Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon ceramic XV vs Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m ceramic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon ceramic XV vs Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m ceramic

Was looking into the Ball hydrocarbon ceramic and the Tag heuer aquaracer ceramic.
    Both are quite similar priced but Ball seems to be better when it comes to the Chronometer and the Size.
    Any opinions?

Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon ceramic XV vs Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m ceramic

Was looking into the Ball hydrocarbon ceramic and the Tag heuer aquaracer ceramic.
    Both are quite similar priced but Ball seems to be better when it comes to the Chronometer and the Size.
    Any opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by rics21 View Post
      Any opinions?
      If u are talking about Aquaracer 500m ceramic 2012, which is the calibre 5 movement, forget it my friend. This model is not a chronometer, not even close.

If u are referring to 2013 model, which is based on calibre 16 aka eta 7750, then it depends on looks preference. It has got chronograph function, still...it is not considered a chronometer.

Ball on the other hand is a certified Chronometer with eta 2892-2..for me, I go for the "Balls"....hehe

Comment

Go for Ball man, these days seem like Tag get into more commercial more than watch company to me.

Comment

Hi Rics,

I can only share with you the key pointer on this watch.

Ceramic XV is 42mm whereas tag is 41mm.
          Our Watch has anti magnetic feature and
          shock resistance is up to 5,000Gs
          plus our sapphire glass is 5.3mm thick
          With COSC for the watch.

Originally posted by rics21 View Post
          Any opinions?
          Regards
          Ball Watch Company

Comment

We have strong fans here thanks guys...
            Regards
            Ball Watch Company

Comment

what about the brand prestige? we are looking at a well known brand "tag" as compared to a new HK owned Swiss watch "ball". so is the ETA Chronometer of the 'ball' worth the extra 800 SGD?

Comment

I would buy the XV in a heartbeat. Besides the said pointers, I think 3 years warranty is another big plus! In addition, I heard Ball customer service in Singapore is top-notch : )

Try them on, follow your heart... Good luck!

Comment

Hold these 2 watches one in each of your hand.

The Tag ceramic is a featherweight as compared to the Ball.
                  It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
                  Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                  Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                  Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by blingking View Post
                    Hold these 2 watches one in each of your hand.

The Tag ceramic is a featherweight as compared to the Ball.
                    So what's your take? Iight or heavy?

Comment

Just buy what you like. COSC just mean better QC check and movement finishing. But if it is no see through caseback then there is no difference. Brand heritage wise, like BALL, TAG was also bought over by LVMH few years ago so no big deal about their heritage. But TAG service charges is going to kill you if you ever need a repair. Just my 2cents.
                      sigpic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X