I Have Jumped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Jumped.

So then after much deliberating and snooping around the forum, what was initially a plan to buy a Ball, then a Chopard changed to an idea to get a Rolex, after being poisoned by the pretty pictures here. I name all here as defendants. Like a boy at his hobby I tried to find out more about the watch I wanted to buy, and when the opportunity came, I jumped.

The watch was bought through a fine gentleman here who was very kind and amicable, and who shall remain anonymous (mainly because I have not sought permission to name him), and came with full box and papers.

Apart from this fine gent thanks also are due to OceanKlassik and Yong5, who I have bugged relentlessly and from whom I have learnt much.

I'm not very much of a photographer, but here're some shots (:

What the watch came with - the green pouch and cloth came with the verification process.

A close up of the watch in it's box.

On my wrist!
    Last edited by cokiee; 15-11-11, 10:53 PM. Reason: Tryna add the photos!

looks like i can only edit the thread once, so here are the photos - apologies for the messy post:

The whole works:

In the box:

On my wrist!

Comment

Congratz! That's sure one handsome pc you've gotten

Tx for sharing
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i'm sure you're talking about the wrist. hehe! Thanks mate (:

Comment

Congratulations. Beautiful explorer ii.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Congrat bro, enjoy wearing it... Cheers!!
            Current:
            No More Liao...

Comment

Congrats on your new purchase.
              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by cokiee View Post
                On my wrist!

Congratz on your swee acquistion!!! The journey of exploring begins...
                Current
                ------------
                SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Great Choice..Congrats.

Comment

Great start! I'm in no doubt there will be many more to come.. Welcome to hell

Comment

A fine choice!
                      My Tumblr
                      -------------------
                      http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words, and welcome to hell indeed (:

The watch is a little scratched, so all i'm considering now is whether to bring it to get it polished then wear it, or wear first and polish at a later time. I'm also thinking that since the watch is a z-series, and it's been about 5 years since production, i should perhaps just bring it in for a servicing at the same time. However the technician at RSC didnt recommend one when i got it verified thogh.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Nice Exp-II! Mine says hi ...

运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Congrats! A fortunate man to have his first luxury watch from Rolex.

IMO, Rolex is indeed a good brand. It's valuable, good quality built and famous. Explorer II is a good model to start from, though I would reckon Submariner, due to the famous 3135 movement. In any case, you will not regret buying a Rolex. I believe, your collection will continue to grow!

Comment

It's common to have scratches. It's inevitable. As long as there is no major dents or broken, keep using the watch. Then if you decide to send for servicing, a complete over-haul would include polishing. It will be polished as good as new. Anyway, just use it and welcome to the club!

Originally posted by cokiee View Post
                              Thank you all for your kind words, and welcome to hell indeed (:

The watch is a little scratched, so all i'm considering now is whether to bring it to get it polished then wear it, or wear first and polish at a later time. I'm also thinking that since the watch is a z-series, and it's been about 5 years since production, i should perhaps just bring it in for a servicing at the same time. However the technician at RSC didnt recommend one when i got it verified thogh.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X