Help in identifying production year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in identifying production year

I understand that the D series production spans between 2005 and 2006. But is there any additional way to determine what specific year a particular piece is from, that is to know if a particular D serial number was from 2005 or 2006?

no official time line as different case number can be used to make the different case type - ss/tt/yg/etc....

hence even the serial number will not be a good gauge. the only way is to have original receipt for a better accurate purchase date.

Originally posted by guibs View Post
    I understand that the D series production spans between 2005 and 2006. But is there any additional way to determine what specific year a particular piece is from, that is to know if a particular D serial number was from 2005 or 2006?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks for the reply. i had thought the serial number would be a more accurate indication of production date since the OR is only indicative of when the piece was purchased, which could be old stock produced a year or two before actual purchase.

so it seems then that at least for pieces produced between years, there's no definite way to determine specific year of production?

Originally posted by triton View Post
      no official time line as different case number can be used to make the different case type - ss/tt/yg/etc....

hence even the serial number will not be a good gauge. the only way is to have original receipt for a better accurate purchase date.

Comment

yes, you are correct to say so as the numbers allocated is not a fixed on year but also on material. for example in 2006, one can see stainless steel of a submariner with Z series but one can also see D (mid numbers) series solid gold submariner. there is no true indicator to say that say the latter serial numbers of D series is for say Jan-Jun 06 watches.

Originally posted by guibs View Post
        thanks for the reply. i had thought the serial number would be a more accurate indication of production date since the OR is only indicative of when the piece was purchased, which could be old stock produced a year or two before actual purchase.

so it seems then that at least for pieces produced between years, there's no definite way to determine specific year of production?
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks again for the assistance!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X