Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy Rolex in Amsterdam or Copenhagen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Rolex in Amsterdam or Copenhagen?

Dear All,

I am going to Amsterdam and Copenhagen next month, any recommendation or feedback for buying Rolex at both cities?

Thinking to get a SS sub, Hulk or sub TT.

My last stop is at Copenhagen so will be refunding VAT at Copenhagen.

Thanks in advance!
    A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Originally posted by yaloryalor View Post
    Dear All,

I am going to Amsterdam and Copenhagen next month, any recommendation or feedback for buying Rolex at both cities?

Thinking to get a SS sub, Hulk or sub TT.

My last stop is at Copenhagen so will be refunding VAT at Copenhagen.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Yaloryalor,

As mentioned in my previous posts on the forum, it doesn't really matter where you buy the watch. I do not know how long you will stay in Amsterdam and Copenhagen but you need to have the luck that the jewelry shop has the watch you want in stock or have the time to visit several jewelry shops.

In addition, the prices really depends on your negotiation skills and whether you flash with cash. Prices in EU might differ a few percentage due to different VAT system.

Linda

Comment

I think the most recognisable AD in Copenhagen would be Klarlund. They have a rather wide selection of Rolexes as well. There's 1 along Stroget shopping street near Kongens Nytorv metro and another near the central train station.
      Current:
      Rolex Submariner 116613LB Sunburst Dial
      Rolex Yachtmaster 116622 Blue Dial
      Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 'Coke' Z-series
      Tudor Pelagos Blue 25600TB
      Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver
      Aviator Poljot Black 45mm
      Corniche Heritage 40

Wishlist:
      Rolex Submariner 116619LB 'Smurf'

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
        Hi Yaloryalor,

As mentioned in my previous posts on the forum, it doesn't really matter where you buy the watch. I do not know how long you will stay in Amsterdam and Copenhagen but you need to have the luck that the jewelry shop has the watch you want in stock or have the time to visit several jewelry shops.

In addition, the prices really depends on your negotiation skills and whether you flash with cash. Prices in EU might differ a few percentage due to different VAT system.

Linda
        Thanks Linda,

True. I think SS models would be harder to be in stock compare to TT models.

When I was in Milan few years ago, the shop told me that if the watch is above Euro 8,000 then the tax rebate is higher percentage (normal about 15% then above euro 8k is about 20%). Is this correct? or it depends buying from which country?
        A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

Originally posted by dimebag View Post
          I think the most recognisable AD in Copenhagen would be Klarlund. They have a rather wide selection of Rolexes as well. There's 1 along Stroget shopping street near Kongens Nytorv metro and another near the central train station.
          Great! I will be staying near Kongens Nytorv metro.

Do you know if the same watch would cost more in Amsterdam or Copenhagen?

Comment

My guess if that Amsterdam will likely be cheaper.

However, it really depends on several factors:

-the exchange rate that you changed yr currency for

-the retail price in that country. A country might offer higher tax rebates but maybe based on yr exchange rate the retail price might be higher which end up not much difference.

-the tax refund percentage and the amount you are paying for the watch. Because for some countries, the higher you spend, the higher the tax rebate.

-the brand and model you are buying and the demand in that particular region. Normally they are willing to give more discounts for not so popular models or if the watch has been lying in the display for a long time and they wanna get rid of it.

-your mode of payment. Even though they are willing to give higher discounts for full cash payments but sometimes the additional discount is not much and your credit card rebate can give you more savings as compared to full cash payments. Not forgetting that paying with credit card will result in poorer exchange rate too.

To give you an example, when you buy watches in Switzerland, you pay the net price after deducting tax. However you earn lesser credit card rebate this way. Also the tax refund is lesser. However so far based on the exchange rate that I changed my currency for, the retail prices are somewhat slightly lower than others. As compared to other european countries, tax refund is higher and sometimes more discount, however I gotta pay full amount first and get my tax refund to my credit card later, which means double bank charges. Also Slightly higher retail price. End up the net price difference might be more or less the same. I have tried calculating during my trip to Italy, Paris, Switzerland, Austria and Germany

Nobody can give you a dead sure answer which exact country will be cheaper for the watch you want to buy because most will advise you simply based on the VAT rate. However as mentioned many factors are taken into consideration so you gotta do your own calculations before deciding where to buy. Sometimes buying in Singapore will end up to be the cheapest and most hassle free option;p At least you don't have to worry whether yr tax form will get lost in mailMy suggestion is that as long as the price that you are paying is reasonable(eg, at least 5% off for Rolex sports models based on Singapore price),I think it's good enough.

