IWC Flieger Chronograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWC Flieger Chronograph

Hi guys, a simple question need comment and opinions. Should i restore this 13 yrs old watch which never being service before (no sentimental value)

Call up Richemont, overhaul $800 + polish $260 + parts $ ??? = might cost up to +-$1500. Is it worth to restore it or top up some money and get another watch ?

Many thanks

mate,

ask yourself why you wanna spend that money to service / restore it?
    - do you have intention to keep / continue wearing it?

or do you have a new love or eyeing a new watch? then might as well let it go and use the money to buy the new watch?

Comment

Originally posted by 1248614 View Post
      mate,

ask yourself why you wanna spend that money to service / restore it?
      - do you have intention to keep / continue wearing it?

or do you have a new love or eyeing a new watch? then might as well let it go and use the money to buy the new watch?
      Hi, so you mean is not worth to restore at that price? And if i wanna sell how much can i ask for? Anyone have any idea ?

Comment

Any Bro here can recommend me a 3rd party shop to service my watch?

Comment

check out the tips section
          There is a thread whereby alot of bros polish or service their rolex at cheaper price.

Comment

for a watch with chronograph and day-date complications, $800 for overhaul servicing at authorised service centre is still not a bad deal, imo...

as for polishing, either skip it altogether or get it polished elsewhere for a 1/3 of the quoted price...

Comment

Originally posted by Noriki View Post
              Any Bro here can recommend me a 3rd party shop to service my watch?
              Bro, you can check out JW Watches, prices are reasonable and service is good. But if you're eyeing another piece, might as well just sell it...
              Sweet 16:
              PP Aquanaut
              VC Overseas
              AP ROO Black Themes
              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
              Breguet Type XXI
              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
              JLC Navy Seals
              GO Senator 60s
              GP Laureato
              Zenith Pilot Extra Special
              Rolex DSSD
              IWC Big Pilot
              Pam 112
              Omega Ploprof
              Breitling Super Avenger
              Glycine F104

Comment

Thanks for all Bro advise, i think i will service it first before i consider to sell. Now i am thinking whether to go to JW or richemont for service and polish and if i go to JW for service i just wonder will they have the spare parts to change if needed?

Anyone have any idea how long it take to service the watch, 3-4 weeks? Can some Bro tell what is the reasonable price to sell for both seller and buyer.

Many thanks

Comment

Thanks for all Bros adv and offer, watch sent in for overhaul. See you guys in 12 weeks time.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X