Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get a Rolex

Hi all,

After working for 20 over years, it is time to rewardd myself with a Rolex watch. I am looking at the following:

1. Cosmograph Daytona
    2. Rolex Deep Sea
    3. Submariner Date

Could someone tell me where is the best place to buy used?

If not, then perhaps I have to buy new, and I guess the prices are the same in the retail shops. Right?

How about getting from Singapore airport terminal 3? I saw a Rolex outlet there. Would it be cheaper considering there is no GST? I didn't had time to check it out the last time as I was late for my flight. But I am sure I will be in T3 again. So if cheaper, I can wait. No rush

Appreciate your advise also on the selections I made. Good, bad.....

Thanks...

Hi ,
    First of all you have made a good decision on getting a valued watch.You can browse this site for used Rolex as there are plenty of good quality watches selling at the Rolex Garage section.You can check out and view the real piece before purchase.
    I am not sure of the price in T3,other can advise.

Comment

Thanks augpat.

Perhaps I should put in a want to buy thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Watch View Post
        Hi all,

After working for 20 over years, it is time to rewardd myself with a Rolex watch. I am looking at the following:

1. Cosmograph Daytona
        2. Rolex Deep Sea
        3. Submariner Date

If not, then perhaps I have to buy new, and I guess the prices are the same in the retail shops. Right?

How about getting from Singapore airport terminal 3? I saw a Rolex outlet there. Would it be cheaper considering there is no GST? I didn't had time to check it out the last time as I was late for my flight. But I am sure I will be in T3 again. So if cheaper, I can wait. No rush

Thanks...
        dont really like their service there.... (sorry to said that)

Yes the different is without GST that's all.

But warrantly is it valid in Sg you better check.
        Present

Rolex Deep Sea - Sea Dweller
        Panerai 00423
        Tag Heuer Formula 1 Black

Past

Rolex GMT Master II
        Hublot Classic Fusion

Comment

rolex warranty is international 2yrs if i not wrong

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin1977 View Post
            rolex warranty is international 2yrs if i not wrong
            Not wrong.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi all,

1. Cosmograph Daytona
              2. Rolex Deep Sea
              3. Submariner Date

Thanks...
              Daytona if you are looking for the SS model, stock and price maybe and issue if you are going to buy from AD brand new. Unless you are willing to deal with private dealers, which you will get better pricing, but for new buyers they are not that open to that.

Deepsea and Submariner are very good choices too. The submariner is an evergreen, u can never go wrong with that. Deepsea for the adventurous guy who wants something different apart from everyone else.

Best deal I can tell you is at SGROC's garage, but that's if you are open to that option. If not...try searching around orchard road, lucky plaza has Watch Palace, Tai Hong Hung and Dickson is at Suntec.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

They are 3 very different watches. Got to zoom in and decide on one first.
                Easier to hunt.

If in doubt, indulge. Buy all.

Take your time to look at garage, pi, ad. This lies part of the fun.
                Then decide who to part your money.

Consider to get pre owned if you are ok with it.
                Can save a bit and you will get scratches eventually.
                But beware to dinks and dents. These, unless very light, cannot be polished away without losing too much material.

Happy hunting.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

First and foremost, welcome to the world of the coronet, (when u get it) I'm a Rolex convert myself.
                  These 3 babies are very different and it still boils down to your purpose for this watch u going to buy.
                  Is it for:
                  Sake of collection for yourself or to hand down to next generation?
                  Daily beater?
                  Luxury wear for that special occasion?

Another pt of consideration to share for better suggestion from here is your budget, what is your range?

Though u won't go wrong with this brand, it is really a matter of model, budget and purpose for the watch.
                  Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. Keep them coming...

I am ok to get a used piece, since I will be wearing it most of the time. Including sleeping and bathing

I could not decide which of the 3 to pick but am not ready to get all 3. Maybe I am speaking too soon....

Budget wise, not too bad, so long as the price is justified and not taken for a ride...

Comment

for bling daytona. harder to read time, no date. chrono quite useless. but very nice.

for presence deepsea. beware it's thick. need a thicker wrist. no human will go that deep. solid solid.

for evergreen submariner. classic cyclops, regular 40mm. good for casual and formal.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Yes, the chrono is nice and I really like it.

I have been wearing big watches and got used to it. Wearing the 40mm somehow looked small now...

Comment

For me Daytona i only the black bezel with white gold that's a nice watch.

Submariner Green - i like it very nice but prefer the current model. Full Green looks better.

Deepsea - i still prefer GMT II better.
                          Present

Rolex Deep Sea - Sea Dweller
                          Panerai 00423
                          Tag Heuer Formula 1 Black

Past

Rolex GMT Master II
                          Hublot Classic Fusion

Comment

Yes, the chrono is nice and I really like it.

I have been wearing big watches and got used to it. Wearing the 40mm somehow looked small now...
                            Hmmm that means you can try the Daytona or Deepsea....

Daytona is not as chunky and easier to wear on with your shirt. Deepsea...may have some issues if you are wearing LS shirts

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

fold up the cuffs is one simple solution. maybe not the best during 9-5 on a weekday
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X