Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from an aspiring Rolex owner...buy in Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from an aspiring Rolex owner...buy in Singapore?

Hello everyone,

I have been in the market for a pre-owned Submariner no-date (14060 or 14060M). I am from the U.S., and will be traveling this week to Vietnam for a couple of weeks. Would it be worth it to hop a plane over to Singapore and browse for a pre-owned Sub? To give a basis for comparison, I can get a good example in the U.S. for around 4900 SGD.

I have browsed many old threads and it appears there are a lot of pre-owned shops selling Rolex in Singapore. That being said, I have not been able to find if the all-stainless Sub is common in pre-owned shops.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

if price of air ticket + watch = >SG$4900 id say not worth
    if price of air ticket + watch = <SG$4900 of course worth it
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

it depends also are you looking for one with complete set or not.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for your responses so far! I would prefer an example with box/papers, but it isn't a deal breaker. If I came across a respectable example without box/papers, I would try to use that to haggle the price down a bit. I guess I am just trying to get the right expectations. If no-date Subs are scarce among all the resellers in Singapore, then I wouldn't want to get my hopes up thinking I will spend the day picking out my next Sub. While browsing watch shops would be interesting in its own right, I am pretty firm in wanting a no-date Sub and would very likely not buy anything else.

Comment

No offends to all local dealers... I think if I were you, I would fly to HK instead.

Comment

at this time it's not worth it IMO. i would stick to US or HK.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X