isofrane experience...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isofrane experience...

this january, i ordered an isofrane strap on the 11th. they shipped it from austria on 13th. strap arrived in singapore on 21st, stuck in post office over the weekend and finally singpost delivered it today, the 25th...

while not as quickly as i had hoped, it arrived unharmed and the strap box was protected in a larger plastic container (lowest item in the picture).

i think due to the size of the container, the package looked suspicious enough to be retained for additional examination at customs (my speculation).

customer service from isofrane.com was also excellent, responding to my one inquiry about the shipping status of my strap TWICE... once immediately, and in another one they included the tracking number.

this is the first time i have bought an isofrane strap from new, and it is only my 3rd natural rubber strap.

the other one being a hirsch pure - which is also quite nice, and i have a second hand isofrane prototype installed on a pre-owned doxa i bought last year.

the straps are nice and long, they don't attract dust and is very comfortable. it is very much at home with vintage or retro-style watches... and is thick yet soft enough to fit either a gmt2c, DS or ceramic sub with no problems.

two thumbs up!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

20mm or 22mm?
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i got the 22mm. it will fit 20/21mm lugs as it is very soft.

IIRC, the cheaper buckle is stamped out of a sheet of metal or formed by a mold, the more expensive original "retro" buckle is hand milled.

i ordered my strap with the cheaper buckle and now i have both. i prefer the original buckle as it is more discreet... my phone on low batt, so no additional pictures included but you can find more pics on their website or through google...!
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thanks for the kind reply Taxico...will wait for someone to bring in the straps locally.....
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Taxico,

Nice isofrane! Which doxa do you own?

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Comment

thanks to this thread, i ended up purchasing 3 piece of isofrane strap, using one now for my deep sea, very very comfortable, this is the softest rubber strap i ever come across n really easy maintenance, looks immaculate, does not attract dust.

the helson rubber strap was much softer i think but very thin, n sadly attract dust n easily discoloured!

i m a loyal fan of this brand now n feels that it is worth every penny. my rubber strap for planet ocean cost me about $210 n is slightly stiffer.

the biggest advantage of this iso strap is that the protrusion at the lug is very small and easily fit alot of watches. n because the rubber is soooo....soft you can fit into funny size...e.g deepsea 21mm, i m using 22mm....perfect fit !

anyways the 20mm will only come out next month May 2011, the avail size now is 22mm n 24mm.

have intention to get one more 20mm n one more 24mm!

I will have a total of 5 pieces.....yeahhh baby.....just don't want to see the amount spend on rubber straps....heart pain! sigh....but definitely cheaper then branded rubber straps!

thanks to taxico....for the lobang!!!

I LOVE ISOFRANE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greenhornet77 View Post
              thanks to this thread, i ended up purchasing 3 piece of isofrane strap, using one now for my deep sea, very very comfortable, this is the softest rubber strap i ever come across n really easy maintenance, looks immaculate, does not attract dust.

the helson rubber strap was much softer i think but very thin, n sadly attract dust n easily discoloured!

i m a loyal fan of this brand now n feels that it is worth every penny. my rubber strap for planet ocean cost me about $210 n is slightly stiffer.

the biggest advantage of this iso strap is that the protrusion at the lug is very small and easily fit alot of watches. n because the rubber is soooo....soft you can fit into funny size...e.g deepsea 21mm, i m using 22mm....perfect fit !

anyways the 20mm will only come out next month May 2011, the avail size now is 22mm n 24mm.

have intention to get one more 20mm n one more 24mm!

I will have a total of 5 pieces.....yeahhh baby.....just don't want to see the amount spend on rubber straps....heart pain! sigh....but definitely cheaper then branded rubber straps!

thanks to taxico....for the lobang!!!

I LOVE ISOFRANE!!!!!
              Hi greenhornet77,

Would you mind making a comparison between the Isofrane Vs the OEM rubber strap for the Planet Ocean please?
              I am thinking of purchasing a rubber strap for my 42mm PO and Isofrane has finally released the 20mm straps....
              Would appreciate your opinion on the 2 straps.... Thanks in advance..

Comment

Hi, just to check my watch is 22mm, do I buy the exact size 22mm or a bigger size 24mm?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X