2 Days with an Armoured Linde...shots n thoughts about the LW bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Days with an Armoured Linde...shots n thoughts about the LW bracelet

I decided to take some proper pictures of my Linde Werdelin 3 Timer and at the same time share some perspectives on LW’s steel bracelet. Have been wondering for some time how their unique looking steel bracelet would wear, so I finally popped into EC and picked up a LW steel bracelet.

Frankly, I had alot of problems taking pics of this watch. I really need some lessons haha maybe bro unregistered and bro promethus can teach me!

[Dial Shot]

[Side Shot]

[Other side]

Having worn the 3 Timer on the tracked calf strap and the current steel bracelet, my sense is that the 3 Timer looks better on the tracked calf. Pairing the steel bracelet with the 3 Timer which does not have a contrasting bezel, makes it kind of look like I’m wearing an integrated armored piece of steel (gf hates the steel bracelet btw but I don’t care).

[Bracelet Shot]

That being said, the bracelet is comfortable and one of the more unique looking steel bracelets I have worn. Initially I was hesitant to pick this up as I had read on other forums that the bracelet would snag hairs.

[Bracelet Shot]

Having worn it for 2 days now, I feel that unless you are endowed with really thick and curly wrist hair (the kind that keeps you warm while watching movies in cinemas), the bracelet isn’t going to be tugging on any of yr hairs (I still have all of my hairs).

[Bracelet Shot]

My 2 cents worth is that in terms of comfort the ardillion buckle with any combination of leather,textile and rubber will be the most comfortable, followed by the steel bracelet. For straps and bracelets with other brands my usual rule of thumb is that I leave my small finger spacing for breathing space. For LW you can really wear it snug and be comfortable due to its ergonomical design.

But avoid the the deployant buckle at all costs! I bought LW's deployant buckle to try and it is uncomfortable..and I mean like I wear it for 10mins and I can't tahan due to it poking me.

Probably will be looking to pick up one of the older Biformeter designs or a Spidolite DLC so stay tuned!
    My Tumblr
    -------------------
    http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Yeah let's see the first Spidolite on this forum!

I checked out the Spidolite range at EC but it didn't quite speak to me. I think a titanium piece with black dial might look best, but the dial is still a bit too plain and the silvered hands a bit too out of place for my taste. The SA all black looks best currently.

Having said that, it is still a very intriguing piece and I'm looking forward to see how LW evolves the design.

Watch Collection (click for photos!)
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
    Tag Heuer Classic 2000 Limited Edition Red/Green Dial
    Seiko Titanium Samurai
    Omega Speedmaster 50th Anniversary Limited Series
    Panerai Luminor 1950 Marina 3 Days Automatic
    IWC Ingenieur
    Sinn U Black (THG Limited Edition)
    Chopard Gran Turismo XL Alfa Romeo (Limited Edition) (sold)
    Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible 1000M
    IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

Just saw this thread my friend and great pics! The one tip I can always give is about lighting. You want soft lighting to really bring out the watch. So if you don't have a light box, do shots in front of a window with the day curtains drawn so it softens the hard light. Also look to use Photoshop or Picasa to adjust the levels.

Back on LWs, I absolutely love the SpidoSpeed DLC! I agree the Spidelite is a beauty but the weight is what didn't speak to me, too light.
      Current COLLECTION
      Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

Indeed it looks like from some sci fi show.
        Do not use beam the hologram in sight of others.
        Transform only when necessary .
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
          Back on LWs, I absolutely love the SpidoSpeed DLC! I agree the Spidelite is a beauty but the weight is what didn't speak to me, too light.
          Current COLLECTION
          Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

Cool watch! Thks for sharing
            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X