Buying a U1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a U1

I'm thinking of getting a U1. I was quoted 30% off for the watch at THG. With the POSB/DBS promotion, i will be able to get another 5% rebate. Should i bite the bullet? After all the discounts, the watch comes up to $3700 x 0.7 x 0.95 = $2460.50. Alternatively, any one able to get a BNIB one at a better price? Thanks!

you may want to check out other threads in this section where some private watch dealers may be able to provide additional assistance.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

to supplement my previous post, you may want to read this thread for more information to help you decide.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

it's about the same price as last year before price increase... nothing exciting to shout about. if u have friends traveling to europe. better to buy from there, with the euro now at 1.6, it should cost u nothing more than S$1.7K.
        elusive

Comment

does cortina have sinn watches?
          else the 13% rebate with ANZ card is better
          Haves
          Pam 25
          Pam 328
          Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch - Apollo 11 "40th anniversary" limited edition
          Sinn Regulateur 6100
          Rolex Explorer II ref 216570
          IWC Top Gun pilot 44mm ref W378901
          Rolex Daytona 116520
          Rolex Tudor Mini-Sub ref 73090
          Cartier Santos 100 Stainless Steel Large W20073X8
          JLC Reverso 976
          Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
          IWC Portugese 7 day blue dial

Wants
          AP ROO Panda
          ALS Lange 1 (+/-moon phase)
          PP Nautilus Annual Calendar

Comment

Originally posted by ichiban View Post
            does cortina have sinn watches?
            else the 13% rebate with ANZ card is better
            Unfortunately no....

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
              it's about the same price as last year before price increase... nothing exciting to shout about. if u have friends traveling to europe. better to buy from there, with the euro now at 1.6, it should cost u nothing more than S$1.7K.
              Im gg to Paris and Italy in dec tho wld they have Sinn there?

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
                Im gg to Paris and Italy in dec tho wld they have Sinn there?
                i got mine at the sinn factory in frankfurt itself... during the following 2-3 weeks in various parts of europe (austria, switzerland, czech republic), didn't come across any sinn boutiques or AD shops.
                elusive

Comment

has THG increased price yet?

Comment

Originally posted by dorothy
                    Think you have your maths wrong. Sinn in Europe just increased price effective 01 Sept and you will not be able to get this price even years ago unless it is a pre owned one. Thanks.
                    I did in fact got mine @ sinn factory in may 12 @ eur 12** before vat refund... at 1.6 exchange rate, it is sgd 17**

Will attach receipt online if have time...

Place check your maths
                    elusive

Comment

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...-sept12-13.pdf

Wus posted the Sep price...only v modest increase to 1290...still within low 17** with current exchange rates. Get sinn to do direct vat refund to get back full 19%
                      elusive

Comment

January already increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Jameswong View Post
                          January already increase.
                          Yes we all know about the price increases ... no sweat about that.

All I am saying is even based on the current price €1290 before vat refund, u still end up paying s$17** after getting back vat refund.

Peace.
                          elusive

Comment

dont think 1.7k can get - even if u evade the 7% gst at changi airport
                            last check with a gray dealer he got it at closer to 2k range, but then he probably bought a few sets and had to declare gst
                            even then he is selling the new piece at 2.3k only, so profit margin very low

Originally posted by satch View Post
                            http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...-sept12-13.pdf

Wus posted the Sep price...only v modest increase to 1290...still within low 17** with current exchange rates. Get sinn to do direct vat refund to get back full 19%

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                              dont think 1.7k can get - even if u evade the 7% gst at changi airport
                              last check with a gray dealer he got it at closer to 2k range, but then he probably bought a few sets and had to declare gst
                              even then he is selling the new piece at 2.3k only, so profit margin very low
                              Not sure where grey dealer gets his supply from.

What i wrote is based on personal experience buying from sinn store in frankfurt itself. The price i got was slightly lower than current €1290 list price (after dsep 12 increase).

Just work out the maths:
                              Price €1290
                              Vat refund 19% or 14.5% depending if u want to use global blue
                              Exchange rate ~ 1:1.6

Grey dealers may get their supplies not durectly from sinn, i am not sure, perhaps that is why price higher...BUT the main purpose of my comment is to share abt buying u1 from europe, not from grey dealers. Hope my position is well understood.

:-)
                              elusive

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X