Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new 116613LB TT Sunburst Dial (need expert opinion on different lume colour)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new 116613LB TT Sunburst Dial (need expert opinion on different lume colour)

I purchased this gorgeous TT blue sub from Cortina watch about a week ago. It looks stunning and I absolutely love it as you can see why - gorgeous blue cerachrom bezel, blue sunburst dial and gold. However, there is some discrepancy with the lume that is making me uncomfortable. Please refer to the picture below.

Here are pics of the lume. For the new sunburst dial TT sub, the lume should be all blue super luminova. But as you can see from the pic below the dial markers are the old green which makes me wonder about whether the dial is old or new.

I need some expert opinion on this as I don't feel comfortable about the different lume colours. Would love to hear the different opinions and feedback from those who know their Rolexes before I approach Cortina to enquire about this discrepancy.
    Current:
    Rolex Submariner 116613LB Sunburst Dial
    Rolex Yachtmaster 116622 Blue Dial
    Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 'Coke' Z-series
    Tudor Pelagos Blue 25600TB
    Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver
    Aviator Poljot Black 45mm
    Corniche Heritage 40

Wishlist:
    Rolex Submariner 116619LB 'Smurf'

Oh dear

I think you are not the only one. I recalled someone showed me something like this before but I don't remember which ROLEX model that was. I think authenticity wise, there shouldn't be an issue since it was from Cortina, a ROLEX AD. However, it does seem a wee bit off since it is a serious watch brand (ROLEX), and not a Swatch watch.

If you like it like that, then no issue. But it is good to get it checked and see what ROLEX has to say.

Do keep us informed if you can.

Thank you
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

It might be a production error, but that means it might become a pricey collector item someday haha.

Comment

Shld be blue Lume for an series. Maybe u bring back to Cortina n ask them instead?

Comment

it depends on individual perception. some will be very "disturbed" by the difference in lume color.

if i happen to own a watch with the difference in lume, i will keep it.

not only rolex release such a difference in lume. JLC's tribute to polaris also had a similar issue. the dial lume was the wrong color as well. JLC was willing to exchange the "faulty" dials, however some owners chose not to send in for the free exchange.

it is your decision if you want to change the piece or keep the existing mis-match dial.

Originally posted by dimebag View Post
          Here are pics of the lume. For the new sunburst dial TT sub, the lume should be all blue super luminova. But as you can see from the pic below the dial markers are the old green which makes me wonder about whether the dial is old or new.

I need some expert opinion on this as I don't feel comfortable about the different lume colours. Would love to hear the different opinions and feedback from those who know their Rolexes before I approach Cortina to enquire about this discrepancy.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Oh dear

I think you are not the only one. I recalled someone showed me something like this before but I don't remember which ROLEX model that was. I think authenticity wise, there shouldn't be an issue since it was from Cortina, a ROLEX AD. However, it does seem a wee bit off since it is a serious watch brand (ROLEX), and not a Swatch watch.

If you like it like that, then no issue. But it is good to get it checked and see what ROLEX has to say.

Do keep us informed if you can.

Thank you
            Originally posted by adamsmith View Post
            It might be a production error, but that means it might become a pricey collector item someday haha.
            Originally posted by joshsjw View Post
            Shld be blue Lume for an series. Maybe u bring back to Cortina n ask them instead?
            Originally posted by triton View Post
            it depends on individual perception. some will be very "disturbed" by the difference in lume color.

if i happen to own a watch with the difference in lume, i will keep it.

not only rolex release such a difference in lume. JLC's tribute to polaris also had a similar issue. the dial lume was the wrong color as well. JLC was willing to exchange the "faulty" dials, however some owners chose not to send in for the free exchange.

it is your decision if you want to change the piece or keep the existing mis-match dial.
            Yes there are 2 views on this, either this small error resulting in a unique piece can be worth a lot next time or it will bother me because some thing is not right. I love blue btw and the chroma light is gorgeous!

DILEMMA!!

Waiting for Cortina to get back to me as Rolex will only be open next Monday.
            Current:
            Corniche Heritage 40

Wishlist:

Comment

Yes there are 2 views on this, either this small error resulting in a unique piece can be worth a lot next time or it will bother me because some thing is not right. I love blue btw and the chroma light is gorgeous!

DILEMMA!!

Waiting for Cortina to get back to me as Rolex will only be open next Monday.
              Someone I know in another forum says the dial may have been swopped while in Europe before it reaches SG

Comment

Originally posted by Damienic View Post
                Someone I know in another forum says the dial may have been swopped while in Europe before it reaches SG
                Can you direct me to that thread? Thanks.
                Current:
                Corniche Heritage 40

Wishlist:

Comment

Can you direct me to that thread? Thanks.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2690...es-iv/page-274

Look for post #5476.

Comment

I think that member "Throttle2" in MCF is also a member here in this forum. Different nick.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

as TS has mentioned, it was bought from Cortina Watch who is AD for rolex watches.

IMHO, no AD will risk their reputation and AD rights with rolex to swop dial, it is a serious matter if this is found to be true.

I purchased this gorgeous TT blue sub from Cortina watch about a week ago.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Well as you all know Rolex has been known to make slight production errors here and there which results in some watches have extraordinarily high value, but 2 tone lume is really unheard of.

I think it's best I change the dial for peace of mind. Cortina salesperson said they will follow me to Rolex to have it changed.
                        Current:
                        Corniche Heritage 40

Wishlist:

Comment

Special in its own way

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Well as you all know Rolex has been known to make slight production errors here and there which results in some watches have extraordinarily high value, but 2 tone lume is really unheard of.

I think it's best I change the dial for peace of mind. Cortina salesperson said they will follow me to Rolex to have it changed.
                            This is great to hear that they will change for you.

Comment

So it's official -- since Cortina is a recognised AD and they get their supply direct from Rolex with no middle man, this makes my piece a 'unique' one 😂.

It is with RSC now and they will take a week to do testing (long waiting list since they only resumed business again yesterday) before asking if I still wish to change it. So a final week to think hard whether to change the dial.

Went to RSC with 2 Rolexes and left with none 😅.
                              Current:
                              Corniche Heritage 40

Wishlist:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop