Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys! Do you think it is wise to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys! Do you think it is wise to....

Bros,

Do you guys think it is wise to let go both my Sub & Daytona to fund for an AP ROO Volcano?

Or is it better to keep both Sub & Daytona, and get the white Explorer II or the older President's Rolex?
    Current
    ------------
    SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
    SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
    SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

The AP ROO is not my 'cuppa tea'. I'll skip that. So your second option is my choice
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      The AP ROO is not my 'cuppa tea'. I'll skip that. So your second option is my choice
      Actually I'm inclined to the 2nd option as well.

Then would you get another sports like the Explorer II or go for a dresser like the older President's Rolex?
      Current
      ------------
      SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Personally, I would keep the Sub & Daytona since they can practically be worn on any occasion. The AP ROO Volcano is abit loud to be your sole watch if selling yr Sub & Daytona meant that u were only left with the AP ROO Volcano. If you do badly want an AP how about selling say the Sub and adding some cash for a AP Royal Oak?
        My Tumblr
        -------------------
        http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hypersocial View Post
          Actually I'm inclined to the 2nd option as well.

Then would you get another sports like the Explorer II or go for a dresser like the older President's Rolex?
          The former
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by kqxrlovesSpeedmasters View Post
            Personally, I would keep the Sub & Daytona since they can practically be worn on any occasion. The AP ROO Volcano is abit loud to be your sole watch if selling yr Sub & Daytona meant that u were only left with the AP ROO Volcano. If you do badly want an AP how about selling say the Sub and adding some cash for a AP Royal Oak?
            I have the same thoughts too about the practicality of just having one AP ROO. Furthermore, with the leather hornback strap in our beautifully warm & humid climate, the strap will smell & deteriorate quickly.

As for the Royal Oak, not my cuppa. Actually as for the AP ROO, I think it's more of the hype of the watch that is getting to me, worry I may regret when the hype wears off.

The former
            Hmm... Do let me know about your white Explorer II if you are planning to sell it for the new Explorer II!!!
            Current
            ------------
            SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Personally think the sub & daytona are very different from the volcano. So ultimately, I think it depends on your pattern of wear and what you are after. The ROO is more sporty and casual looking while the rolex borders across the other spectrum. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of the volcano and so would recommend the rubber clad or panda instead. If cost is a consideration as well, I think sticking with the rolex is a better option as the prices for Rolex are more stable.
              I want a 116505!

Comment

Hmm maybe if u really wanted an AP ROO how about a panda? Won't be as loud as a volcano then...

I have the same thoughts too about the practicality of just having one AP ROO. Furthermore, with the leather hornback strap in our beautifully warm & humid climate, the strap will smell & deteriorate quickly.

As for the Royal Oak, not my cuppa. Actually as for the AP ROO, I think it's more of the hype of the watch that is getting to me, worry I may regret when the hype wears off.

Hmm... Do let me know about your white Explorer II if you are planning to sell it for the new Explorer II!!!
                My Tumblr
                -------------------

Comment

Bros,

Do you guys think it is wise to let go both my Sub & Daytona to fund for an AP ROO Volcano?

Or is it better to keep both Sub & Daytona, and get the white Explorer II or the older President's Rolex?
                  For me, I think i will keep both Sub n Daytona and get white Explorer 2. If the desire for AP ROO volcano is too overwhelmed, then I would save enuff to get it eventually. Sometimes the interesting part in life is to save for that items, perhaps u will treasure it more?

Comment

Hmm maybe if u really wanted an AP ROO how about a panda? Won't be as loud as a volcano then...
                    Funny thing is the 'loudness' of the Volcano is the factor that attracted me. I know I could get another rubber strap for the Volcano so as to be able to wear everyday without a stinky leather strap. BUT another $800+ for the strap doesn't sink well for me.

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
                    Personally think the sub & daytona are very different from the volcano. So ultimately, I think it depends on your pattern of wear and what you are after. The ROO is more sporty and casual looking while the rolex borders across the other spectrum. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of the volcano and so would recommend the rubber clad or panda instead. If cost is a consideration as well, I think sticking with the rolex is a better option as the prices for Rolex are more stable.
                    Actually cost is one factor that is my consideration as well, thus unable to pull the trigger on the Volcano till now. I know once I 'sacrificed' my Rollies for an AP ROO. when I wanna 'sacrifice' the ROO, it will HURT!
                    Current
                    ------------
                    SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by Milgauss74 View Post
                      For me, I think i will keep both Sub n Daytona and get white Explorer 2. If the desire for AP ROO volcano is too overwhelmed, then I would save enuff to get it eventually. Sometimes the interesting part in life is to save for that items, perhaps u will treasure it more?
                      Actually I already have enough funds to get the Volcano without selling my Rollies. But the feeling of 'trapping' so much $$$ on watches doesn't sink well with me for the moment, not forgetting my Missus will give me a good dose of $%#@.

I think in the end, I may pursue the option of getting a 3rd Rollie. I can wear 3 different watches, the resale value is more stable & I don't trap so much $$$ on watches.
                      Current
                      ------------
                      SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

I shall adopt the voice of reason lol. Don't get the AP but get another Rolex! 3 Rolex watches is damn shiok already and u will have funds in the bank still.
                        My Tumblr
                        -------------------

Comment

I shall adopt the voice of reason lol. Don't get the AP but get another Rolex! 3 Rolex watches is damn shiok already and u will have funds in the bank still.
                          Ok. it is decided then guys, a 3rd Rollie will be my option.

Thanks for all the valuable opinions guys!!!

The hunt is ON for a 3rd Rollie...
                          Current
                          ------------
                          SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

And what's no. 3?
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

And what's no. 3?
                              Hmm... It could be the white Explorer II, a GMT II (coke/pepsi bezel) or a Datejust. I wonder an older model President's Rolex will it be too LOUD?
                              Current
                              ------------
                              SS Rolex Daytona (Black)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X