No announcement yet.

My MM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your suggestion to approach the authorities is akin to a robber asking the victim to report police after the crime has been committed

point is, this watch is calling its crown protector a 'reg t.m.'
    It obviously is trying to capitalize on imitating the look of a Panerai Luminor, and it doesnt have the simple decency to refrain from branding itself as the 'reg t.m.'

what makes Panerai popular is the design - its unique and original crown protector, dial and case which cannot be mistaken for any other watches. That’s why they are expensive and they rightly deserve to be, like all other luxury brands. Copying a unique and original design and trying to profit from it is not respectable - its like stealing. To put it nicely would be to call it a 'homage', but in all reality it is a mimick, a copycat. The thin line that differentiates between a 'counterfeit/fake/replica' and a 'homage' is the brand name - but putting 'reg tm' is one step nearer to being a counterfeit more than a homage

if buyers could stop supporting mimicks and copycats, there will be no commercial benefits for these makers to continue their 'homage' business

Originally posted by genechow View Post
    Hi skydweller_sg go report this to the police . Hahaha
    Last edited by skydweller_sg; 19-04-13, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Haha , u want I can give you the contacts of the maker so you can sue them .anyway it's not stated PANERAi anywhere .the forum allows this homage thingy so if u think otherwise then stop this with you great ability .

Comment

Btw skydweller_sg , I will be very glad if you can stop all these totally and I will salute u by crashing this watch Infront of you .Write this to the maker not me.Cheers !

Comment

you are taking it the wrong way
          my arguments are not directed at you the buyer
          i am criticising the fact that the watch maker is branding its crown protector a registered trademark, when the design is obviously Panerai
          this is crossing the line of a 'homage' and entering into the 'counterfeit' zone

i suppose you did not buy this piece because of the 'reg t.m.' markings

Originally posted by genechow View Post
          Btw skydweller_sg , I will be very glad if you can stop all these totally and I will salute u by crashing this watch Infront of you .Write this to the maker not me.Cheers !
          Last edited by skydweller_sg; 19-04-13, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Bro skydweller_sg, thanks for your explanation on not being personal .

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X