Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing at JW or TopHour, which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing at JW or TopHour, which is better?

Hi,

Can any Bros here give ur valuable feedbacks as in which of these 2 shops provide a better worksmanship for polishing? Thinking of sending my rollie for polishing. Thanks.

Originally posted by zoom3 View Post
    Hi,

Can any Bros here give ur valuable feedbacks as in which of these 2 shops provide a better worksmanship for polishing? Thinking of sending my rollie for polishing. Thanks.
    Surely you mean your Rolex and without doubt best wait till service time and let the RSC take care of it.

Comment

Hi think rollie means rolex colloquial term.

ANyway heard reviews abt JW doing a good job with competitive prices. And most importantly, trustworthy.

But of course for the best you go to the maker themselves - RSC
      Currently own:
      Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
      Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
      Blue Dial/Silver Markers
      Seiko SNZG15K1
      Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
      Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
      Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
      Omega Seamaster 2254.50
      Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

Bro,
        Read some thread in ROC that talks about service and polish at RSC. Comments dun sound good le... so was thinking if its worth to pay a high premium and do there ha ha... also saw some bros mentioned about JW and Top Hour, so post a thread to hear some review

Comment

Y not go to Watch Klinik... They do quite a good job on polishing...
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

yup..JW and watchklink are not too bad...
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
              Y not go to Watch Klinik... They do quite a good job on polishing...
              Was very upset when they polished my watch and there are still scratches all over. Does not seem professional. Maybe I was unlucky!
              Present:
              Rolex Explorer I , 114270
              Rolex Explorer II , 16570
              Rolex Submariner 16110 LV
              Tudor Glamour DayDate, 56003
              Tag Heur Classic 2000
              Orient Diver CEM75001B

Comment

Wanted to send my first watch for polishing at RSC, but instead was quoted SGD$800+ for overhaul, polishing and change of crystal due to chip (optional). Saw some reviews on TopHour, and thought since it's so near to my working place, might as well drop a visit. And I must say the uncle there gave his professional advices, saved me from paying a premium and I am a happy man with a shiny watch once again!
                'Faber est suae quisque fortunae'

Comment

Originally posted by bigfatpig View Post
                  Wanted to send my first watch for polishing at RSC, but instead was quoted SGD$800+ for overhaul, polishing and change of crystal due to chip (optional). Saw some reviews on TopHour, and thought since it's so near to my working place, might as well drop a visit. And I must say the uncle there gave his professional advices, saved me from paying a premium and I am a happy man with a shiny watch once again!
                  Bro,

did u change ur crystal at TopHour? Mine also chipped, not sure if i should change Oh, what is the cost for ur overhaul TH also? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by zoom3 View Post
                    Bro,

did u change ur crystal at TopHour? Mine also chipped, not sure if i should change Oh, what is the cost for ur overhaul TH also? Thanks.
                    Mr Lim iirc said there was no need for an overhaul as the movement inside is still performing great. Moreover, if its not seriously chipped to the state whereby small shattered pieces of crystals or water does not go into the dial and affect the movement, there is not much need to change the sapphire crystal. Its a matter of personal preference.
                    'Faber est suae quisque fortunae'

Comment

Originally posted by bigfatpig View Post
                      Mr Lim iirc said there was no need for an overhaul as the movement inside is still performing great. Moreover, if its not seriously chipped to the state whereby small shattered pieces of crystals or water does not go into the dial and affect the movement, there is not much need to change the sapphire crystal. Its a matter of personal preference.
                      So he only charge u for the polishing bro?

Comment

give u another option: http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=35327

cheers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X