Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex bought from Switzerland

Hi there,

Is it true that Rolex bought from Switzenland were made and assembled in Switzenland ? While those bought from Singapore AP would be assembled in Hong Kong.....is this true ?

Thanks a lot.

HK??? who you hearrd from? where is the factory in HK? Rolex has not reached the stage to set up factories outside Switzenland....
    Don't worry too much and don't worry the others....

Originally posted by akjazz View Post
    Hi there,

Is it true that Rolex bought from Switzenland were made and assembled in Switzenland ? While those bought from Singapore AP would be assembled in Hong Kong.....is this true ?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Nope. N'er heard about this.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks a lot.
        Nah...all RUBBISH. Dun believe in such things

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

A Rolex "factory" in HK? No way. If this is true you may just find Rolex rejects being sold by street vendors in China.

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks a lot.
            Factory in HK is producing "LOLEX" for Mainland consummers and payment by "Run Ming Pi"....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
            SS SD,
            SS YM,
            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

This story about rolex parts assembling in HK or other parts of Asia is told by those tour guides... cos they want you to buy from the shops in Switzerland when you are there even though they might be selling higher than Singapore.

Anyway, if you have bought, happy can already la.

Comment

You have got it right...bro edsonchan, it was indeed from the tour guide who said this words.
                I find it weird too...thanks for the clarification bros.

Comment

But I ever heard from one AD here saying that some of the watch parts, like the dial, bracelets are manufactured in Thailand but assembled in Switzerland. Don't know if true or not...

Comment

not only thailand but also china, india and cuba...........
                    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Correct! I remember I heard the same story from my tour guide during my euro trip a few years ago... do all guides studied the same course and books? But my guide told us Rolex bought in Asia have bracelets made in HK, I think he gonna some Rolex experts in some trips, so he didn't dare to say the whole watch is made in HK....

BTW, I never believe what the guides' stories as they are fed by commissions... I treat their stories as entertainment.... buy or not, judge myself but I am sure if I am buying the product which is available in sg, definitly sg is cheaper...

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                      This story about rolex parts assembling in HK or other parts of Asia is told by those tour guides... cos they want you to buy from the shops in Switzerland when you are there even though they might be selling higher than Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                        not only thailand but also china, india and cuba...........
                        Cuba?

Comment

hi

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post

it sure show hw some tour guides are so idiotic or act blur.

Comment

When they don't received enough tips or what they "deserve", they will not act blur... suddenly become very smart...

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                            it sure show hw some tour guides are so idiotic or act blur.

Comment

I buy a Rolex because I like it...I dun care where it's made...as long as my watch runs well.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X