What you buy is more important then how much you pay, because you only pay once, but you live with yr choice

Comment

Originally posted by chronomat01le View Post
              My guess if that Amsterdam will likely be cheaper.

However, it really depends on several factors:

-the exchange rate that you changed yr currency for

-the retail price in that country. A country might offer higher tax rebates but maybe based on yr exchange rate the retail price might be higher which end up not much difference.

-the tax refund percentage and the amount you are paying for the watch. Because for some countries, the higher you spend, the higher the tax rebate.

-the brand and model you are buying and the demand in that particular region. Normally they are willing to give more discounts for not so popular models or if the watch has been lying in the display for a long time and they wanna get rid of it.

-your mode of payment. Even though they are willing to give higher discounts for full cash payments but sometimes the additional discount is not much and your credit card rebate can give you more savings as compared to full cash payments. Not forgetting that paying with credit card will result in poorer exchange rate too.

To give you an example, when you buy watches in Switzerland, you pay the net price after deducting tax. However you earn lesser credit card rebate this way. Also the tax refund is lesser. However so far based on the exchange rate that I changed my currency for, the retail prices are somewhat slightly lower than others. As compared to other european countries, tax refund is higher and sometimes more discount, however I gotta pay full amount first and get my tax refund to my credit card later, which means double bank charges. Also Slightly higher retail price. End up the net price difference might be more or less the same. I have tried calculating during my trip to Italy, Paris, Switzerland, Austria and Germany

Nobody can give you a dead sure answer which exact country will be cheaper for the watch you want to buy because most will advise you simply based on the VAT rate. However as mentioned many factors are taken into consideration so you gotta do your own calculations before deciding where to buy. Sometimes buying in Singapore will end up to be the cheapest and most hassle free option;p At least you don't have to worry whether yr tax form will get lost in mailMy suggestion is that as long as the price that you are paying is reasonable(eg, at least 5% off for Rolex sports models based on Singapore price),I think it's good enough.

What you buy is more important then how much you pay, because you only pay once, but you live with yr choice
              Thanks for your reply!

Buying all the way from there not only hope to have better saving compare to buying local but also like a memory of buying a gift for myself in oversea trip.

Before fly, I also have to know what are the prices of these models selling in local ADs too.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!

Buying all the way from there not only hope to have better saving compare to buying local but also like a memory of buying a gift for myself in oversea trip.

Before fly, I also have to know what are the prices of these models selling in local ADs too.
                Ya I know what you mean and I agree totally. It's like when you have to pay so much for something you will want some sentimental value to it. The feeling of buying it local and overseas is completely different. That was why 2 of my watches were bought from Switzerland on both my trips there on separate occasions. I might not be paying the cheapest price possible, but definitely not the most. That was why I mentioned that as long as the discount is reasonable it's completely fine, would be best if it is generally cheaper than Singapore. You can't possibly ask every single AD in Singapore anyway so as long as it's cheaper than those that you have asked, why not? Even if you manage to find another AD in Singapore offering a lower price after coming back, it won't be a big difference like $1K or more.

Just to share, I bought my first luxury watch(Chronomat 01 LE) in Switzerland about 2 years plus ago. After all the tax refund and everything, I paid about $10,047 excluding my credit card rebate. Could have been $9K plus but due to credit card poor exchange rate end up became $10,047. That's about 25% off based on Singapore retail price which was commonly the discount for Breitlings at that time. Not long after I came back I saw the same model at a local AD. I guess that's the only one left in singapore. I asked the sales staff for the price and the lowest they quoted was $10K. Well, about the same. But as time went by I would walk occasionally to the AD to ask for the price again. Then finally one day I did the same and was attended by a senior sales staff, he told me that he could offer it to me at max $9,600, which was about 28% off the retail price! I guess it had been there for too long and he wanna get rid of it. After all Breitlings are not that high in demand here as compared to USA. Also I think I should be able to fully pay the amount with credit card. Back then in Switzerland, I had to pay partially with cash to enjoy a lower price which eventually ended up became $10,047. So I estimated that I had paid about $450 more as compared to if I had bought from the local AD.

