Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMT Master II

Bro,

Just saw one GMT MASTER II,16710, abt 12yrs old asking 4.8k and a submariner 16610- P series, asking 5.5K and W series asking 5.1k

Any suggestions? Very headache now. GMT MASTER II is still my favourable, a 12 yrs old watch??? but ppl says Submariner got better value..

Both model suit my budget.

Needs professional advice.....

Troll

Gmt

Originally posted by Vknighthawke
    GMT2 GOT NO RESALE VALUE, get the SUB best is without pinhole, D series onwards .....
    Thanks Bro..

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Thanks Bro..
      No Problem, buddy sold off his Z series GMT2 at 5.5k only
      Last edited by Vknighthawke; 10-06-08, 12:56 AM.

Comment

... that may be, but what would you pay for a GMT II vs Sub?

I got a black bezel Z-series GMT-2 for $1.5k less than the sub of equiv age. Logically, it should re-sell for less too.

For me, I'm happy... it has a GMT function, and looks more interesting than sub... and for the price of about the Sub non-date.

The one that suffers more depreciation is the sea dweller. New it costs more than sub, but resale its the same as sub.

In my book, this makes SD and GMT2 better value than sub.... which is also more common.

Comment

Bro, ask yourself which do you like more. And get the one you like more. Forget about resale value and age if you don't intend to sell the watch
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
            Bro, ask yourself which do you like more. And get the one you like more.
            yeah if u dun like a particular model, very cheap oso no use cos buy liao wont be happy.....
            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

agreed...buying Rolex is a luxury thingy..... if want to go to extend of savinf money....resale etc....why buy in 1st place... a casio will do just fine.........

Comment

If u want to keep for a long time, then get something that you really like. Dun bother about wad resale or wad crap,as long as u like can ald.

But if u want it for investment,then consider something that is in demand and in gd condition too. =)

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

if u want a rolex with 2 time zone, there is no running away from the GMT Master II. People who travel often may need a watch that tells @ least 2 time zone. a submariner cannot tell u 2 time zone without rotating the bezel, however, a GMT Master II can do so without rotating the bezel. you can even use the GMT Master II to tell 3 different time zone.

you need to know the difference between want and need.

also submariner is having a higher resale value because there is a demand for it. any pre-own watch will tend to fetch a higher resale if there is demand for it.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    if u want a rolex with 2 time zone, there is no running away from the GMT Master II.
                    Bro, Exp II also can leh....

Actually IMHO, most (if not all) Rolex sports watches will not loss much value given the way Rolex increases its prices over the years.

But importantly you should buy the one you like. Go with your heart or your watch may go into the drawer.
                    Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
                      Bro, Exp II also can leh....

Actually IMHO, most (if not all) Rolex sports watches will not loss much value given the way Rolex increases its prices over the years.

But importantly you should buy the one you like. Go with your heart or your watch may go into the drawer.
                      yeah. i stand corrected.

very much agreed on go with personal preference
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        yeah. i stand corrected.

very much agreed on go with personal preference
                        Hi Bro,

Case closed liao.

Bought a GMT MASTER II, D series, w/paper,box yesterday's evening.

I think you are right, " Buy the thing that you like and not what ppl like"

ha..ha..ha..

Troll

Comment

Congratulations to your new purchase! Enjoy the watch.
                          Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
                            Congratulations to your new purchase! Enjoy the watch.
                            Woo, just came back from RSC, certified 100.1% genuine, but $75 poorer.

Guess what, the whole process only takes 20 mins....

Troll

Comment

Haha..

$75, 20min.....

but lifetime assurance tat ur watch is authentic ... Priceless..
                              A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X