No announcement yet.

My First Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry dont get u..which mean the seconds can loss up to 4 secs per day... by end for the week 28 secs? can someone explain to me? sorry me newbie...

Comment

wow.. nice.. how much would one cost?

Comment

Originally posted by alexneo View Post
        sorry dont get u..which mean the seconds can loss up to 4 secs per day... by end for the week 28 secs? can someone explain to me? sorry me newbie...
        Under the COSC stardard, as long as the watch dun lose more the 4sec or gain by 6sec PER 24HR is deem acceptable. Even if u bring to RSC they wont regulate for u as they have a machine to check for time lose n gain. My sub gain abt 5sec a day, they still say its fine, nv regulate for me n just return to me.
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by alexneo View Post
          best if you read it up yourself... here's a pretty good read on watch accuracy on chronocentric... click on below pic...

the value in the orange box is the COSC standard for average daily gain/loss rate... mine falls in the typical rating, +2s/day...

Comment

I set my DSSD to Singapore Standard Time on thursday, today I checked the difference, slower by 1 second only. Pretty good and impressive !
            Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Just send my sub to check at RSC today.. confirmed 3.9 sec slower already regulate back to 1.9 sec (acceptable range) will continue to monitor..

Originally posted by The_Corporation View Post
              wow.. nice.. how much would one cost?
              check my previous posts.. $8.4K

Comment

gxgx, oso hoping 2 get my 1st rolex soon...
                cherish e past, enjoy e present, embrace e future

Comment

Thanks. Confirm you will it deep deep....

Comment

Hi all,

After scouting around various watch brands and after a long "struggle", i had finally gotten the V Series Sub Date!!

Probably the very last few remaining locally right now!!

And now, for some newbie questions that i really need help on :

1. Do you guys actually bother about the COSC standard? How do i check whether my watch is within the standard?

2. How many rounds of hand winding do i need? Clock-wise turns? My AD said 20 winds, is this enough?

Thanks!!
                    It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
                    Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                    Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                    Jimmy Dean

Comment

Another newbie question :

Can i hand wind the watch while it is still running?
                      Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                      Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                      Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by blingking View Post
                        Hi all,

After scouting around various watch brands and after a long "struggle", i had finally gotten the V Series Sub Date!!

Probably the very last few remaining locally right now!!

And now, for some newbie questions that i really need help on :

1. Do you guys actually bother about the COSC standard? How do i check whether my watch is within the standard?

2. How many rounds of hand winding do i need? Clock-wise turns? My AD said 20 winds, is this enough?

Thanks!!
                        Congratulations. its a very nice watch.

1. adjust your watch to a time source. I use singapore standard time from the net. monitor after a week or so. Only do it once a while. So long its not too far off, i'm not too bothered. mechanical are never as accurate as quartz.

2. If you wear it daily, no need to wind. To "kick start" 20 is good, more will not harm either. Clock wise.

enjoy!!
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by blingking View Post
                          Another newbie question :

Can i hand wind the watch while it is still running?
                          yes. but why???
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                            Congratulations. its a very nice watch.

1. adjust your watch to a time source. I use singapore standard time from the net. monitor after a week or so. Only do it once a while. So long its not too far off, i'm not too bothered. mechanical are never as accurate as quartz.

2. If you wear it daily, no need to wind. To "kick start" 20 is good, more will not harm either. Clock wise.

enjoy!!
                            Actually, this is my first mechanical watch, hence these questions.

There are people who go bonkers over the +/- 4 to 6 secs COSC standard. They will monitor and send back to Rolex for servicing if does not meet.

Not sure whether i want to go into that. I fear i might be disappointed.

But then again, this is a $8k watch.

I will adjust the watch to a Seiko quartz.

How many times must i wind to reach 50 hours of power reserve? Anyone knows?
                            Aristotle Onassis

Nido Qubein

Jimmy Dean

Comment

I tried mine at 50 winds before and it ends at after 48 hours and 12 minutes.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

For mine rolex, comparing to SST, its -4 secs after nearly a month rolex watches shld be pretty alright de
                                Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X