throttle
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Because I want to look "damn saad"?

everyone wants to look daam saad. thats fine.
    just like everyone wants to be kiang too.
    but dont keh kiang. hah

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    one thing i cant understand is people wearing Rolex and thinking that they are damn saad (steady).
    i know i may offend some by saying this but it is my honest opinion and frequent observation.

i have seen many people wearing Rolex and acting damn haughty, thinking that it is the ultimate watch.
    kek one sayh, and try to flash the watch so apparantly.
    i cant understand why such behaviour. i guess it's a singaporean ratrace thing and becos a Rolex is almost instantly recognisable.

in fact it's probably this same reason why AP and Panerai are also so popular. becos they are instantly recognisable.

dont get me wrong i do like Rolex and it's the only brand i own in the last 15 yrs.
    but i like it Mostly becos the design is traditional backed by rich heritage.
    it is well engineered and it truly works / suits my rugged style.

why do you like Rolex?
    Because I want to look "damn saad"?

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by Axela2012 View Post
    Greeting,

Anyone know whether is there any credit card having discount when buying Rolex?

Thx
    No, not that I know of.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X