Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Green Box

Hey guys, noob question coming.

Have a less than a mth old Green Rolex Box that has become sticky and the green paint flaking. Watch is from local AD.

Is this a commom prob with the Rolex boxes ? Any ideas how to maintain the box ? Can I get my box exchanged with AD or RSC ?

Many Thanks.

Cannot help it...

you should store is cool dry place,probably due to the humidity level I guess.

Nope cannot be exchange....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Well I have this problem unless you have a big dry cabinet, other than this you may try to put powder/talc.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Wah looks like must buy a humidor for the watch box

To be honest, disappoiting to hear since its such a nice box and widely considered a "premium" brand.

Powder is a possible soln, but is that easy to wipe off ?

Thanks for the clarifications and replies.

Comment

Powder coating is widely us in rubber and plastic although is not the best solution. but it helps to certain extend.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

the old boxes were ok.....

new boxes get stuck after awhile.......

rolex is aware of the problem and the latest batches come with a piece of translucent divider to minimise the problem.......
            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by flamenco View Post
              Wah looks like must buy a humidor for the watch box

To be honest, disappoiting to hear since its such a nice box and widely considered a "premium" brand.

Powder is a possible soln, but is that easy to wipe off ?

Thanks for the clarifications and replies.
              Premium brand...well the watch is...the box...nah! Haha....

It's not the box or Rolex's fault...it's just that our weather is like that...LL

It's like...

For instance...my LV wallet...the zipper...within 1 month..it started to rust or wad they call oxidise...I pay so much and it happens...when other ppl 1 yr also no problem and they use it everyday....so expensive doesnt mean it's weather-proof

Comment

First thing I get home tonight .......... clear wrap the box (inside out)

Yes, I am anal ....... and puts me off gettin another rollie

Thanks again guys

Comment

I know how it feels...but hope it doesnt deter you from getting another Rolex!

Because...seriously...some other brands are worse...all the same problem 1...so just enjoy your watch!

Comment

Originally posted by flamenco View Post
                    Yes, I am anal ....... and puts me off gettin another rollie

Thanks again guys
                    Don't let this put you off from getting another Rolex. The same thing may happen to the boxes of other brands as well...Omega comes to mind. It's just the darn weather over here.

Comment

i keep the thin plastic in between. does not really help also.

i resorted to use those pre-packed silica gel. no help either.

the clear wrap does not help also. tried before.

i resorted to use a piece of aluminum foil last week. will try to open tonight. see if it still sticks.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Wah piang look like need to 2 pcs of foil then. 1 for upper lid , 1 for lower case.

Am jus gonna stick to baby powder for now

Comment

Poor finishing... the box is out source to china or batam??? the paint not completely dry la... if made in japan sure very good quality... their QA super good may be due to high pay.. their process engineers would get fire if their products got problem... out source to JAPAN... BUT ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY EXPENSIVE BOX????

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

i resorted to use a piece of aluminum foil last week. will try to open tonight. see if it still sticks.
                            can consider using zip lock plastic bags.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

aluminium foil?! no kidding?!
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X