Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New or Preowned submariner

Hi Bro & sis,

Im thinking of getting a submariner after reading so many posts here, however to spent 8k+ on a brand new watch, it seem to be very "heart pain".
    So i need you guys out there to advise me of the following with my budget of between 5 - 7k.

1. BNIB of oversea set seem attractive at average 6.8k. ( izzit worth getting? what is the diff between local n overseas when come to value if i would to sell in future?

2. If would to get a preowned sub, how much should i pay? (not sure as there are too many series out there.)

Lastly thanks in advance for all advise.

No need $8k+ now... BNIB is ard $7k+... overseas set ard $7k or less... overseas set same as local set... only you get "better" buying experience from local ADs... if you still "heart pain", get a used one for ard $5k+... if worry about condition, get any Z, M series... should be servicing-free for another 4-5 years...

Comment

thanks for your advise, are you able to give me an idea how much should a preowned M series sub cost? or should i put it this way as how much you think that a M series should i pay considering is a good buy? thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        No need $8k+ now... BNIB is ard $7k+... overseas set ard $7k or less... overseas set same as local set... only you get "better" buying experience from local ADs... if you still "heart pain", get a used one for ard $5k+... if worry about condition, get any Z, M series... should be servicing-free for another 4-5 years...

i'm newbie too intending to get a sub.
        do you mean price is ard $7k+ from local ADs?

rds

Comment

Originally posted by mano36 View Post
          i'm newbie too intending to get a sub.
          do you mean price is ard $7k+ from local ADs?

rds

its really depend on the sales person whether how much discount they willing to sell but now seem like mostly local ADS got no stock

Comment

Yes, the brand new sub price from AD is S$7K+. Discount dependent on idividuals with the AD.
            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

yes.... you're right... depends... but must ask for at least 5% from local AD...

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
              Yes, the brand new sub price from AD is S$7K+. Discount dependent on idividuals with the AD.

Comment

$5k+ is a good buy loh...

Originally posted by Toy_car View Post
                thanks for your advise, are you able to give me an idea how much should a preowned M series sub cost? or should i put it this way as how much you think that a M series should i pay considering is a good buy? thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                  thanks.
                  that means price drop liao? if so, veri tempting leh because I used to see it costs ard S$8228 from ADs.

Comment

For these queries, there are plenty of info here. Do a search and you shld get it. The price of a brand new ss Submariner, model 16610, is $8,228 at local authorized dealers (ADs), such as The Hour Glass (THG), Watch Palace (WP), THH, etc. Discount varies between 5% and 10%, and subject very much to demand and supply, including the relationship with your ADs.

Currently in ADs, there shld be only the latest 'V' series if they have any in stock. The earlier ones like 'M' and 'Z' are likely to be pre-owned. For a good condition, full accessories, local pre-owned 'M' series, the price shld be around $6.3-$6.4k.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi Ocean,

If preowned M series at 6.4k, than why dont just top up 400 more to get BNIB at only 6.8K?

Comment

$6.4k is a local, pre-owned set. Timing of comparison is also important. I recalled this price sometime in Mar/Apr 09. Whereas, the $6.8k is the current price for a bnib overseas set. If you are to compare at that period, I am not sure if the grey dealers were selling at $6.8k at that time too.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

M, V and Z?

So is V series the newest? But between M and Z, what is the newer? Also, any difference between the series or is it just the year of production?

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                            So is V series the newest? But between M and Z, what is the newer? Also, any difference between the series or is it just the year of production?
                            Read this: http://www.oysterworld.de/1/index.htm

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X