Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liao...
    Svc - $450/-
    In another 6 to 10 months...u will buy another....and another,...and another....
    Holding
    Azimuth - Jadgbomber
    Hermes - Clipper
    Orient - Diver 200m
    Perrelet* - Dual Time
    Pierre Balmain* - Gold Plaque 10 Microns Quartz
    Raymond Weil* - Don Giovanni Chronograph
    Rolex - 1603 HG (Yr 1943)
    Rolex* - 1603 HG - Golden Computer Dial (Yr 1967)
    Rolex* - 16018 Yellow Gold
    Sarcar* - Mistral Rose Gold
    Seiko* - Atlas 200m
    Seiko - Diver 200m
    Tissot* - Heritage 150 Anniversary
    Titoni* - Airmaster
    * = Sale
    Wife: even my bags don't cost as much!

Comment

service @ 450? Not at RSC i'm guessing? (:

haha noooo now to focus on other priorities! Don't tempt me!

Comment

Originally posted by cokiee View Post
        Thank you all for your kind words, and welcome to hell indeed (:

The watch is a little scratched, so all i'm considering now is whether to bring it to get it polished then wear it, or wear first and polish at a later time. I'm also thinking that since the watch is a z-series, and it's been about 5 years since production, i should perhaps just bring it in for a servicing at the same time. However the technician at RSC didnt recommend one when i got it verified thogh.

Any thoughts?
        Very Nice watch! Still in very good condition, don't bother to polish yet.

Which one you getting next?

Comment

Very nice watch! Congrats on your beautiful purchase!

Comment

Swee!! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheKing View Post
              Very Nice watch! Still in very good condition, don't bother to polish yet.

Which one you getting next?
              Actually there are quite a few scratches if you look closely - maybe i can takea few closer shots and you can help review the need to polish - but yes i'm also thinking that a complete servicing would be more cost-effective as well.

and erm .. actually i like the GMT II - C. heh.

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
              Swee!! Congrats!!
              Thanks! (:

Originally posted by Superbiz View Post
              Very nice watch! Congrats on your beautiful purchase!
              Thank you!

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
              Congrats! A fortunate man to have his first luxury watch from Rolex.

IMO, Rolex is indeed a good brand. It's valuable, good quality built and famous. Explorer II is a good model to start from, though I would reckon Submariner, due to the famous 3135 movement. In any case, you will not regret buying a Rolex. I believe, your collection will continue to grow!
              I don't disagree - i'm a very fortunate man who has managed to get his from a kind gentleman. (:

Comment

As mentioned earlier, appended are two photos of the bracelet - one can clearly see the scratches, especially near the rolex crown, most likely when in contact with the table in office. Worth a polish first? My Seiko kinetic bracelet is far worse and i've no issues with that, but then again this is a rolex, and my first. hehe.

Also there arises the issue of the watch being 5 years old, but never had any servicing done. Supposedly it's about due, but then during verification at RSC the technician didn't recommend one.

Suggestions?

Comment

It's still an individual choice. If the RSC technician didn't recommend a service, it means the watch didn't need one now. But if you think it can give you a peace of mind to do it, why not? Alternatively, you can wear the watch for a few weeks and see how first. If you still can't bear it, then go get it done.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I agree with Ocean, it seems that you are concerned about the 5 year service mark. So just send it in and get it serviced and polished.

I would send it in if I were you, cos I 'm not too sure of the condition of the movement and how the previous owner used the watch. Cos factors like the rubber gasket life(water proof), oil life and the previous owners use of the watch(ie sports and exposure to soaps and chemicals) affects the servicing interval. So better to get it serviced and feel more at ease.

But I still think the scratches are ok, maybe that's just me.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions!

I'm also thinking along the lines of there not being a need since the technician didn't recommend a full service. Maybe just a polish for now and later on, a service.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKing View Post
                        I agree with Ocean, it seems that you are concerned about the 5 year service mark. So just send it in and get it serviced and polished.

I would send it in if I were you, cos I 'm not too sure of the condition of the movement and how the previous owner used the watch. Cos factors like the rubber gasket life(water proof), oil life and the previous owners use of the watch(ie sports and exposure to soaps and chemicals) affects the servicing interval. So better to get it serviced and feel more at ease.

But I still think the scratches are ok, maybe that's just me.
                        +1 If you decide to keep the watch, with servicing you can wear it at peace for another 5-8 years. when u decide to sell it, it may have little or no increased in market value but it does give you an edge if there is another competitive explorer selling at the same time as you. It may also facilitate an easier decision/ sale to prospective buyer.

I say live with the scratches, i'd rather have a scratch case than a thin case.
                        However its just my personally preference.

Comment

Cokie, scratches are inevitable. Even after you polish it's gonna come back.

I recently got an explorer too, white dial. Love the history, love the look. I think the explorer tends to look better in real life than pictures.

Maybe you wanna consider a rubber strap to preserve your current bracelet? After all, the original bracelet does cost a fair bit.

Congrats once again!

Comment

NIce Watch
                            HFTL = Hoot First Talk Later!!

My collection:
                            Submariner 16610 F Series
                            GMT2C 116710 V Series
                            TT Submariner 116613LB G Series

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile