my first rolex-sub date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first rolex-sub date

a little pics to share ..sorry not too clear.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27903884@N03/2798831905/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27903884@N03/2798831341/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27903884@N03/2799680632/
    Last edited by Darkangel; 26-08-08, 07:04 PM. Reason: still cant see image..nvm

Just use the links if you are using flickr....use Photobucket if you want the pics to appear

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Nice! My first Rolex Sport is also a Sub date too!

Comment

ok thanks for helping me relink the thing... guess i gotta switch to photobucket

Comment

Nice acquisition bro, hope the price was nice too

Comment

no idea if my price was gd but just bought since i like it alot and i tot of it more of a jewellery rather than a watch... hahaha.. i still dun really know how to tune the time n date but nvm.... 16800 sounds like yi lu fa ling ling (fortune all the way come true).. lol
            i was choosing between a gmt2 and a submariner..but ultimately chose submariner.. coz since wanna buy, i wanna get the most definitive (in my opinion) series of rolex which isnt price too-high, with potential growth

also if u bring the subby close to ur ears... can u hear ticking sound? isit normal to hear tat.. coz i hear rolex not suppose to hear ticking sound...but mine can hear...

btw any idea how much a subdate cost these days brand new after discount?
            Last edited by deadbench; 26-08-08, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Congrats. Wear it proudly...

Comment

A good choice.
                Jim

Wishlist 2013
                * ROLEX GMT Master IIc
                * PAM 88

Comment

congrats....and wear it in good health...
                  Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                  Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                  Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                  Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Gd choice of purchase ! A new SubM w/date now costs 8228 at list with little/no discount, at the ADs.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by deadbench View Post
                      no idea if my price was gd but just bought since i like it alot and i tot of it more of a jewellery rather than a watch... hahaha.. i still dun really know how to tune the time n date but nvm.... 16800 sounds like yi lu fa ling ling (fortune all the way come true).. lol
                      i was choosing between a gmt2 and a submariner..but ultimately chose submariner.. coz since wanna buy, i wanna get the most definitive (in my opinion) series of rolex which isnt price too-high, with potential growth

also if u bring the subby close to ur ears... can u hear ticking sound? isit normal to hear tat.. coz i hear rolex not suppose to hear ticking sound...but mine can hear...

btw any idea how much a subdate cost these days brand new after discount?
                      nice one..my 2nd watch was a subdate too..used or preown normal subdate selling bout 5 to 6k depends on age of the watch..

Comment

ermm just wana highlight 1 point..
                        also if u bring the subby close to ur ears... can u hear ticking sound? isit normal to hear tat.. coz i hear rolex not suppose to hear ticking sound...but mine can hear.
                        can any1 comment on this?
                        i can still hear it ticking.. i tot the casing kinda like soundproof it or something?

Comment

i can still hear it ticking.. i tot the casing kinda like soundproof it or something?
                          it's normal..my subbie has faint ticking sound, like all mechanical watches.

A brand new one cost 7800...was offered this price by THG 5% discount.

For PI, the cheapest i was offered was 7100 by yeo kim choy.

Comment

I believe it is built more to be waterproof that sound proof. If you bring any of the Rolexes very close to your ear, you'll hear it ticking.

Comment

Yes, the very faint ticking sound is normal. It's the heartbeat of a time piece.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X