which is better for collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is better for collection?

can't decide which rolex should i get for wearing and collection?any kind soul can help me decide which will be better?.Both watches has the same price tag.
    1. preown rolex ROLEX PRESIDENT DAY/DATE
    Year : 1970s
    Rolex Ref. Model number Nos: 1803
    condition 8/10
    all are oringinal except custom Bezel and 18K aftermarket Bracelet.

2. ROLEX PRESIDENT DATE
    Year : 1980s
    Rolex Ref. Model number Nos: 16018
    condition 9/10
    all are oringinal except custom Bezel and 18K aftermarket Bracelet.

attached is the actual pict of both watches.
    Attached Files

bro,

imho, buy what you like to wear... if it appreciates, then consider it a bonus!

if you have no preference over the two watches then some lao jiao can help tell you which one has more collector's value..
    In The Bag
    Him
    Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
    Her
    Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
    Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

I m guessing you saw it from the eBay seller right? I rmb I saw these watches b4. I think got a link at FAQ section. Actually I was considering that until I saw the aftermarket bracelet. That is totally totally bo hua!

An original bracelet costs 10k or there about,but aftermarket is worth only like the gold value which is like 2-3k?

As much as I love solid gold watches...aftermarket bracelet is a no way...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        I m guessing you saw it from the eBay seller right? I rmb I saw these watches b4. I think got a link at FAQ section. Actually I was considering that until I saw the aftermarket bracelet. That is totally totally bo hua!

An original bracelet costs 10k or there about,but aftermarket is worth only like the gold value which is like 2-3k?

As much as I love solid gold watches...aftermarket bracelet is a no way...
        but worst is those who use original Rolex signings and replace with so called Italian gold etc etc etc.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

for me, the moment it has after market bezel and bracelet, it is not worth collecting anymore.

reason is simple - not consider truly vintage already. only the movement inside.

anyway, what is your ideal personal collection? are you collecting one from each type? or just want to concentrate on dress watch, or you going for individual movement.

im no fan of bling bling watches as such, between the 2, i cannot advise u much.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Sorry to say that when I heard of anything aftermarket then it's NOT worth of collection. For me Collection means Original

Cheers,

Comment

I'd take the one with white dial. Gd luck !
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X