Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub 489 or 422

Hi all senior

Am thinking whether should I collect the first pam watch.

489 cos I like diver watches.but due to the price and alsothinking
    It is worth? Someone told me submersible is not worth collecting.

422 is I can wear it everyday regardless of events
    What is the value between luminor and submersible

Not able to decide. Any advise?

Originally posted by luohan27 View Post
    Hi all senior

Am thinking whether should I collect the first pam watch.

489 cos I like diver watches.but due to the price and alsothinking
    It is worth? Someone told me submersible is not worth collecting.

422 is I can wear it everyday regardless of events
    What is the value between luminor and submersible

Not able to decide. Any advise?

You referring to Pam 389 right?

Tough choice between those two. Both have their merits.

But one thing that we must establish first. What's worth is very subjective. Looking at Panerai as of late, nothing is certain. You might think this model is collectible but the very next year Panerai makes another one just like it with a very minor tweak. With many models available, pre owned and new plus upcoming newer ones, we are all spoilt for choices and that make collecting Panerai a challenge now.

Yes, submersible has always been the least favorite compare to the bases and marinas but each have their own fan base. There are diver watch fans (I am guilty of being one) and Panerai dive watch just ooze coolness.

Both models you mentioned do not fall into that category of collectables so really get the one you like best. Try them out at the boutique. They have very nice staffs (and pretty too) to help you out. And then see which one sing the most to you.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Comment

I think in terms of popularity 422 more popular than 389...

But I may be wrong...

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
      You referring to Pam 389 right?

Tough choice between those two. Both have their merits.

But one thing that we must establish first. What's worth is very subjective. Looking at Panerai as of late, nothing is certain. You might think this model is collectible but the very next year Panerai makes another one just like it with a very minor tweak. With many models available, pre owned and new plus upcoming newer ones, we are all spoilt for choices and that make collecting Panerai a challenge now.

Yes, submersible has always been the least favorite compare to the bases and marinas but each have their own fan base. There are diver watch fans (I am guilty of being one) and Panerai dive watch just ooze coolness.

Both models you mentioned do not fall into that category of collectables so really get the one you like best. Try them out at the boutique. They have very nice staffs (and pretty too) to help you out. And then see which one sing the most to you.

Cheers.

Comment

Buy both!!

Joking aside, like what Ryuden said, "worth" is subjective as it all depends on whether you like it or not.

And I understand your predicament... because I have been there!

I started with a Luminor 1st as like you rightly put it, I can wear it everyday as a daily beater. But the Sub is such a beautiful thing that I added the 389 to my collection later.

So it depends on you!

Comment

Originally posted by wlover View Post
          I think in terms of popularity 422 more popular than 389...

But I may be wrong...

You are not wrong but its tough to really know which is more popular than the other.

Because there's a lot more of 422 being offered and sold via the pre owned market makes it more popular? And less 389 makes it less popular?

Yes generally the Submersibles are less "popular" compare to the Luminors...well at least the 44mm ones i.e. 24 and 25 which have lesser fan base than their Luminors siblings...

But...

The same could not be said to the 47 mm ones (not referring to SE Subs)...The 305 is definitely a popular Sub...strong fan base as the Luminors...The 389 could be heading to that directions too...but it's anyone's guess...

Comment

Its a natural step (for those who is unsure which Panerai is best) for one to go through the Luminor route first before embarking into the other cases i.e. Subs and Radiomir though some due to strong feelings with a set mind did start off with Subs or Radiomir instead.

And progressively they venture to the other cases.

Exactly what me , Azrielsc and many others did.

Take your time. Try out at the boutique and see which sing to you the most until you syok...

Doesn't matter which one you chose, both are winners and both are....Panerai.
            Last edited by Ryuden; 23-06-14, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Price matters too as RRP of both watches are different about $2k. My heart would go to 389...ceramic bezel, 47mm, Amagnetic....

Comment

When I started with a Luminor 1950... I began to look around and then bought a Luminor, and then a Sub and finally a Radiomir, even though I am on the fence with the Radiomir.

I believe it is through learning of Panerai and its offerings that started me on this journey!

Now my excuse is:

1. Luminor 1950 (351) - Daily Beater
                2. Luminor (219) - When i want a 44mm and something different (mine's a Destro)
                3. Sub (389) - When I want to go all chunky (47mm) and casual
                4. Radiomir (512) - When I need something to go under my cuffs!! Which the rest are impossible to fit under.

Hehehe!

Comment

For me any pam super if you never try then you never know..
                  BUT
                  I was impressed by ion staff he put on 422 with ranger strap GAME..

Comment

my personal take, got for a luminor first if this is your first pam.
                    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X