my first rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
    But the resale value of Seiko is far away compared to the Rolex.
    Just wondering why resale value would be of a major factor for owners.....

Or we should phrase it that Rolex has better branding / marketing worldwide ?

Comment

Originally posted by Supan View Post
      Just wondering why resale value would be of a major factor for owners.....

Or we should phrase it that Rolex has better branding / marketing worldwide ?
      Its the material which Rolex used. The hair spring is of a high quality material in which the tension of the spring will remain constant over a long period of time without deformed. Hence keep a good timing. 10 year old Rolex watches still keep a pretty good timing.

Besides the Stainless Steel 904 used is of very high grade steel and high resistance to corrosion (Low grade steel do rust under corrosive environment). Nevertheless, rolex do buy back old rolex watches, therefore make the price of rolex marvellous.

do correct me for any mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by futurerolex View Post
        Its the material which Rolex used. The hair spring is of a high quality material in which the tension of the spring will remain constant over a long period of time without deformed. Hence keep a good timing. 10 year old Rolex watches still keep a pretty good timing.

Besides the Stainless Steel 904 used is of very high grade steel and high resistance to corrosion (Low grade steel do rust under corrosive environment). Nevertheless, rolex do buy back old rolex watches, therefore make the price of rolex marvellous.

do correct me for any mistakes
        Are you trying to justify spending so much money on a watch ?

First time I heard of rolex buyer back old rolex watches...at what kind of price?
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

To me , 316L and 904L not much diff as i do not intend to dip my wrist or watch in vat of acid....

Disclaimer: I have both rolex and seiko watches....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

depending on which model of seiko.

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
            But the resale value of Seiko is far away compared to the Rolex.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              depending on which model of seiko.
              Correct, some preowned phased out JDM models are selling close to or even above their retail price.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post

First time I heard of rolex buyer back old rolex watches...at what kind of price?
                interesting question.well, indeed, i am trying to justify the price of the watch

Patek Philippe is so expensive even their screws are very unique and yet the resale value is not as high. Why?there must be some reason....

Comment

even for some rolex model, some models resale value is not that good also.

when you sell resale value, do you mean the price you sell to preown shop or preown shop selling price?
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    even for some rolex model, some models resale value is not that good also.

when you sell resale value, do you mean the price you sell to preown shop or preown shop selling price?
                    wow. that is quite technical. I am not shop owner hehe. what i can see is the preown shop selling price in term of % losses against the buying price of new watches.

Any idea wat is the resale value of daytona zenith 1998- 2000 year series?

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post

Oops! missed to reply your 2nd msg. Rolex buy back is what i heard from shop owner and friend. wat price i dun know leh.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X