Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex TT oyster band refill/replate

Hi bros,

Need advise on whether the middle polish gold surface can be gold filled or plated again on my TT oyster bracelet. If yes, kindly advise where and roughly how much it cost. I need this info since too many polish would thin off the middle link.
    Thanks in advance.

check with Darkangel or Ian_Limm.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by GCT View Post
      Hi bros,

Need advise on whether the middle polish gold surface can be gold filled or plated again on my TT oyster bracelet. If yes, kindly advise where and roughly how much it cost. I need this info since too many polish would thin off the middle link.
      Thanks in advance.
      Not possible to replate the centre portion as you have to remove the bracelet and separate the gold parts to plate then put back again. But that's not possible, maybe it is possible but the amount of work involved and after putting back it won't be as strong as before.

If you watch has been polished and the colour looks abit light, well it's normal, give it some time it PROBABLY WOULD slowly oxidize and turn darker in colour I believe.

Other than that, nothing u can do with it.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

possible for a competent goldsmith to work on older hollow bracelet (eg, 7836, 9315), but i don't think you can/need to gold plate gold...

the price depends on how much gold is used. i don't have any singapore contacts that do this but i have seen it done on a TT rivet bracelet before.

maybe you should stop polishing it...?
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thanks all bro for your valuable inputs. Wonder if RSC do this if the gold link becomes thin if I send in to them. I would rather add gold than remove it. Btw my band is 78363.

Comment

Thanks all bro for your valuable inputs. Wonder if RSC do this if the gold link becomes thin if I send in to them. I would rather add gold than remove it. Btw my band is 78363.
            no they won't.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Nahhh that won't happen.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Change a new bracelet, and dun polish it again. Because mirror finishing surface is a scratch magnet. No matter how you care for it, there will be some scratches. Unless you dun wear it, just keep in safe.
                Current:
                No More Liao...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X