No announcement yet.

Chapalang Watch Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like my "Buy within my means" remark is gaining popularity. Maybe I should copyright it!

Comment

Originally posted by Audiolab View Post
      Seems like my "Buy within my means" remark is gaining popularity. Maybe I should copyright it!
      My wife always remind me " You'll never have what you like until you learn to like what you have"

Comment

Originally posted by bemyself View Post
        My wife always remind me " You'll never have what you like until you learn to like what you have"
        Woah! I like this statement too. I actually like what I have now. So can I tell my wife that its time I have what I like then?

Comment

Thanks for the compliments bro. You are very kind. My collection are very basic compare to the nice watches (Rolexes, JLCs, IWCs, Pams and etc) that the bros have here. Hopefully I can add those into my collection soon. Now eyeing the Rolex Green Sub or Pam 104 as next target!
          Your collection is better than a lot of people already. The omega, tag, glycine are not cheap too... Work hard, and when u buy that rolex or pam next time, u will appreciate it more becos u work hard for it. I always believe that one will not cherish things that are easily obtainable.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
            Your collection is better than a lot of people already. The omega, tag, glycine are not cheap too... Work hard, and when u buy that rolex or pam next time, u will appreciate it more becos u work hard for it. I always believe that one will not cherish things that are easily obtainable.

Cheers!
            Actually the Omega was my first expensive watch after I started working for about 2 years. Its really hard earned watch for me. Till now, its still my most expensive watch in my collection. And its also one of the nicer watch that i like as its look is really everlasting.

I can actually get a Pam or Rolex now. Just that its hard to justify to myself to spend that money to get a watch and also to get clearance from CO. So i am happy with my latest which is a Glycine which I got from my wife as my early birthday present.

Here is a wrist shot! Pardon the poor picture quality from my Samsung Omnia.

Comment

I agree with u. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to pay so much money for a watch. Afterall the watch is only used to tell time and date, plus maybe other functions. Of course, there are people who love watches and would not mind that kind of money. I truely understand cos I am a toy and guitar collector and sometimes the money I spent on those are ridiculous. Nowadays, with my wife constant nagging, I tend to control myself. Haha... She meant good lah...

Nice watch! Care to share how much u paid for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Don't compare in this manner 'cause if you do, you'll probably die faster..hahaha.. Some here in this forum buy watches like there's no tomorrow. My collection is no better than you. So let's work harder to acquire more.

Cheers!
                ....X20!俗语说的好,一山还有一山高..人不要比,一比就要气死你.

Comment

I agree with u. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to pay so much money for a watch. Afterall the watch is only used to tell time and date, plus maybe other functions. Of course, there are people who love watches and would not mind that kind of money. I truely understand cos I am a toy and guitar collector and sometimes the money I spent on those are ridiculous. Nowadays, with my wife constant nagging, I tend to control myself. Haha... She meant good lah...

what toys you collect?

Comment

Wife also limit my buying for watches as well. Lucky enough to get 2 this year and I am not sure whether will I get anymore this year.

As for the Glycine, thanks for the compliments. I personally like it a lot and find that its very well built for the price. Good movement. I love the GMT in 24 hours which is very helpful as I travel quite a bit and also talk to my colleagues in different time zones. Make me know the time better.

As for price, list price was $5200. Got a nice discount from THG sale.

Comment

Woah! I like this statement too. I actually like what I have now. So can I tell my wife that its time I have what I like then?
                      Ha.. You haven't learn to like what you have and that's why you're asking for more

Comment

Originally posted by bemyself View Post
                        Ha.. You haven't learn to like what you have and that's why you're asking for more
                        Its just greed. I only have 1 hand to put on my watch. So why I need so many? Its purely greed......

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          what toys you collect?
                          Off topic a bit... Hee...

I collect 12 inch figures from Brothersworker, Michael Lau, Jason Siu, hot toys, medicom, etc... got abt 100 of them. I also have abt 300 kubricks, 500 bearbricks, abt 200 vinyl figures. I also have abt 300 Mcfarlane spawn figures. Plus some playmobil, lego and some other stuff. Got a lord of the ring 1:1 scale sword plus few other swords.

Now I don't blame my wife for nagging at me... haha....

Comment

Actually the Omega was my first expensive watch after I started working for about 2 years. Its really hard earned watch for me. Till now, its still my most expensive watch in my collection. And its also one of the nicer watch that i like as its look is really everlasting.

I can actually get a Pam or Rolex now. Just that its hard to justify to myself to spend that money to get a watch and also to get clearance from CO. So i am happy with my latest which is a Glycine which I got from my wife as my early birthday present.

Here is a wrist shot! Pardon the poor picture quality from my Samsung Omnia.

bro, in case you feel like letting this baby go...let me know..i've got an airman MLV limited edition (lume dial, comes with everything) that i thought of trading to airman 17 or 18...

cheers

james
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Dun think so bro. I am totally in love with the Glycine now. Just change my strap to a honey tan strap to match the face.

See the latest look of the watch together with a wrist shot.

Again, pardon the poor picture quality as taken from my Samsung Omnia. No access to my digital camera as I am in Hong Kong now. And the 3 time zone really useful when I travel.

Comment

Nice pictures.... thanks for sharing!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X