Yes! My Patek Philippe story starts today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes! My Patek Philippe story starts today

"A Patek Philippe watch is not merely a method of telling the time. It is a silent statement about your values. Each Patek Philippe is made to become a story, a tale of emotions. Who gave you the watch. On what milestone in your life. With what words. To whom did you pass on your watch. A labor of love received and given with love. All of our watches have the ability to create an emotional response in their own right. This emotion is not just at the heart of every watch - it is at the heart of our company.
    A Patek Philippe watch reveals something about you."

Today was a day of ups and downs. Started the day well by concluding the sale of my PAM233 to a nice buyer... only to find out that the 5712R that I had been eyeing from Elshan at the start of the week had been reserved. It was heart-breaking... seriously. I wouldn't have sold my PAM233 if it wasn't to fund the 5712R. So with a broken heart, I went on the rebound and was trying to secure a deal for a AP RB2 Ti (sms-ing away while watching Lion King in MBS). The price wasn't convincing so I thought to give myself till the end of the show to decide. I'm glad I did though.

Shortly after the end of the show, received a sms from Elshan telling me that his buyer cancelled the meeting the last minute and the 5712R was still available. My whole face brightened up upon this. I rushed home to take the money and proceeded to meet Elshan to deal. And there it was, my lust... I finally have you! Here's some pictures to share:

With its neighbours in the winder:

My favourite watch prior to the 5712R, IWC BP Tribute to Japan:

The AP that will one day make way for another AP:

Which will mostly like be the RB2 but will it be the rose gold? I have to do good the next few years to be even able to consider this:

And to end off, the PAM233 that sacrificed itself in order for my Patek story to start:

I'm glad the day ended on a sweet note!
    I want a 116505!

Stunning watch, congrats!

Comment

What can i say bro....

CONGRATS !!

Comment

It's a beauty!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Congrats... How I wish one day I can start my own patek phillippe story too
          Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
          Future - Geneva hallmark
          Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by 1000g View Post
            Stunning watch, congrats!
            Thank you thank you.

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post
            What can i say bro....

CONGRATS !!
            Thanks buddy! I can finally stop lusting after your 5711R. Been wanting it so bad and your signature is a constant reminder. LOL

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            It's a beauty!
            Thanks Aston. Hope your move goes smooth. Did you manage to contact Peter?
            I want a 116505!

Comment

beautiful piece!!!
              1 3 5
              ├┼┼╕
              2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
                Thanks Aston. Hope your move goes smooth. Did you manage to contact Peter?
                Thanks for your recommendation bro, but I have contacted the delivery guys which one of the bros here use regularly.

Cheers

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

By the way...thanks for buying this watch from Elshan! Now I can tell myself it's sold and I can stop thinking bout it. Haha
                  1 3 5
                  ├┼┼╕
                  2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
                    Congrats... How I wish one day I can start my own patek phillippe story too
                    Thanks

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Thanks for your recommendation bro, but I have contacted the delivery guys which one of the bros here use regularly.

Cheers
                    Np bro, I'm also moving soon. My company engaged KC Kat on my behalf. They have been professional so far in the survey but I think they are going to be expensive. Happy moving for both of us.

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                    By the way...thanks for buying this watch from Elshan! Now I can tell myself it's sold and I can stop thinking bout it. Haha
                    Kekeke, you are most welcome. Btw, I haven't worn it yet and still thinking if I should leave it in the safe as I depart for the US. Food for thought? lol
                    I want a 116505!

Comment

Big congrats. It's a cheaper and better watch then the RB2 but since you are going to own them both someday....big congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                        Big congrats. It's a cheaper and better watch then the RB2 but since you are going to own them both someday....big congrats.
                        Thanks chris! I really hope to own a rb2 one day man! Seeing both the ti and rg together was a very soul losing experience but it also redefines the target. Man, watches are so poisonous, it cured my thing for cars. It's like using poison on poison, lol.
                        I want a 116505!

Comment

Nice!!! Very very nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
                            Thanks chris! I really hope to own a rb2 one day man! Seeing both the ti and rg together was a very soul losing experience but it also redefines the target. Man, watches are so poisonous, it cured my thing for cars. It's like using poison on poison, lol.
                            Bro. Watch seems less damaging than cars. You know we both went thru same journey lah. I was considering changing to my dream car this year but the depreciating over next 5 years will equal to a Paul Newman (dream watch). Thinking of expending away one AP ROO a year (esp with current COE) helps me keep my old car and think of watch.

Not even a taxi ride over the weekend in my friend's RS60 could tempt me to buy it over. So, watch is a lesser poison to cure the bigger poison.

Once again, congrats. I agree with you. My AP ROO choice are in order...EOD, RB2 (Ti) and Survival. Still a dream cos if I still look for 5980 if I have 50 grand to spend.

Comment

She's a beauty! I'm feeling a PP lust coming

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X