Did I regret? 100% NO. First of all the LE number that I bought from Switzerland happens to be my year of birth and also represents an important year in Breitling history, unlike the local
                piece, where the LE number doesn't signify anything. The LE number is engraved on the case so which means that in a way I am having the "one and only" watch with that number. Also the Switzerland AD gave me the wrong box for the watch which luckily I only discovered after returning to Singapore. I got the box changed at the service centre and managed to get the older Bakelite box. Those who are familiar with Breitling will understand what I mean. The older Bakelite Box is so much nicer and better quality than the new one, and had the Switzerland AD had given me the correct one, it would have been the new style box. So end up a blessing in disguise for me.

If you can find good reasons other than the price to buy yr watch there, just go for it As mentioned though I believe buying in Amsterdam might be slightly cheaper than Copenhagen. Good luck with yr choice

Comment

Originally posted by chronomat01le View Post
                  Ya I know what you mean and I agree totally. It's like when you have to pay so much for something you will want some sentimental value to it. The feeling of buying it local and overseas is completely different. That was why 2 of my watches were bought from Switzerland on both my trips there on separate occasions. I might not be paying the cheapest price possible, but definitely not the most. That was why I mentioned that as long as the discount is reasonable it's completely fine, would be best if it is generally cheaper than Singapore. You can't possibly ask every single AD in Singapore anyway so as long as it's cheaper than those that you have asked, why not? Even if you manage to find another AD in Singapore offering a lower price after coming back, it won't be a big difference like $1K or more.

Just to share, I bought my first luxury watch(Chronomat 01 LE) in Switzerland about 2 years plus ago. After all the tax refund and everything, I paid about $10,047 excluding my credit card rebate. Could have been $9K plus but due to credit card poor exchange rate end up became $10,047. That's about 25% off based on Singapore retail price which was commonly the discount for Breitlings at that time. Not long after I came back I saw the same model at a local AD. I guess that's the only one left in singapore. I asked the sales staff for the price and the lowest they quoted was $10K. Well, about the same. But as time went by I would walk occasionally to the AD to ask for the price again. Then finally one day I did the same and was attended by a senior sales staff, he told me that he could offer it to me at max $9,600, which was about 28% off the retail price! I guess it had been there for too long and he wanna get rid of it. After all Breitlings are not that high in demand here as compared to USA. Also I think I should be able to fully pay the amount with credit card. Back then in Switzerland, I had to pay partially with cash to enjoy a lower price which eventually ended up became $10,047. So I estimated that I had paid about $450 more as compared to if I had bought from the local AD.

Did I regret? 100% NO. First of all the LE number that I bought from Switzerland happens to be my year of birth and also represents an important year in Breitling history, unlike the local
                  piece, where the LE number doesn't signify anything. The LE number is engraved on the case so which means that in a way I am having the "one and only" watch with that number. Also the Switzerland AD gave me the wrong box for the watch which luckily I only discovered after returning to Singapore. I got the box changed at the service centre and managed to get the older Bakelite box. Those who are familiar with Breitling will understand what I mean. The older Bakelite Box is so much nicer and better quality than the new one, and had the Switzerland AD had given me the correct one, it would have been the new style box. So end up a blessing in disguise for me.

If you can find good reasons other than the price to buy yr watch there, just go for it As mentioned though I believe buying in Amsterdam might be slightly cheaper than Copenhagen. Good luck with yr choice
                  Tks bro!

Appreciate your sharing.

Have a good day ahead!

Comment

There're a couple of factors to consider as in where is the cheaper to get watches from.

1 -currency xchange rate(amsterdam = euros,copenhagen = danish kroners)
                    2 -Nett tax claimed back.
                    3 - Of course ur negotiation powers with the dealer.

when are u heading overseas?
                    Do keep us updated on the prices between these 2 countries yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Resurge View Post
                      There're a couple of factors to consider as in where is the cheaper to get watches from.

1 -currency xchange rate(amsterdam = euros,copenhagen = danish kroners)
                      2 -Nett tax claimed back.
                      3 - Of course ur negotiation powers with the dealer.

when are u heading overseas?
                      Do keep us updated on the prices between these 2 countries yeah?
                      Sure, I will update after my trip.

Comment

Sure, I will update after my trip.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X