Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a proposal watch for my gf. Budget around 6k (can up abit more). Quite a noob in this area so would like to check what are the watches (if any) fits the budget. Not looking a preowned ones. Saw the price list trend and most are like 8~10k.
    If can't get any within this budget, will have to be back hunting for rings.
    Thanks!

Did you state any brand in particular? You should be able to get a decent watch with that amount. It'll be better if you can list down some specifications or it's hard to advise.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi Ocean,

I'm looking at rolex, but not in any particular series. As for specs, auto, no gold, maybe a diamond, nice and classy and not too bling. That's all i can think of now. Looking at the watches, feel like buying one pre-own for myself too. lol.

Comment

with that budget, you can only consider preown. however, are you and your gf going to accept that it is a pre-own piece as a proposal watch?
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I think it is not impossible to buy a new ROLEX watch at your budget (@6K+). However, if you want a diamond or two on it, then it will be "mission impossible" . I believe a new, basic ROLEX model such as the Airking, Date or Datejust (ladies' sizes) with no precious metal/stone and after some discount, is affordable at your budget. Try making visits to the watch shops and check out the watches.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            with that budget, you can only consider preown. however, are you and your gf going to accept that it is a pre-own piece as a proposal watch?
            Nope. As said earlier, I'm not looking at pre-owned watches. Will only buy a pre-owned for myself. lol.
            Thanks for the advice, may need to relook into my budget or go back to hunting for rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              I think it is not impossible to buy a new ROLEX watch at your budget (@6K+). However, if you want a diamond or two on it, then it will be "mission impossible" . I believe a new, basic ROLEX model such as the Airking, Date or Datejust (ladies' sizes) with no precious metal/stone and after some discount, is affordable at your budget. Try making visits to the watch shops and check out the watches.
              Thanks. Will take note of that. If it is mission impossible, i will stretch to 7k but think my limit will be under 8k. =)
              Quite excited about buying my 1st Rolex even though it is not for me. haha.

Comment

You could get a Rolex Datejust 179174 with a black or white roman marker dial. Google the serial number and you will get an idea.

Below 8k is possible if you want to get a brand new piece. If she's willing to accept a Rolex watch instead of a ring then why not ? good move I must say.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X