Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Sinn 103 Classic Limited Edition (500 pieces)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Sinn 103 Classic Limited Edition (500 pieces)

Last year, German watch maker Sinn released a 500 piece limited edition version of their highly popular 103 pilot chronograph. The limited edition version called the 103 Classic is visually distinct from current 103 models in a number of ways.

First, the 103 Classic has re-aligned its base Valjoux 7750 movement to form a 'V" shaped tri-compax array of sub dials at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock. Each sub dial is silver coloured with highly brilliant radial engravings which I suspect is due to Sinn's electroplating process.

The silvered sub dials contrast very nicely against the deep black colour of the main dial which has the right balance of details. Other than a date window discretely tucked away between 4 and 5 o'clock the only wording on the dial is "Sinn" placed just below 12 o'clock.

In addition, the dial comes across as less busy due to the use of baton-style hour markers rather than numeric markers.

The 103 Classic's case is made of polished stainless steel with screw down chrono pushers and a signed crown. The bezel has one minute (60) clicks and turns bidirectionally which I personally prefer. On the lower left lug you find Sinn's proprietary copper sulphate drying capsule that forms part of its dehumidifying technology.

Via the see through transparent case back you can see that Sinn has taken some effort to aesthetically decorate the base 7750 movement and has included nice touches such as blued screws.

This is definitely a handsome piece worth adding to any collection

Last edited by kqxrlovesSpeedmasters; 22-05-13, 11:44 AM.
    My Tumblr
    -------------------
    http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X