Kuala Lumpur V Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuala Lumpur V Singapore

I have been talking to few people about my plan to buy a new rolex in Singapore, but I have been given the impression it may actually be more affordable to go to KL instead. due to the current AUD to SG doller exchange rate, also hotels and flights to KL are cheaper from Perth WA australia.

we are treating the trip as an holiday and the purchase of the watch is a bonus on the trip, so if the holiday works out cheaper I have a larger budget to spend on the watch.

any views and opinions are most welcome as wel as any tales of recent Malaysian watch bargains

mick

it all depends on which model(s) you are looking @. for some brands and models, it is indeed cheaper to get from KL than in SG.

Originally posted by fastrhino View Post
    I have been talking to few people about my plan to buy a new rolex in Singapore, but I have been given the impression it may actually be more affordable to go to KL instead. due to the current AUD to SG doller exchange rate, also hotels and flights to KL are cheaper from Perth WA australia.

we are treating the trip as an holiday and the purchase of the watch is a bonus on the trip, so if the holiday works out cheaper I have a larger budget to spend on the watch.

any views and opinions are most welcome as wel as any tales of recent Malaysian watch bargains

mick
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Price wise it is abit cheaper but not really significant,say 3-5% lesser. Probably another 1-2% or so cheaper if u carry cash. But if you are willing to take that risk and carry that much cash in m'sia go ahead...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Price wise it is abit cheaper but not really significant,say 3-5% lesser. Probably another 1-2% or so cheaper if u carry cash. But if you are willing to take that risk and carry that much cash in m'sia go ahead...
        if you carry cash smart, it should be OK. best is to blend in with locals
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          if you carry cash smart, it should be OK. best is to blend in with locals
          Agreed...but if you are ang moh...then cannot help it

Comment

can also be done, dont dress like a tourist for starters. secondly, stash your money in several different places, once you get to hotel, lock your room, cover your windows and count to make sure. the reason for having money all over your body as opposed to just the back pocket, incase you need to dump a packet and run. Also in the unfortunate event that you are mugged, you can easily give one packet, and walk away.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hi bro, what r you trying to advert???
              Last edited by Darkangel; 09-06-08, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
                Hi bro, what r you trying to advert???
                Please take note..if you see such spams...DO NOT QUOTE. Thank you for your cooperation.

Comment

er, what spam?

anyway, my 2cts worth, buy in spore better. i was in KL abt 2 months ago, sports models more ex than spore.
                  Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                  "Foreign affections"
                  1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                  2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                  3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                  4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                  What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                    er, what spam?

anyway, my 2cts worth, buy in spore better. i was in KL abt 2 months ago, sports models more ex than spore.
                    Hahha...dunno dun ask better...lol

I thought cheaper wad?

Comment

from my knowledge kl so expensive.... if he's talking abt ADs...

unless he recommending or advertising for a fren....

but it dont matter as long as the price is cheaper....

so.....
                      Rolex GMT Master 1675 16750 16760 16700
                      Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
                      Submariner 16610LV 16613
                      Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X