Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I overwind my rolex?

Hi All,
    It may look like silly question. But is it possible?
    Will it spoilt my rolex if I keep winding??

Originally posted by rolexoi View Post
    Hi All,
    You will not over wind modern Rolex. There is a slip clutch to prevent over wind.
    Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
    Rolex LV submariner
    Rolex TT black submariner
    Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
    Rolex Non date submariner
    Rolex Explorer2
    More...

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
      You will not over wind modern Rolex. There is a slip clutch to prevent over wind.
      Good answer! Futhermore, I think Rolex advise owners to wind about 40turns for any Rolex.

Comment

first of all, is your rolex handwind or automatic?

if automatic, unlike to overwind. however, doing it too often may or may not result in damaging the 'slipping clutch'

if your rolex is a handwind model like 6694 or other vintage pieces, you need to be careful when winding.

Originally posted by rolexoi View Post
        Hi All,
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

as above. if overwind, the spring jumps and a visit to the doc is required.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Mine is sub M series.
            So shld be automatic rite?

Originally posted by triton View Post
            first of all, is your rolex handwind or automatic?

if automatic, unlike to overwind. however, doing it too often may or may not result in damaging the 'slipping clutch'

if your rolex is a handwind model like 6694 or other vintage pieces, you need to be careful when winding.

Comment

YES!
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by The One View Post
                Good answer! Futhermore, I think Rolex advise owners to wind about 40turns for any Rolex.
                agree. 40, no more, no less.
                Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                "Foreign affections"
                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                What's NEXT?

Comment

40 turns or not doesnt matter...... as long as the power reserve is enough and you can wear to top up it is ok
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

By Right, recommended by Rolex to turn 40turns. Of course, by left any thing also can as long the sec hand moves. Hahahaha....

Comment

Err.. Wat if i rotate my rolex say, once a week and each time i wear it i wind it say, 20 rounds before wearing..
                      Will i still run the risk of damaging the slipping clutch??
                      Cause i've been doin tat to my auto watches just so tat i dun have to shake my hands to get it to move..
                      [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                      Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by communicam View Post
                        Err.. Wat if i rotate my rolex say, once a week and each time i wear it i wind it say, 20 rounds before wearing..
                        Cause i've been doin tat to my auto watches just so tat i dun have to shake my hands to get it to move..
                        You mean you shake once a week and it can last one week meh? or you use the winder?

Comment

You mean you shake once a week and it can last one week meh? or you use the winder?
                          No no.. Wat i mean is i wear my diff watches each day.
                          Before i wear a watch,( naturally it'll be dead cause the prev time i wore it will be like a week ago ), i'd always give it around 20 windings before wearing.
                          Will this affect or spoil the slipping clutch?
                          Pardon my bad explaination bros..
                          [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                          Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

as indicated, already mentioned that it is wound up and not shake.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

no worries. winding it about 20 rounds will not cause the slipping clutch to be damaged as it has yet to reach optimal number of turns. since it is the case, there is little or no possibility to engage the slipping clutch.

the slipping clutch mechanism will only be engage if one over wind it, say giving the watch about 50 turns.

when you wind the watch, the spring gets coil up to store power. however there is only so much the spring can coil up. once it is fully coiled up, and the user continues to wind, the slipping clutch mechanism will be engaged to prevent overwinding.

Before i wear a watch,( naturally it'll be dead cause the prev time i wore it will be like a week ago ), i'd always give it around 20 windings before wearing.
                              Will this affect or spoil the slipping clutch?
                              Pardon my bad explaination bros..

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X