No announcement yet.

Beauty in Black - A pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm so far bracelet seems to the peoples' choice!
    My Tumblr
    -------------------
    http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

I always prefer rolexes on the bracelets..hehehehe....
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I like the Nato, as it disguise the fact that its a Rolex, it shows you wear a Rolex because its a fine watch rather than a status symbol. Though I would have thought a darker nato strap would work better with the dark watch. I just stuck a Nato on a GMT Master and looks great and doesnt "look" like a Rolex.

Comment

Mind you the review of the exploer 1 is pretty damming which is a shame because I always liked it because its is a very unassuming watch.

The write up is basically saying the internal is pure junk? http://www.timezone.com/library/horo...75591245315012

Comment

Hi Capt chunder,

I have read that article by Walt Odets and it is a widely discussed article on various Rolex forums. I think Walt's point is that the Rolex Cal 3000 in Rolex Explorer 14270 at its price point then, was comparatively overpriced for such a crudely made movement.

However, that article is with reference to the Rolex Explorer 14270 which was the pre 2001 model. In 2001 the Rolex Explorer 114270 with the 3130 movement was introduced and features a whole slew of improvements most notably a balance bridge and a brequet overcoil which increases the stability of the movement.

In 2010 the new Rolex Explorer 214270 was introduced, the most noticeable aspect is of course the upsized 39mm case and the "new" 3132 movement which mainly has the Parachrom hairspring and Paraflex shock absorbers as it improvements. The interesting thing about the Paraflex system is that it doesnt just protect the balance wheel but other parts such as the escapement as well are protected.

Currently there arent many pics on the 3132 movement available on the internet, but if you google the 3130 you will find some and from the pics it is in terms of aesthetic finishing greatly superior to that of the 3000 movement in addition to the said improvements above.

As a current possessor of the Explorer 214270, I would recommend the watch to anyone if it met their budget and specifications. The best bits about the Explorer 214270 is how Rolex kept all the core values; no oversized case, no bling polished centre-links or funky colours and no maxi-dial. The core values all Rolex sports watches are infused with are preserved in this watch. It exudes quiet purposeful restraint and class. Of the stability and accuracy of the 3132 movement I have no doubt, the Explorer is my daily beater and I run,gym and bathe with it. Its currently neck to neck in terms of seconds gained with my Daytona. Of course, the Explorer being a Rolex is grossly overprice for a watch with simply time telling abilities. For the $7000 paid, I'm sure a Omega or Breitling which better value for money could have been picked.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by capt chunder View Post
            Mind you the review of the exploer 1 is pretty damming which is a shame because I always liked it because its is a very unassuming watch.

The write up is basically saying the internal is pure junk? http://www.timezone.com/library/horo...75591245315012
            My Tumblr
            -------------------
            http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kqxrlovesSpeedmasters View Post
              Recently, I accompanied the gf to the "Beauty in Black" exhibition at the Singapore National Museum. Beauty in Black is an exhibition of about 20 black dresses from famous designers.

I was bored to be honest but a quote displayed at the exhibition caught my attention..."With one black dress you are safe. With two, you have double-edged security"...interesting...what if I applied it to watches & myself...

"With one black dial watch I am safe. With two, I would have double-edged security?"

Following that train of thought, I decided to add a brand new Explorer 214270 to my recently acquired black dial daytona...

Yay! I feel much more secure now! But the gf failed to appreciate the logic
              You make me feel GOOD!!! I have the same pair as yours.... This a beautiful pair... Cheers!!!

Comment

Swee bro...can wear out like that 3 on one hand..power ....
                Great Collection, thanks for sharing.
                Appreciated.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X