• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    Nice!!! Very very nice!!!
    Thank you bro daytona!

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
    Bro. Watch seems less damaging than cars. You know we both went thru same journey lah. I was considering changing to my dream car this year but the depreciating over next 5 years will equal to a Paul Newman (dream watch). Thinking of expending away one AP ROO a year (esp with current COE) helps me keep my old car and think of watch.

Not even a taxi ride over the weekend in my friend's RS60 could tempt me to buy it over. So, watch is a lesser poison to cure the bigger poison.

Once again, congrats. I agree with you. My AP ROO choice are in order...EOD, RB2 (Ti) and Survival. Still a dream cos if I still look for 5980 if I have 50 grand to spend.
    Yup, watches definitely depreciate less than cars. If lucky, the occasional one can more than recover cost. Paul Newman is a beauty but it's one of those watches I can only admire.

Current COE is just too high. So glad I sold my gti without having to buy. Now looking forward to my 2 years in the US! Btw, do u have a Facebook account?

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
    She's a beauty! I'm feeling a PP lust coming
    Lust at first sight
    I want a 116505!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
      Np bro, I'm also moving soon. My company engaged KC Kat on my behalf. They have been professional so far in the survey but I think they are going to be expensive. Happy moving for both of us.
      I see. Yeah...one of the most troublesome things on earth is moving house! You find old things and lose some things along the way haha.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Current COE is just too high. So glad I sold my gti without having to buy. Now looking forward to my 2 years in the US! Btw, do u have a Facebook account?
        Lust at first sight
        Yours must be the mk 5 right. That's an awesome car. I owned the very last piece of mk 4 gti in sg for over 4 years before changing to an A3. But decided to try RWD so changed to IS200 for fun. And it's fun. You lucky guy. In the 2 years in States, you can try this IS350! Or better, rent a porsche 911 and zoom round. Also, states is paradise to lots of vintage rolex and parts. Think I will go bust just buying parts!

I have a fb but go there once in a month cos got over 500 friends request waiting and I dread it. In my line of work, need to keep some privacy. You can find me here or I can pass you my email.

Enjoy states and your watches.

Comment

From what I know the price of preowned watches in the US is significantly lower than here. So I foresee that you will come back with a suitcase of watches after 2 years...
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
            From what I know the price of preowned watches in the US is significantly lower than here. So I foresee that you will come back with a suitcase of watches after 2 years...
            Not across board. All depends on made and for vintage condition. But stock and variety surely much better than here.

Be careful don't wear rolex there else customs may have issues.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats & enjoy!
              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Yours must be the mk 5 right. That's an awesome car. I owned the very last piece of mk 4 gti in sg for over 4 years before changing to an A3. But decided to try RWD so changed to IS200 for fun. And it's fun. You lucky guy. In the 2 years in States, you can try this IS350! Or better, rent a porsche 911 and zoom round. Also, states is paradise to lots of vintage rolex and parts. Think I will go bust just buying parts!

I have a fb but go there once in a month cos got over 500 friends request waiting and I dread it. In my line of work, need to keep some privacy. You can find me here or I can pass you my email.

Enjoy states and your watches.
                Yes, I used to drive the MK5. It's a good ride. In fact, I already ordered a MK6 GTI in the states. Cheap cheap, USD26k only. Now, looking for another ride, probably used. Will probably check out the options once I arrived. IS200 is nice but back then, too ex for me. Unlikely to get the IS350 as Lexus is priced at a premium in the US. Looking at a used 335 sedan, RS6, R350, C300 depending on whether those units that i saw are still available when i arrive. I think I will find you here as i think you probably come in here more than you check your emails,

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                Luckily my big wrist don't suit rolex, heng ah...

Not across board. All depends on made and for vintage condition. But stock and variety surely much better than here.

Be careful don't wear rolex there else customs may have issues.
                Why is it that customs may have issues with Rolex and not other brands? Can you enlighten me?
                I want a 116505!

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
                  Very nice! Congrats & enjoy!
                  Thank you thank you
                  I want a 116505!

