Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Rolex Certificate

Hi Guys n gals,

I came across someone selling a really nice gmt master on another web. Being relatively new, I am not really sure if the rolex warranty cert is legit or not because i notice that the serial no is not punched like what i use to see (it is like type written). Anyway the cert is from USA and i am just wondering if anyone here has a piece from states can enlighten me on this.

Thanks
    Peter

see what the bros here chime in, I think there is a different process for rolex USA.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      see what the bros here chime in, I think there is a different process for rolex USA.
      Hi S.C

Well i certainly hope so coz I kind of like the watch very much. Will wait n see.

Comment

maybe you can surf "rolex forums" their member base majority in USA, so you may get quicker answer
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

is it the credit card certificate?
          Originally posted by angsu View Post
          Hi S.C

Well i certainly hope so coz I kind of like the watch very much. Will wait n see.

Comment

maybe you can surf "rolex forums" their member base majority in USA, so you may get quicker answer
            yup, will start doing some research. anyway all input here is most welcome.

Peter

Comment

Can show some pictures of the cert?

Comment

Originally posted by mokwai View Post
                is it the credit card certificate?
                No, it's the paper cert. The watch itself is 1998 model. BTW, here's the link to the watch.
                http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=f9110dc1.pbw

Comment

yeah paper cert for US is different from s'pore type...it's legit

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    thanks a million for the confidence. will post some pics if i decide to get it.

Comment

wat is the difference ah?

what i feel is more important is that the cert number must match the watch serial number.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

With the world flooded with fake rolexes, unless you bought the rolex from AD, otherwise, paper certification doesn't really proof anything.

When watches change hands in Singapore, we always go to SRC for verification, Why? Why is there a need to pay $75 if you believe in paper proof?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                        SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

paper proof is only good for buying BNIB for obvious reasons.

certificate on preowned pieces marely give the perception that the previous owner looked after the watch and kept everything accordingly. also it is selling at higher price because it is "complete", it does not state anything about authenticity.

thus we go to SRC to check out once we are about to hand over money.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

paper proof is only good for buying BNIB for obvious reasons.

certificate on preowned pieces marely give the perception that the previous owner looked after the watch and kept everything accordingly. also it is selling at higher price because it is "complete", it does not state anything about authenticity.

thus we go to SRC to check out once we are about to hand over money.
                            I fully agreed...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

I fully agree that paper is not everything and it does not prove that the watch is genuine. Well, actually the watch is in London and I only have pictures of it. So as a rookie, I try to make out as much as possible from the pics I get, if I do see something unusual I would like to get to the root of it.

Its more of not wasting his time and mine if I find something suspicious from his pictures (not even going to meet up).

Of course if the watch was in Singapore, off it goes to RSC for a piece of mind.

You guys are great, as most of you are true rolex lovers and know the details of the watches really well, I applaud and encourage you guys for giving advice to newbie like myself who is starting a rolex collection of my own.

Cheers
                              Peter

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X