No announcement yet.

alphabet series vs alphanumeric series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a g series sports model at a local ad the other day, SA said that now g series is still current.

Comment

Is it possible for G series to be sitting on the shelf for 2 over years at AD up till now? any idea if this will affect the resale value in the future? Especially if the warranty is over.
      Daytona Everose Chocolate Dial
      GMT-Master II Black and Blue Ceramic Bezel
      Tag Heuer Kirium Series Black Dial

Comment

It's normal. There is still many g series, especially precious metals models, at ADs.

Comment

Possible...

Originally posted by P88 View Post
          It's normal. There is still many g series, especially precious metals models, at ADs.
          Yap, P88 is right that there are "G" series Rolex models still floating around in the market, especially the higher end models which tend to sit on the shelves longer. I have had two Daytonas before, one white and one black dial. Both are G-series too and dated 2013!

Comment

Dont think so mate..

Originally posted by Qevyn View Post
            Is it possible for G series to be sitting on the shelf for 2 over years at AD up till now? any idea if this will affect the resale value in the future? Especially if the warranty is over.
            Don't think so mate the series will affect the resale value... condition is everything when selling, unless we are talking about the vintage watches where the MK I , MK II etc dial affect the resale value. But who knows, the 116520 might go outta production and some gurus few years later might start to mark the dials and voila... the G series have the most unique dial and your resale value might just shoot up sky high

Comment

series can affect resale value. take for example a G series vs M series watch. the G serial may command a higher resale value compared to M serial given that other factors such as completeness and condition are same/similar. however a Z serial vs M serial resale value may be similar.

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
              Don't think so mate the series will affect the resale value... condition is everything when selling, unless we are talking about the vintage watches where the MK I , MK II etc dial affect the resale value. But who knows, the 116520 might go outta production and some gurus few years later might start to mark the dials and voila... the G series have the most unique dial and your resale value might just shoot up sky high
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Earlier = newer = better condition ?

Originally posted by triton View Post
                series can affect resale value. take for example a G series vs M series watch. the G serial may command a higher resale value compared to M serial given that other factors such as completeness and condition are same/similar. however a Z serial vs M serial resale value may be similar.
                Do allow me to explain myself a little here. Series doesn't affect the value in his case, especially if the condition of the earlier series is better than that of the later series. Of course, most buyers might (I say might hor LOL) prefer a later series like what you mentioned because folks tend to assume that later series (hence a 'younger' watch) would have less wear and tear.

But if the G series is a daily beater but the M series is an occasional watch, then I would take the M series piece any time any day.

Comment

do note that i mentioned that given similar condition comparing a M and G serial where you mention both serial is likely to be different watch condition as the example used was daily beater vs possibly safe queen condition

Do allow me to explain myself a little here. Series doesn't affect the value in his case, especially if the condition of the earlier series is better than that of the later series. Of course, most buyers might (I say might hor LOL) prefer a later series like what you mentioned because folks tend to assume that later series (hence a 'younger' watch) would have less wear and tear.

But if the G series is a daily beater but the M series is an occasional watch, then I would take the M series piece any time any day.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Add ons...

of course triton, when I said that series shouldn't affect the value of the watch, I meant only this set There are lots of examples out there where series of a Rolex affects its value, for example the "R" series (a Floating Cosmos maybe??) of a Daytona vs a "U" series...

Comment

Yes. I am affected by the series of the watch if I am buying from a 2nd hand dealer.
                      Hmmm... since I cannot measure the wear and tear inside, I will just measure by the series.

Lets say...
                      an alpha set is selling 8000, and a M series is also selling 8000. I would naturally buy the alpha set given that the external conditions are almost similar.

However the danger comes when buying a alpha set, buyer should be buying the whole set with the date of purchase on warranty card.then u will know at least when the watch leave the AD. I will not buy a set without a stamp date because.... i dont know when it leaves the AD.

Comment

Dont know why they do that...

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
                        However the danger comes when buying a alpha set, buyer should be buying the whole set with the date of purchase on warranty card.then u will know at least when the watch leave the AD. I will not buy a set without a stamp date because.... i dont know when it leaves the AD.
                        That leaves us with loads of other questions like... Why did Rolex introduce the AN numbering system of their cases? Was it to "discourage" the dating of a watch and hence the issue here? So far, I have not seen a convincing explanation yet, with my latter reasoning being more commonly cited Any bros want to take a shot here... ??

Comment

That leaves us with loads of other questions like... Why did Rolex introduce the AN numbering system of their cases? Was it to "discourage" the dating of a watch and hence the issue here? So far, I have not seen a convincing explanation yet, with my latter reasoning being more commonly cited Any bros want to take a shot here... ??
                          I think their intend for AN series are to prevent new old stocks (NOS) that doesn't sells in AD. Imagine yourself in 2010 in G series era where you found a V series in AD selling same price as G, which will you buy?

Comment

For "non-collectible" set sake

Originally posted by glay78 View Post
                            I think their intend for AN series are to prevent new old stocks (NOS) that doesn't sells in AD. Imagine yourself in 2010 in G series era where you found a V series in AD selling same price as G, which will you buy?
                            Yap, that's precisely the reason why they want to "stop" this numbering thing though collectors protest against it. The bulk of their sales are the "non-collectible" sets and hence to prevent this from happening, I guess this is the way forward.

Comment

Keep calm and buy rolex

Comment

Keep calm and...

Originally posted by MTC View Post
                                Keep calm and buy rolex
                                Should have been "keep calm and continue to buy Rolex..." LOL

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X