Comment

Bro. You cam find me here or over at the vag forum. I am regular to these 2 places. Wow. Try the RS6 and I am sure you will hate the mk6! Ha. You cant believe how cheap my IS200 is. It's the last batch in sg and I bought it lnib when it was 4 year old. Now enjoying its 6k+ dep. Try a used Porsche there....that's the thing that really cannot afford here.

Rolex are strict controlled items to bring into states due to some regulations the govt had with rolex. So importing rolex into states is no no. Wearing in 1 should be ok but nothing more than that.

Yes, I used to drive the MK5. It's a good ride. In fact, I already ordered a MK6 GTI in the states. Cheap cheap, USD26k only. Now, looking for another ride, probably used. Will probably check out the options once I arrived. IS200 is nice but back then, too ex for me. Unlikely to get the IS350 as Lexus is priced at a premium in the US. Looking at a used 335 sedan, RS6, R350, C300 depending on whether those units that i saw are still available when i arrive. I think I will find you here as i think you probably come in here more than you check your emails,

Luckily my big wrist don't suit rolex, heng ah...

Why is it that customs may have issues with Rolex and not other brands? Can you enlighten me?

Comment

Bro. You cam find me here or over at the vag forum. I am regular to these 2 places. Wow. Try the RS6 and I am sure you will hate the mk6! Ha. You cant believe how cheap my IS200 is. It's the last batch in sg and I bought it lnib when it was 4 year old. Now enjoying its 6k+ dep. Try a used Porsche there....that's the thing that really cannot afford here.

Rolex are strict controlled items to bring into states due to some regulations the govt had with rolex. So importing rolex into states is no no. Wearing in 1 should be ok but nothing more than that.
                      Wow, LNIB for 6k+ dep, that's a very good deal! Totally unheard of in today's context. To be honest, I was considering a porsche but it's not nice to be driving a fancy car when I'm there for 2 years development. So decide to keep it on the low key. The RS6 unit is a 2003 piece so not really sure if I will get that. I think it's very likely that i will end up with a 335 sedan. I wonder though if their 335 specs is of any difference to those we have here in SG. A used 2008 M3 is around USD50k... so damn bloody tempting. Sigh...

Thanks for the advice on the Rolex. Think likely that my wife is wearing her datejust over. I'm also only bringing two watches over and will leave the rest in the safe in SG. Not too confident on the safety over there.
                      I want a 116505!

Comment

nice addition. congrats! Im pretty sure the rb2 will continue to haunt you.

Comment

The M3 is a total different beast from the 335. Go for it! IMO, how many people in sg can afford to drive a M3 plus got the roads to drive it hard. For 335, there is chance to own it here.

The V8 sound is as intoxicating as the bling on your 5712R!

Wow, LNIB for 6k+ dep, that's a very good deal! Totally unheard of in today's context. To be honest, I was considering a porsche but it's not nice to be driving a fancy car when I'm there for 2 years development. So decide to keep it on the low key. The RS6 unit is a 2003 piece so not really sure if I will get that. I think it's very likely that i will end up with a 335 sedan. I wonder though if their 335 specs is of any difference to those we have here in SG. A used 2008 M3 is around USD50k... so damn bloody tempting. Sigh...

Thanks for the advice on the Rolex. Think likely that my wife is wearing her datejust over. I'm also only bringing two watches over and will leave the rest in the safe in SG. Not too confident on the safety over there.

Comment

No horse run! Swee!

Comment

Originally posted by chase de bull View Post
                              nice addition. congrats! Im pretty sure the rb2 will continue to haunt you.
                              Oh dear, haha... Dreaming abt the rb2 too much can be a haunting experience no doubt.

The M3 is a total different beast from the 335. Go for it! IMO, how many people in sg can afford to drive a M3 plus got the roads to drive it hard. For 335, there is chance to own it here.

The V8 sound is as intoxicating as the bling on your 5712R!
                              Yup, definitely sounds like a tempting proposition but may be too much of a eye candy. Need to keep low profile leh. Hmm, I drive the gti to work and m3 for weekend, keke.

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
                              No horse run! Swee!
                              Thanks bro!
                              I want a 116505!

Comment

Yeah! The M3 RRoCks!!!
                                1 3 5
                                ├┼┼╕
                                2 4 6 R

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse