Rolex serial numbers by date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex serial numbers by date

Need advise on these information found from Internet, does it applicable to local Rolex?
    If so, i believe that many dealer should be affected badly if their watch kept in the shelve for too long.
    Then, how buyer have good indication of the real age of the watch?need advise...

Date Serial No
    2010 - Present G/Random Characters
    Dec 08 - 2010 V 000,001
    Jan 08 - Nov 08 M 000,001
    July 06-Dec 07 Z 000,001
    Jan 05-July 06 D 000,001
    Jan 04 F 000,001
    Sept 02 Y 000,001
    August 01 K 000,001
    April 00 P 000,004
    1998-1999 A 000,002
    1997-1998 U 000,001
    1996-1998 T 000,001
    1995-1998 W 000,001
    1993 3/4 S 000,001
    1992 1/4 C 000,001

rolex serial numbers is applicable worldwide.

with the alphanumeric series, how is a potential going to know how long the watch is kept on the shelf since currently there is no information on which batch of serial numbers is produced between when and when.

Originally posted by Ronyyk76 View Post
    Need advise on these information found from Internet, does it applicable to local Rolex?
    If so, i believe that many dealer should be affected badly if their watch kept in the shelve for too long.
    Then, how buyer have good indication of the real age of the watch?need advise...

Date Serial No
    2010 - Present G/Random Characters
    Dec 08 - 2010 V 000,001
    Jan 08 - Nov 08 M 000,001
    July 06-Dec 07 Z 000,001
    Jan 05-July 06 D 000,001
    Jan 04 F 000,001
    Sept 02 Y 000,001
    August 01 K 000,001
    April 00 P 000,004
    1998-1999 A 000,002
    1997-1998 U 000,001
    1996-1998 T 000,001
    1995-1998 W 000,001
    1993 3/4 S 000,001
    1992 1/4 C 000,001
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

As TS yourself implied, it is at the dealers' disadvantage for the serial number to tell the production date easily. So I guess that could be the reason Rolex moved to random characters.

But I am pretty sure that somewhere in their book, Rolex has a way to interpret or track the production date of the random characters, which hopefully will be figured out by some collectors/experts some day.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

So can someone here break the 'da vinci code'?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          So can someone here break the 'da vinci code'?

Maybe one of those who have walked the full circle, hehe

Guess one needs to collect the data over a certain period to study the pattern?

Comment

Came across a thread created by someone in one forum to share the serial number + year purchased of Tudor owned by the forum members, in an attempt to figure out the relationship between the code and production year.

Maybe we can do the same here for the new Rolex serial number? (I know many people don't wish to reveal the serial number of their watches...)

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              Came across a thread created by someone in one forum to share the serial number + year purchased of Tudor owned by the forum members, in an attempt to figure out the relationship between the code and production year.

Maybe we can do the same here for the new Rolex serial number? (I know many people don't wish to reveal the serial number of their watches...)
              Right.

All buyers deserve to know the real age of pre-own watch(at least the manufacture year) on shelve. Usually I think the first question is "how old is this watch?".

At least some reputable group of watch collectors can help to share their methods and all agreed on one common method. Or maybe Rolex can clarify, but I think it is very unlikely to happen.

At the end of the day, it should not be like a guessing game to determine a reasonable re-sale price.

"When all buyers lose confident, who are going to suffer more?" . There is a need to strike a balance between Buyer and dealer.

Comment

There are certain products where the manufacturers have the obligation/are required by laws to clearly indicate to consumers the production or expiry date (such as food and medical products).

Unfortunately watches aren't one of them

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                  There are certain products where the manufacturers have the obligation/are required by laws to clearly indicate to consumers the production or expiry date (such as food and medical products).

Unfortunately watches aren't one of them
                  Agreed, it is impossible to be in the law for watches.

Surely, we are not telling about rare antique item, like Qing dynasty Vase without certificate, paper, receipt to prove. But still, there are experts who can state a market price for such item by some agreed evaulation methods in their market.

We are talking about common watches come with serial number. Will be a surprise to me, if all collectors agree that there is no method to be very sure of the manufacture year...Hope to learn thing here...

Comment

MODEL: 16610
                    SERIES: "X" SERIES

Is there a "X" series?

Comment

Originally posted by hmsg View Post
                      MODEL: 16610
                      SERIES: "X" SERIES

Is there a "X" series?
                      Yes, there is a X series. If I am not wrong, it is around 1992 to 1993.
                      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

ok, thanks!

Comment

As I know the new alphanumeric number is generated randomly by computer and is now used to identify a particular watch not a production date like before.

The actual case,movement and bracelet can be manufactured months apart.

The number in their system will however show a final assembly date of the 3 key parts above.
                          ROLEX.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X