My first Rolex...and a surprise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Rolex...and a surprise.

I have been interested in watches since my teenage days and have always had the view that Rolex are for (uneducated) contractors :P But after a deep discussion session in July this year with a good friend, who is a moderator here, I did my own study and fell in love with the Rolex history and dedication to simple excellence. SG-ROC is a fantastic site to me and I've really learnt a lot from all your sharings. My Swiss engineer colleagues also told me about the engineering prowess of Rolex and her few suppliers. So went ahead to buy my first Rolex - this beautiful TT GMTIIc from THG.
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...2010GMTIIc.jpg
    Eager to throughly examine my watch, I used a Leica EZ4D stereomicroscope to examine the watch and to admire the workmanship and materials closeup. To my surprise,I found this "defect" at the letter "E" of ROLEX on the dial. Looks like a sliver of soldering material? I don't know but I was a bit disappointed that even though this is not obvious to the naked eye, it sort of affected my mind a bit about Rolex excellence to quality. http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...Dial35Xmag.jpg
    Did think of changing the dial but my friend adviced me not to, and I agree with him. So I'll take this defect as a special link between my watch and me
    Now I'm passionate about Rolex and can't bear not to wear my Rolex daily Next on the radar will be a TT Sub and TT Datejust
    Rolex GMTIIc 116713LN V-series
    Franck Muller Color Dreams
    TAG Heuer Series 2000 Exclusive
    Seiko Alarm World Time 5T52
    Seiko Titanium Alarm Chronograph 7T32
    Casio G-Shock
    Citizen Eco Drive Titanium
    Carven Neptune
    Ellesse Sport
    Citizen Manual Winding

Can sic me the price u got it for? cos gonna go down this fri to buy it @THG. TIA.
    ได้แต่เหลียวมองไปสุดฟ้าไกล
    daai dtae lieow mong bpai soot faa glai

Comment

Very nice wrist shots!
      To Be or not to Be.
      Testing my patience in Time..
      Humble keepers.

Pam 423..
      Rolex Daytona v serie..
      AP ROO Novelty black carbon..
      AP ROO Black themes..
      AP ROO Michael schumi titanium..
      IWC Portuguese Tourbillon mystere retrograde rose gold..
      Seiko Blue ocean,white dolphin..

Daily beaters

AP volcano..
      Seiko darth vadar mm1000m..

Wish List

Pam 508

Comment

Nice TT!!

Comment

This tt GMTII-C has been on my mind for the past months and it really is beautiful. It retails now at $14,896.

Tx for sharing with us..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Nice gmt
            01110.Rolex SS Submariner 16610LV .V Series
            090911.Rolex GMT Master II C 116710 . G Series
            230115.Audemars piguet ROO SIHH 2014 black /red :26470 I Series
            28012015. Rolex GMT Master II TT
            07022015 HUBLOT 541.NX.1170.LR
            07052015 .Audemars piguet Panda H. Series

Comment

It should be pretty obvious since ROLEX is quite big. Anyway, defect is good or bad, very subjective. It makes your watch unique. If the defect is not that obvious nor damage the movements, I think it's fine. I do agree with you that such brands should not compromise in terms of quality, esp. you are paying so much for a watch. Honestly, I feel Rolex is considered very good in terms of quality. I have heard watches like AP, the entire crown came out! Anyway, congrats with your GMT. I love mine too. I am just like you whom have been aiming for the TT Sub. I already got both black (TT GMT) and blue (TT Sub) ceramic bezels. I am aiming the green ceramic... Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks to all bros for the compliments : )
                Casio G-Shock
                Carven Neptune
                Ellesse Sport
                Citizen Manual Winding

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  This tt GMTII-C has been on my mind for the past months and it really is beautiful. It retails now at $14,896.

Tx for sharing with us..
                  In August the RRP was $14,589, so I see it's gone up by $307/-, so better get it asap heh heh
                  Casio G-Shock
                  Carven Neptune
                  Ellesse Sport
                  Citizen Manual Winding

Comment

Good choice for your first rollie!
                    His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                      It should be pretty obvious since ROLEX is quite big. Anyway, defect is good or bad, very subjective. It makes your watch unique. If the defect is not that obvious nor damage the movements, I think it's fine. I do agree with you that such brands should not compromise in terms of quality, esp. you are paying so much for a watch. Honestly, I feel Rolex is considered very good in terms of quality. I have heard watches like AP, the entire crown came out! Anyway, congrats with your GMT. I love mine too. I am just like you whom have been aiming for the TT Sub. I already got both black (TT GMT) and blue (TT Sub) ceramic bezels. I am aiming the green ceramic... Thanks for sharing!
                      Thanks bro. Wow, you are a real sub fan *salute* I like the hulk and smurf too,so thinking get both or choose one heh heh. I like the green, wanted to get the GMT full gold with green bezel but not practical to wear daily. But I like the TTc Blue sub too...choices choices....
                      Casio G-Shock
                      Carven Neptune
                      Ellesse Sport
                      Citizen Manual Winding

Comment

defect is defect.why keep a watch like tis?

Comment

Congrats on your new purchase.
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by Caliber View Post
                            defect is defect.why keep a watch like tis?
                            Well, if RSC will give me a brand new watch in exchange, I'll take it but if they will only change the dial, then I'd rather keep it as it is. Anyway, it ain't visible to the naked eye, so I'll take it as something unique for my watch.
                            Casio G-Shock
                            Carven Neptune
                            Ellesse Sport
                            Citizen Manual Winding

Comment

Originally posted by silverleaper View Post
                              Thanks bro. Wow, you are a real sub fan *salute* I like the hulk and smurf too,so thinking get both or choose one heh heh. I like the green, wanted to get the GMT full gold with green bezel but not practical to wear daily. But I like the TTc Blue sub too...choices choices....
                              If you have spare money, go for smurf! The blue ceramic bezel matches WG very well. If I am not wrong, the smurf is about 3 times of TT Sub. Too bad, I couldn't afford, so I could only get the TT Blue ceramic bezel. The YG GMT-Master II is nice. But I prefer the one with black dial with green GMT hand. Anyway, the green dial is the 50th anniversary model for GMT-Master II. YG watches are quite catchy, but it is nice.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X